2007 Animated maquettes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mfoga said:
Are you not going?

Unfortunately no. I was hoping to, but it seems all my finance hopes have turned against me in the past six months.

Though I am seriously considering joining GG's Premier Guild, which really makes me sick.

You want to know what makes me sick?

They end the Clone Wars line with the Mace Windu I've been wanting, but they make it an exclusive.

gg06-053.jpg

tomandshell said:
You want to know what makes me sick?

They end the Clone Wars line with the Mace Windu I've been wanting, but they make it an exclusive.

gg06-053.jpg

yeah!!! me too. after getting the my first one (grievous) the first ones i wanted after that was Mace and Dooku and now it seems that i won't get either. i want Mace very badly but won't pay more than $100+ to get him.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Is the CW line officially dead? No Dooku or Palapatine is a crime if that's the case.

Or Shaak Ti. She was a huge part of that series.

PosterBoyKelly said:
I just want the R2/Yoda that's awesome! I can't go to either con, so I'm screwed.

Yeah, me too. The Mace looks cool too, but that R2 and Yoda is so Iconic IMO. Would be really cool to display with the C-3P0 and Jawa Maquette. I'll have to find a way to get my hands on one...Hopefully through a fellow board member...Id rather not have to shell out on Evil-Bay! :banghead

SolidLiquidFox said:
Is the CW line officially dead? No Dooku or Palapatine is a crime if that's the case.

Guys Let's start a petition to get the Dooku and Palpatine CW Maquettes... who's with me?

anakin1138 said:
Guys Let's start a petition to get the Dooku and Palpatine CW Maquettes... who's with me?

Add Shaak Ti to that list and I'll sign.

I'm in! I collect the animated stuff religiously (prefer them over collecting busts) and to see the CW line end with 2 Yodas and no Dooku or Sidious is bad.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I'm in! I collect the animated stuff religiously (prefer them over collecting busts) and to see the CW line end with 2 Yodas and no Dooku or Sidious is bad.

THREE Yodas if you count the R2/Dagobah one.

:rolleyes:

SolidLiquidFox said:

We were told that there would be a few releases left before the end of the line. Roron finally went up for preorder, then Yoda on Kybuck, and now we see Exclusive Mace and hear reports from Toy Fair that GG have confirmed that he will be the last one in the line. Far too many CW characters left undone and it's a bummer.

They are moving on to the movie characters now--but there's a chance that we will see all of the most wanted CW characters in that line except Durge, because Dooku, Sidious, Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti and the others appeared in the films. It's not strictly an OT line, but rather a film line instead of a Clone Wars animated series line. GG have said that they would be interested in doing prequel characters (like Maul) as a part of the animated Star Wars film line, but their emphasis is on the original trilogy for now.

So, there is no chance that we will get a Durge, but some of those others might eventually surface.

IrishJedi said:
I for one have NO problem with them not making a Durge. In fact, that's a bit of a relief if so.

How is it a relief? Just don't buy it if you don't like it.

Well, only because (so far) the GG Clone Wars Maquette line is one of the few that I am a true completist with. So, I would likely have to get a Durge for that reason alone, but I would hate every second of it... just like his appearance in the show. :monkey5

IrishJedi said:
Well, only because (so far) the GG Clone Wars Maquette line is one of the few that I am a true completist with. So, I would likely have to get a Durge for that reason alone, but I would hate every second of it... just like his appearance in the show. :monkey5

ah, that makes a little more sense. I am only missing Padme of course. I will get her one day!

I could certainly live without a Durge. But no Dooku or Shaak Ti is incredibly disappointing. There is the chance that they could be done with the PT pieces, if and when GG gets around to it though.

I have the Padme, Obi-Wan, and Anakin maquettes displayed together on a Detolf shelf and they look great. Nice little heroic trio.

If they had given me a choice of what character to end the line with, out of all the possibilities I would have chosen Mace Windu--so I'm glad to see him squeak into the line at the last minute before they closed the doors.

And the end of the line might not be entirely GG's decision. Lucas & Co. may want the license to end so that they can focus instead on the upcoming CGI Clone Wars series. They possibly don't want GG to continue merchandising one version of the Clone Wars characters when another one is just around the corner. I have a feeling that GG will announce a new Clone Wars line when the show gets here.

Did anyone hear the rumor that Mace will be an exclusive to Star Wars Shop hyperspace members and the edition size will be two dozen?

IMG_4594.jpg

Neither did I. :emperor
-theropod

tomandshell said:
And the end of the line might not be entirely GG's decision. Lucas & Co. may want the license to end so that they can focus instead on the upcoming CGI Clone Wars series.

That's what I was thinking, actually. The designs on the new CW are completely different.

Back