2007 Animated maquettes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anakin1138 said:
Well then It's fair to let those who have the complete collection get it and anyways you can get him too through ebay as you saved money not spending for the other maquettes and can put more money on the maquette you like the most...
the price has nothing to do with it. i have most of the clone wars maquettes, i just dont' have the money to go to all the conventions to get the convention exclusives. but if you want to pay for me to go then i really don't have an issue anymore do i??

YES!!!

Not the pose I wanted, but sweet nonetheless.

IMG_4594.jpg

I think it's awesome! What a great idea (deflecting a laser blast) and probably the only way to pull it off was the animated line.

Who wants to be my best buddy in July? :monkey3

If the club doesn't offer these I'm going to be totally pissed!!

The only GG lines I collect are the animated ones and one of the reasons I like them is that there is never any exclusives, except for Padme. This is why I never started with the busts and staues cause I knew I'd never be able to get them all.

GG sure knows how to crap all over their customers.:rolleyes:

Well, the never said they were convention exclusives. Perhaps they are exclusive to a particular retailer (like Padme was at Star Wars Shop).

In some ways that could be worse since those kind of things usually just spring up for order without warning. If you're away from the forums for a day, you get screwed.

I'm gonna have 3 frickin Yodas in my collection!?!? :confused:
The only problem is, I like them all.

-theropod

Darth Loki said:
I think it's awesome! What a great idea (deflecting a laser blast) and probably the only way to pull it off was the animated line.

Who wants to be my best buddy in July? :monkey3
Are you not going?

None of the first three pics will pull up for me, but that second post with the Mace pic looks really nice.

theropod said:
Well, the never said they were convention exclusives. Perhaps they are exclusive to a particular retailer (like Padme was at Star Wars Shop).

From the official GG blog:

The Gentle Giant Worldwide Tour 2007 Exclusives include a Yoda/R2-D2 Animated-style maquette and a special Bust-Ups 2-pack of Han and Luke in Stormtrooper armor. There will also be other exclusives at some of the five events, which will be announced soon.

So you have to attend one of the five conventions to get R2 and Yoda. I am still trying to find official confirmation that Mace is also an exclusive. If he is one of those event specific exclusives, and if that event is anything other than SDCC, I am going to cry.

Yeah, they need to let us know. That way I can figure out how many items for SDCC I'm gonna be having to mail home from SDCC.

tomandshell said:

So you have to attend one of the five conventions to get R2 and Yoda. I am still trying to find official confirmation that Mace is also an exclusive. If he is one of those event specific exclusives, and if that event is anything other than SDCC, I am going to cry.
Tom you could make a quick run down to LA hit C4 and head home.

mfoga said:
Tom you could make a quick run down to LA hit C4 and head home.

And as a GG guild member, I could place my order in advance and not have to stress about a raffle or anything like that. And I could pick up Commander Gree, although he is naturally the one that I am least interested in. Why oh why couldn't they have had him be the Tokyo exclusive?!?

But I might actually have a conflict with C4 and even a day trip might prove impossible. I am waiting to see...

tomandshell said:
And as a GG guild member, I could place my order in advance and not have to stress about a raffle or anything like that.

I don't remember reading about that.

Is that correct?

tomandshell said:

Thanks for that update. I didn't realize that GG was actually up to date with press releases. I'm used to them announcing things a month or two after we hear it from another source.

I hope you are right about the Yoda/R2 so I'll have a chance to get it. On RS it did allude that Mace was an ex. I'm only going to one con this year, C4. If Mace is a SDCC exclusive it looks like I'll have to forfeit my PF Maul just to pay an eBay price for Mace. Stupid exclusives. (though I don't mind the "tour" exclusive concept as much, but I question how many will be at each location.
-theropod

There were plenty of Vader bust ups last year as the touring exclusive, but obviously there aren't going to be that many R2/Yoda pieces touring around this year. I wonder how they will divide the edition amongst the five events. Malak is the C4 event exclusive and SDCC is a very big deal, so in a perfect world they would make Mace the SDCC event exclusive, giving me a chance to get Mace, R2/Yoda and Commander Cody at SDCC--the three exclusive items revealed today that I am most excited to get.

And if Mace is an SDCC exclusive, you have a very good chance at picking one up from a board member--there will probably be more of us at SDCC than at any other event and you can very likely get one of us who doesn't collect the maquettes to help you out.

Bonehead15 said:
I don't remember reading about that.

Is that correct?

From the blog entry about the Premiere Guild Membership perks:

Pre-orders for Future Releases

-Allows you to pre-order any club exclusives, upcoming products and any convention exclusives.

-Detailed information regarding this feature will be provided once the function is live.

tomandshell said:

If that's the case, maybe I'll be forced to sign up. I don't think you should have to pay for good customer service, and I don't I collect a lot of GG items so I didn't think it would be worth while. I'm not interested in the busts, only a couple statues, but I'm crazy for the maquettes.
Do you get anything else at all for your $50? Anything tangible?
-theropod

theropod said:
If that's the case, maybe I'll be forced to sign up. I don't think you should have to pay for good customer service, and I don't I collect a lot of GG items so I didn't think it would be worth while. I'm not interested in the busts, only a couple statues, but I'm crazy for the maquettes.
Do you get anything else at all for your $50? Anything tangible?
-theropod

There is a yet-to-be-revealed "free gift." It's anybody's guess as to what that might be. But the most important thing is the ability to preorder convention and club exclusives, and access to exclusives that are held back in limited numbers for sale after the show. If there are really small numbers (like the Blackhole Stormtrooper), then there will be a Guild Members only raffle, rather than the insane free-for-alls we have experienced in the past.

And if there is any way that I can help you get a Mace maquette, I will do my best!

tomandshell said:
Thanks Tom!!

I don't remember that when I signed up.

There is a slight chance I might go to SDCC for maybe a day or two so hopefully I'll be able to pick mine up then.

yeah the Mace maquette is also a must have for me too. i don't know who here is going, but im sure as we get closer to the show there will be many threads on who will be going and who is getting what for someone else.

Back