2001 Bowman/Poole 1/6 figures - interest thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yodasan

Star Frak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to see if there is sufficient interest in Bowman and/or Poole
1/6 figures, preferably in their classic spacesuits, to try to organize
a group commision project. I'm new at this game, so open to
suggestions etc, particularly if there are more knowledgeable 2001
people around who would be willing to take the lead. The basic idea
would be to make figures similar to the Twinch squad ones.

And apologies if this was recently tried - still fairly new here.

Just caught this thread - with quite a few Twinch Squad collectors out there , it's a pity that no one has done a custom Bowman or Poole headsculpt ..? Included some photos of my Twinch Squad EVA suit - Hot Toys would really need to pull out the stops to beat this quality and accuracy !

I'd be interested. That is quite an awesome figure ultraviolet! I remember those figures from years ago. I didn't have the $$ then, and I'm sure they are way out of my reach now. Can you expand more about Twinch Squad? Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
In response to MwNN - Twinch Squad started making these 2001 EVA suits around about six / seven years ago - Red , Blue , Yellow and Sliver suits were available - unfortunatly the company situated in Spain went bust leaving many unforfilled orders in it's wake - Just Google Twinch Squad and you will see what I mean, - This example is from my personal collection and was obtained fro Forbidden Planet in the UK in 2002, for around £200. The suits themselves are minature work of art , with only a very few small issues of inaccuracy...for instance in my opinion , gloved hands could be a little more convincing, dipole antenna is missing from the reverse of the helmet .....some instances sent from Twinch Squad also included a reasonable Dave Bowman headsculpt - see photo attatched. These suits when available (rarely!) on eBay now potentially fetch four figure sums....guess I was just lucky years ago and was in the right place , right time !

Thanks for the info ultraviolet. I remember the suits. I didn't know who did them. They look great! I'd love to see someone do them now.

2001.jpg

Old 2001 Thread:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4573&highlight=twinch+squad

Now if I can only get someone interested in a custom Bowman headsculpt - Maybe Mr Carnall when he gets back from honeymoon !! ?

Is it reasonable to expect that a custom run of say 10 figures of similar quality to the
Twinch ones would cost (grabbing a number of out thin air) $300 each? $500?
If someone could sell them for less than the $1K that the Twinch squad ones command,
then it seems like it should be possible for a run to be viable. Development costs are
painful though - perhaps this would need to be run along the lines (but not schedule!)
of Captain Cardboard's 2001 studio scale models, with downpayments in advance to
fund development. Clearly trust would be a major issue in this particular case because
of the Twinch squad debacle.

Captain Cardboard to the rescue ? - Twinch squad suits command such prices due to a combination of notoriety of product (collectability) + rareness + whatever someone is determined to pay in an e-bay auction during a foaming bidding war!….The TS Suits are good, don’t get me wrong, but not exactly screen accurate....if you wished to nitpick. For my purposes , the example I ahve and it's accurracy is as best as I can get at present , and that's sometimes all we can hope to do whatever bag we are into , be it Terminator , BR , Alien(s) unless we have major skills and time on our hands as some of our brethren display by the stunning examples shown in these forums.

But time and technology marches on - and major company like HT's produce limited run items for niche markets - and a company does produce a 2001 EVA with a suitable (sic) eye to detail and licensed headscuplts (please not the “Kane” debacle!) I’m sure there’s a market – Hell , I’m up for it !

I was about to commission these heads from one of the artist I use, only to be told that an agreement had already been made between the sculptor an a manufacture to sculpt these heads for licensed product. That was all the information I was able to get as the sculptor had to sign a confidentiality agreement. I was told to wait for Toy Fair.

Back