$20 Cancellation Fee Sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slickgonzalez

Freakzoid
Reaction score
It really sucks that I've had to cancel 3 figures recently due to my wife unfortunately getting laid off from her job, but it sucks even more that I'm going to have to pay $20 cancellation fees for all of them! I find it a bit unfair, especially considering that my flex payments hadn't started on any of them.

I can understand having deposits on certain figures, but none of these figures had deposits. Seriously, you have an automated system, why couldn't I cancel with no punishment? It didn't make any more work for you, at least not $60 worth of work! $60 is a lot of money to me right now, and to get nothing out of it really pisses me off and makes me want to never do business with you again.

$60 down the drain. Thanks Sideshow. :pfft:

Last edited:
It does suck when unexpected things pop up, but you did comit to those fees when you checked out. You can always convert a regular order to flex later on. That way you avoid these cancel fees and only flex as the item is getting close to shipping and you know what your finances look like.

It really sucks that I've had to cancel 3 figures recently due to my wife unfortunately getting laid off from her job, but it sucks even more that I'm going to have to pay $20 cancellation fees for all of them! I find it a bit unfair, especially considering that my flex payments hadn't started on any of them.

Did you call them?

No, I haven't called. I didn't know that was an option. Would it even help?

I understand I agreed to it when I ordered, but I had no idea that a month later my household income would be hobbled!

I can understand having deposits on certain figures, but none of these figures had deposits. Seriously, you have an automated system, why couldn't I cancel with no punishment? It didn't make any more work for you, at least not $60 worth of work! $60 is a lot of money to me right now, and to get nothing out of it really pisses me off and makes me want to never do business with you again.

Call them!

It is always good to contact Sideshow directly. They may be willing to work something out with you considering your circumstances.

im thinking of cancelling my boba fett ex, i have no interest and was just fooling around with the PPo , that day, trying to see if my order would go through, i contacted SS a week later and asked if i could cancel and they said , there would be cancellation fees, which is better?, pay for it get the reward points, and then flip it or pay the cancellation fees, im a confused soul lol.

I would think selling it to get your money back and rewards points.

thats what i was thinking too and was shocked at all the cancellations on bruce wayne figure.they could have easily flipped it instead of cancelling .. and got the reward points,,was there no cancellation fees on that one?

im thinking of cancelling my boba fett ex, i have no interest and was just fooling around with the PPo , that day, trying to see if my order would go through, i contacted SS a week later and asked if i could cancel and they said , there would be cancellation fees, which is better?, pay for it get the reward points, and then flip it or pay the cancellation fees, im a confused soul lol.

WTF? You were playing around, kept someone who really probably wanted it from getting it as it sold out so quick? Now you're worried? :rotfl

No, I haven't called. I didn't know that was an option. Would it even help?

I understand I agreed to it when I ordered, but I had no idea that a month later my household income would be hobbled!

Maybe they could let you put the $60 towards one figure?

Hope something pans out for ya if you call em!:pray:

WTF? You were playing around, kept someone who really probably wanted it from getting it as it sold out so quick? Now you're worried? :rotfl

ya , i was going to cancel it when the PPO was over but was shocked to see it sold out, even faster than bruce wayne fig,, so i didnt cancel it right away,, :dunno

thats what i was thinking too and was shocked at all the cancellations on bruce wayne figure.they could have easily flipped it instead of cancelling .. and got the reward points,,was there no cancellation fees on that one?

I don't think there was an NRD on that. I could be wrong though...but if there wasn't one and it wasn't ordered with flex pay then no, I do not believe there would be a cancellation fee.

No, I think the cancellation fee is only for people using flex pay. If there is an NRD then you would lose that if you cancel.

I'm no Sideshow spokesperson...so I may be wrong. However, I cancelled a few things as well and aside from one NRD that I lost, I did not receive any cancellation fees for the other item.

Usually Sideshow is pretty up front about any kind of cancellation fees and I have only seen those posted on items that require an NRD and if you agree to the terms when you sign up for flex pay.

Back