15 Reasons Tim Burton’s Batman Is Better Than Chris Nolan’s The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I hated the Returns. It had its moments but overall even with the dark elements the film feels really goofy and over the top. It seems that they tried to make every villain a variation of the Joker, and put far too much focus on them. Batman feels like he is making a guest appearance in his own movie, and disappears for large stretches of it.

No, as far as Burton goes, I liked Returns more than it's predecessor.

But I like the Nolan movies more than any of the Burton movies.

Only thing about Burton I liked more was his vision of Gotham City

Edit - ...and Catwoman. ;)

I prefer Burton's Gotham and the Batmobile. The suit is a wash for me. I like the series each for different reasons.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with Morphosis here. The world is big enough for both Burton and Nolan Batmans. Batman 89' & Batman Returns/ Batman Begins & TDK. I'd rather not consider the others on those levels of cool. Forever and TDKR are watchable but not classic IMO. Batman & Robin I haven't watched since about 1998.

Personally I hated the Returns. It had its moments but overall even with the dark elements the film feels really goofy and over the top. It seems that they tried to make every villain a variation of the Joker, and put far too much focus on them. Batman feels like he is making a guest appearance in his own movie, and disappears for large stretches of it.

Interesting. I didn't get a Joker vibe at all from the Penguin.

LoL. there is definitely room for both. And there will be more in the future.

Ill respectfully disagree on TDKR though. I thought it was amazing and a perfect ending to the trilogy.

I had a feeling you would after I saw a recent post of yours in the TDKR thread.

Sadly I just didn't really like where they took it.

Both adaptations are good in their own ways. Burton's vision felt much more like an actual comic book adaptation, and went along with that in the design process as well as character traits. Nolan went for a 'realistic' approach, for lack of a better word, thus the 'busy' batsuit, armoured tumbler, and the variation in the Joker character.

have to say I love both visions and appreciate them each individually with no need to pit the 2 against each other.....

tumblr_inline_mnh0gyeR531qz4rgp.gif

I like both, but to mention Kim Basinger as better casting or whatever...man. I'm not a Katie Holmes or Maggie Gyllenhall fan, but at least I didn't want to gouge my eardrums out every time they were on screen. The Vicki Vale character sucked the life out of just about every scene she was in.

And, for my money, Tommy Lee Jones played a better Joker in Forever than Nicholson. It's just too bad the character was supposed to be Two-Face.

Returns was too much of a Burton movie. 89 Batman was more subdued and the movie was better for it.

I almost walked out of Returns. I was *this* close to leaving when Wayne did the wiki-wiki CD scratch thing during Penguin's speech. :slap

But I did like the Catwoman/Batman stuff. And the new suit was better.

:lol:lol:lol

I forgot about the wiki-wiki. Yeah, I don't know why that was necessary. Im not into Returns but I liked the Penguin and Catwoman.

Oh, and Walken but he's good in most everything.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I almost walked out of Returns. I was *this* close to leaving when Wayne did the wiki-wiki CD scratch thing during Penguin's speech. :slap.

I'd *love* to be in the audience during a Batman movie where someone stood up and said, "Come on! That's so technologically inaccurate!" and stormed out of the theater. ;)

It was a sign of the times man, lighten up! :D

I'd *love* to be in the audience during a Batman movie where someone stood up and said, "Come on! That's so technologically inaccurate!" and stormed out of the theater. ;)

It was a sign of the times man, lighten up! :D

:rotfl I SWEAR I had that very thought!!!!:rotfl

I read the whole thing. The only I'll say is that the same points could all be used to describe why Nolan's Batman is superior to Tim Burton's... it's all a matter of perspective.

Back