15 Reasons Tim Burton’s Batman Is Better Than Chris Nolan’s The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Burton and Nolan are similiar filmmakers.

1. Both use the same actors over and over and over again.
2. Both make movies that all have the same atmosphere and feel.
3. Both generally stick to the same genres (Burton with black comedies and Nolan drama/thrilers)

3. Both generally stick to the same genres (Burton with black comedies and Nolan drama/thrilers)
That goes for lots of filmmakers.

But I absolutely hold LOTR as a whole higher than the SW OT.

MMc512q.gif

I do get what you're saying about the Burton vs. Nolan collectibles, though. For me, collecting is a mix of visual attraction and affinity for the source material, and when I weigh those things Nolan wins hands down for me. But if I just judged based on what best popped on the shelf I would definitely go with the '89 stuff.

so does half of hollywood...

The Burton/Depp/Carter collaboration is undeniable, but Nolan mixes it up with a few recurring actors that come and go in the same way that Raimi uses Bruce Campbell, J.J. Abrams uses Simon Pegg, the Coens used Steve Buscemi, John Goodman, and John Turturro, Wes Anderson uses Owen and Luke Wilson, Paul Thomas Anderson uses Hoffman, Spielberg uses Tom Hanks, Verbinski uses Depp, etc.

Lance Henrikson, Bill Paxton and Michael Biehn were nowhere to be found in Avatar. That was weird. Though apparently Biehn was considered for the role of Quarritch.

Back