12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

I will check, but the fact that there are more buttons on the box pic shows that the actual item may differ from the pic.

Fact.

I will check, but the fact that there are more buttons on the box pic shows that the actual item may differ from the pic.

Fact.

Only because they didn't stitch one just below the vest's belt. The button spacing is identical to what's on the box as well, minus the button below the belt. Again man, same length.

Another shot of Henry & son...
4337578841_62d03f63ba_o.jpg

I just get my Henry Jones Sr. Yesterday !!! looks very realistic !!!

IndianaJonesCollectors.com just posted my review of Henry Sr.

https://indianajonescollectors.com/DrHenryJonesSrSSCReview.html

Great review, but with all due respect, I don't get why people compare a $90 action figure produced by Sideshow to $150 HT figures. That's a 60% increase in price. Of course, I'd expect 60% better quality out of HT, but to ding Sideshow for not giving us an action figure with a paintjob equal to HotToys isn't fair. Again, Henry's MSRP was 60% less (and even less than the MSRP of $90 if you bought him from an online dealer with the markdown).

Great review, but with all due respect, I don't get why people compare a $90 action figure produced by Sideshow to $150 HT figures. That's a 60% increase in price. Of course, I'd expect 60% better quality out of HT, but to ding Sideshow for not giving us an action figure with a paintjob equal to HotToys isn't fair. Again, Henry's MSRP was 60% less (and even less than the MSRP of $90 if you bought him from an online dealer with the markdown).

Thanks for the kind words.

I didn't really ding Sideshow at all for it. I merely stated that such quality IS possible, and that means I can't say this is the absolute best I've ever seen. But I did point out the price difference and say that for the price, this is as good as it can get.

Thanks for the kind words.

I didn't really ding Sideshow at all for it. I merely stated that such quality IS possible, and that means I can't say this is the absolute best I've ever seen. But I did point out the price difference and say that for the price, this is as good as it can get.

It's one of the best I've seen on a sub $100 figure and one of the best to ever come out of Sideshow. ;)

Hell, I'd go so far as to say it's THE best from Sideshow. At least out of ones I've been fortunate enough to see in person.

Pretty much all their paint jobs have been great after the initial Indy (with the exception of AOTC Obi but he completed before Indy anyway). A few got sucky aps on their Han and Luke Stormtroopers, but it's no different than the few lazy-eyed figures I've gotten from HT. The main issue I have right now, and it's only Indy ATM (which is over anyway but might creep into Star Wars or the Joe line) is the bobbleheadedness. They're not scaling down the heads right.

The main issue I have right now, and it's only Indy ATM (which is over anyway but might creep into Star Wars or the Joe line) is the bobbleheadedness. They're not scaling down the heads right.

It seems very strange that it would start happening all of a sudden and just with the Indy line. It's not like Trevor started sculpting the heads too big. Could it be a new casting technique being used?

It seems very strange that it would start happening all of a sudden and just with the Indy line. It's not like Trevor started sculpting the heads too big. Could it be a new casting technique being used?

I've always understood that the sculpts were produced in a scale larger than 1:6 and then reduced in size through the production process. People hinted at Lando also being bobbleheaded, but I really didn't see it given that Billy Dee's head is big already.

Last edited:

It's not all of a sudden, Sideshow has always had trouble with bobbleheads. ROTJ Luke of course being one of the most infamous. I can't pose him too close to the other figures on my shelves as the gravitational force exerted by that planetoid of a melon of his causes them to fall into a slowly decaying orbit around him.

I've always understood that the sculpts were produced in a scale larger than 1:6 and then reduced in size through the production process.

Is that right? That would explain how incredibly detailed some of their sculpts are.

It's not all of a sudden, Sideshow has always had trouble with bobbleheads. ROTJ Luke of course being one of the most infamous. I can't pose him too close to the other figures on my shelves as the gravitational force exerted by that planetoid of a melon of his causes them to fall into a slowly decaying orbit around him.

:lol Very true, but they have improved by leaps and bounds since then. It's strange that they would fall into this old problem after everything they've done.

See, given that Mark also has a naturally big melon, I put that figure in the same category as Lando. So he's never been an issue. But of the newer ones, only Indy in German disguise and KOTCS Indy have looked blatantly disproportionate which is odd given that the others in the Indy line turned out fine.

https://indianajonescollectors.com/DrHenryJonesSrSSCReview.html

This is an extremely great review that I agree with 100%! (Also your poses and photography are wonderful! Especially liked the Dr. Jones attacking seagulls pose!!! :lol )

Amidst all the accolades regarding the costume, there exists one minor negative issue, and it involves the suit jacket. The jacket looks to be roughly a quarter inch too short. On its own, it isn’t quite so noticeable. When compared against the screen costume, it becomes noticeable. How this tailoring error slipped past Sideshow and made it all the way to production is anybody’s guess.

Especially liked that part.

Love this figure, but the jacket does bug me. All the futzing that I have done is really about trying to hide the short jacket problem.

Last edited:

Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498

https://indianajonescollectors.com/Dr...SSCReview.html

Awesome review and site too. Keep it going. On a side-note, when prototype pictures were released, it showed two head portraits and the likeness was uncanny. DO you think the paint application didn't justify the sculpt. Also, what happened to the other head sideshow?

Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498

https://indianajonescollectors.com/Dr...SSCReview.html

Awesome review and site too. Keep it going. On a side-note, when prototype pictures were released, it showed two head portraits and the likeness was uncanny. DO you think the paint application didn't justify the sculpt. Also, what happened to the other head sideshow?

I do think a more intricate paint application would have really brought out the subtlties in the sculpt.

And I don't remember seeing an alternate portrait. Do you have pictures or a link for that?

Back