12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

My small contribution to the thread:

IMG_6932_duplicate.jpg

IMG_6918a.jpg

I can't get over just how awesome this figure is! I've literally spent all day photographing and editing pictures together for a figure review, and I haven't had this much fun with a 1:6 scale figure in a long time! It's a real shame Sideshow got it together with this line just in time for it to essentially get abandoned.

It's definitely the best figure from the line I own.

One question, is everyone's Henry shorter than Indy?

I just got the exclusive version of this figure from Sideshow.

I really like it and I can see it has a lot of posing potential but something about it bugs me, and I am having trouble putting my finger on what it is.

It's a scale issue I think. Maybe head's a little to big. Maybe his necks a little too short.

I really think his legs look to long. Maybe it's the cut of the suit.

I suppose this has already been discussed, but I am just finding this thread now.

Any thoughts? Or is it just me?

I just got the exclusive version of this figure from Sideshow.

I really like it and I can see it has a lot of posing potential but something about it bugs me, and I am having trouble putting my finger on what it is.

It's a scale issue I think. Maybe head's a little to big. Maybe his necks a little too short.

I really think his legs look to long. Maybe it's the cut of the suit.

I suppose this has already been discussed, but I am just finding this thread now.

Any thoughts? Or is it just me?

Here are some possibilities:

1) The legs do look longer than they are because of the suit style.

2) He doesn't have a sculpted neck like other SSC figures, so it may look shorter.

3) The collar rides up higher.

The high coller is the one thing that helps sell this figure. I really miss the sculpted necks that the head sculpts featured on the Buck.

The more I look at this figure, the more I really appreciate it. Amazing job, Sideshow!

Here are some possibilities:

1) The legs do look longer than they are because of the suit style.

2) He doesn't have a sculpted neck like other SSC figures, so it may look shorter.

3) The collar rides up higher.

I think it may be number 1.

I'll have to check, but I don't remember the suit being that short.

I like the collar.

Also, I think part of the problem is that I temporarily have dim displayed next to a Hot Toys figure, and frankly, no SSC figure can compete with that level of realism. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Can't wait to get Indy then!

I have been futzing Henry SR and I think I have cleared up some of the scale stuff that was bothering me.

P1060153.jpg

1) I made his legs "shorter" (pulled his pants down a bit:lol).

2) I "hemmed" his pants (e.g. folded them under).

3) I pulled his head up a little. Almost so that it would fall off if he tipped over.

I think it is a big improvement!

I still need to fix his collar a bit and rig his ankles so they are not so wobbly, but I really like this figure! And I'm glad I scored an exclusive with the second chance offer! The tablet is really cool!:D

I am hoping I can convince my wife that this should be one of my birthday presents. Trevor really nailed Connery's likeness!

I'm glad you guys are enjoying Henry! Nice to see him getting the attention he deserves! And Maglor, great job futzing!

Thank you! I really am enjoying him!

I was looking at the box and I think I figured out what is still bugging me. We kind of talked about it before: It's the jacket length.

Here is a comparison of the figure and the image on the box:

P1060167.jpg

Look at the left arms.

The sleeve meets the bottom of the jacket on the box image, but the sleeve appears much longer (or rather, the bottom of the jacket is much shorter) on the actual figure. [Also it has one less button!]

I have yet to check the movie or screen caps to see what the actual jacket length was, but usually the sleeve on a suit coat should be several inches shorter than the bottom edge!

Thank you! I really am enjoying him!

I was looking at the box and I think I figured out what is still bugging me. We kind of talked about it before: It's the jacket length.

Here is a comparison of the figure and the image on the box:

P1060167.jpg

Look at the left arms.

The sleeve meets the bottom of the jacket on the box image, but the sleeve appears much longer (or rather, the bottom of the jacket is much shorter) on the actual figure. [Also it has one less button!]

I have yet to check the movie or screen caps to see what the actual jacket length was, but usually the sleeve on a suit coat should be several inches shorter than the bottom edge!

So the fact that the arm in the photo on the box is bent (pulling the case up) and the arm on your figure is straight with the case dangling has absolutely nothing to do with it then? :lol

So the fact that the arm in the photo on the box is bent (pulling the case up) and the arm on your figure is straight with the case dangling has absolutely nothing to do with it then? :lol

Point taken.

But seriously dude, that is not enough to account for the difference.

I gotta head to work right now, but when I have time I will take another pic to test your theory.

The bottom edge really is too short on the actual figure, I have no doubt.

Heck, ignore the arm and look at the difference in length between the bottom edge of the vest compared to the bottom edge of the coat.

Absolutely the coat is longer on the box pic!

Point taken.

But seriously dude, that is not enough to account for the difference.

I gotta head to work right now, but when I have time I will take another pic to test your theory.

The bottom edge really is too short on the actual figure, I have no doubt.

Seriously dude, it is. ;)

Have a gander at the product pics on Sideshow's website. Whether or not you think it's too short, it's the same coat that's in that pic. As for the vest, rotate the shoulders forward (you have them all the way back), to match the pose and you'll get the same result that's on the box. Looking at both figures (yours and box pic), the coat ends at the top of the leg and level with the groin on both.

Back