12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

Yeah that's the same head. What probably threw you off other than the hat is the change in lighting. It makes the expression look different.

Wow, I can see how you thought that was 2 different sculpts!

I had to go back and forth about 5 times to accept it was the same sculpt, but I agree that it is the lighting that fools the eye. The one wearing the hat seems so much more detailed in terms of wrinkles, but it you look at the other pic, all the same wrinkles are there, just not as noticeable.

I think you guys are right. I thought both were two different heads.:eek: Below as the prototype pics. The sculpt there is Awesome.

The thing you have to remember is that the original sculpt will always lose detail when it's cast. I'd imagine the original sculpt is cast in rubber, or something like that, then a resin mold from that cast, then a metal tooling is made of that cast. You probably lose 1-2% of the detail each time it's cast. So, once the plastic head is made from the metal tooling, you're at 90% of the detail from the original sculpt.

And there's probably 4-5 metal toolings made from the original cast, and those each have miniscule variations, so by the time it's all said and done, it's quite a feat that the sculpt retains as much detail as it does.

I love this freakin' umbrella. The dagger handle won't work for Jones, but it's a fantastic looking piece.
opa8ea.jpg

Where is that umbrella from?

And couldn't you get/make a handle for it?

Where is that umbrella from?

And couldn't you get/make a handle for it?

It's from DiD's T. Becker figure. Yeah I could, but the handle that comes with this umbrella is awesome. I don't think I want to mess with it unless I get another one for Jones. Now that I'm really looking at it I could make one that's not permanent. One that slides in and out.:idea
tasi36.jpg

Last edited:

That umbrella is awesome! You should totally be able to make a handle that can come on and off like the dagger.

Straight up!

Do it and post pics! :lecture

Last edited:

I want this guy so bad. Too bad I used up my last "wife credits" getting KotCS Indy, and I don't want to go negative on those. :lol

Heh, I like that. "Wife credits"! :lol

Don't mean to sound daft, but where is that umbrella from?

I love this freakin' umbrella. The dagger handle won't work for Jones, but it's a fantastic looking piece.
opa8ea.jpg

Great shot Jack. You beat me to the punch in getting a photo up! I have the same umbrella. I was also able to get an extra SS umbrella from TA, so I plan on cutting the curved handle part off to fit into the opening umbrella.

As for the dagger handle, might be able to re-purpose it for Vogel's baton/staff if you get around to that custom. That's my plan!

P.S., for all those asking, as Jack pointed out a few posts back - It's from DiD's T. Becker figure. There's several on Ebay right now:

https://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=did+umbrella

:duff

I've seen the umbrella at about $17. Don't know if that's too high, but it's a great umbrella. This thing folds just like a 1:1 umbrella.:google

Back