12" lotr line on hold

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most everyone who pre-ordered a GANDOLF early enough from SIDESHOW got an email about a month ago stating that Sideshow would be upgrading, for free, to a SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE Gandolf, which was and still is, sold-out.

The normal GANDOLF is still available and is still sold-out.

All GANDOLF figures were shipped out on Friday.

The announcement came on Thursday.

Since its been awhile since FRODO and SAM arrived, its the only logical conclusion, since GANDOLF is the latest figure and the announcement was made around that time, that GANDOLF is the reason for the supposed line being put on hold.

"The fax ma'am. Just the fax." - John McClane (Die Hard)

How do you know this if I may ask?

I think Indy was never planned to be a huge line... but I still think GI Joe has a good shot at some longevitity. So far the first two figures have sold well and look awesome! Also, the are ones that really play to Sideshow's strengths so I think fans will be happy.
I agree. Added longevity help: it's not really an event-based property like most movie tie-ins are, so it's less likely to suffer from flavor-of-the-month syndrome.

I imagine we'll see at least three more Sideshow Indy figures after Belloq, possibly more. I'm going to guess at least Toht, Short Round, Henry Sr. and maybe another version of Indy.

What's this "Gandolf" figure you talk about??...
:huh

"Gandolf", since he is the last figure made, is apparently the reason the line has fizzled and not the very expensive to produce new bodied Hobbits whose exclusives not only didn't sell out but also had to be reduced in price by Sideshow. :rolleyes:

"Gandolf", since he is the last figure made, is apparently the reason the line has fizzled and not the very expensive to produce new bodied Hobbits whose exclusives not only didn't sell out but also had to be reduced in price by Sideshow. :rolleyes:

Ahhh!! So there'll be another LOTR figure after GandAlf, then!!
:rotfl:rotfl
So is this GandOlf, EU or something??...
:duh

most everyone who pre-ordered a gandolf early enough from sideshow got an email about a month ago stating that sideshow would be upgrading, for free, to a sideshow exclusive gandolf, which was and still is, sold-out.

The normal gandolf is still available and is still sold-out.

All gandolf figures were shipped out on friday.

The announcement came on thursday.

Since its been awhile since frodo and sam arrived, its the only logical conclusion, since gandolf is the latest figure and the announcement was made around that time, that gandolf is the reason for the supposed line being put on hold.

"the fax ma'am. Just the fax." - john mcclane (die hard)

gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf
gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf gandalf

Does this mean, Dave, that you have it "from the horse's mouth" that the line is dead? I know your Sideshow contacts are better than mine.

Brant said in chat the line is "on hold". We heard the exact phraseology about the 12" Buffy/Angel line 2 years ago. I can extrapolate for "on hold" to mean that there are no 12" LotR on the schedule or in development at this time. Considering the schedule goes at least 2 years out - it doesn't bode well for LotR in 1/6.

Dave, you seem to know the process fairly well, so I have a question.

At what point does the Melamine get added?

I'm not sure what you mean, but all poisonous by-products are entered into the manufacturing process as soon as possible to insure maximum casualties.

i think he is gandAlf's evil twin from a parallel universe.

and he has a goatee.:lecture

Yeah, Gandolf is the mirror universe Gandalf wearing black robes. He'll be another of Sideshow's "fun" variants that we've all being screaming for like in The Dead line. :rolleyes:

After that will come Gandulf - tie dye robes, Gandelf - all green robes, and Gandilf - oddly, only wearing boxer shorts and a smile. :lol

Gandolf -

gandolf.jpg

Yeah, Gandolf is the mirror universe Gandalf wearing black robes. He'll be another of Sideshow's "fun" variants that we've all being screaming for like in The Dead line. :rolleyes:

After that will come Gandulf - tie dye robes, Gandelf - all green robes, and Gandilf - oddly, only wearing boxer shorts and a smile. :lol

When Wor-Gar gets his Gandalf, we may very well be seeing the Gandilf incarnation in one of these threads!

putting a line on hold that didnt have much momentum to begin with when it comes to multiple products in production doesn't look very good. I highly doubt that if you lose a lot of the fans' interest now that they'd come back 2 years from now to pick it up. bye bye LOTR 1/6.

putting a line on hold that didnt have much momentum to begin with when it comes to multiple products in production doesn't look very good. I highly doubt that if you lose a lot of the fans' interest now that they'd come back 2 years from now to pick it up. bye bye LOTR 1/6.

I have to agree. This line never had any momentum from the get go unfortunately.

Brant said in chat the line is "on hold". We heard the exact phraseology about the 12" Buffy/Angel line 2 years ago. I can extrapolate for "on hold" to mean that there are no 12" LotR on the schedule or in development at this time. Considering the schedule goes at least 2 years out - it doesn't bode well for LotR in 1/6.

Very true... at this point I think we are all on our own when it comes to getting other figures.

I think a few like Gimli, Merry, Pippin and a Wraith are doable. But getting into more complicated figures like Sauruman or Orcs probably won't happen.

I think Saruman is doable. Hasbro's fantastic Dooku sculpt would come in handy. The white robes should be on the easier side to fabricate as well.

Back