12" lotr line on hold

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's ALL fun. :lecture

Ti's true, this hobby would be very dull if we all had the same taste and collected the same things.
Everyone should enjoy their collections, be it 12",PF's,Dio's or a mixture of everything like me :D

Back on topic.
I'm still considering buying Gandalf, I don't collect 12" but the detail in GTG looks so outstanding and too good to pass up...decisions decisions
x :peace

Scot, if you consider yourself at all an LOTR fan you owe it to yourself to buy Gandalf. He is definitely the most astonishing representation of Gandalf in any medium.

Scot, if you consider yourself at all an LOTR fan you owe it to yourself to buy Gandalf. He is definitely the most astonishing representation of Gandalf in any medium.
LOTR is what got me into collecting, I got many SSW satues just never really been into the 12" line of anything really, but I guess he would go well with the Statues as they are 1/6 too I think.

I'm gonna have another look at the pics of him, tempt myself some more :D
x :peace

Quite right pixle, I have the PF Gandalf the White and the 12" Gandalf the grey (and the Did version:lol) and the new 12" is by far the best representation yet.

Real sad about this line being "on hold." I really wish they would just finish the Fellowship and appease all the people who were collecting this line. Gimili alone would make me happy. Kind of seems like a slap in the face to me without him.

I would/should just sell them all now, but they are pretty damn good figures. Guess I'll hope that "on hold" actually means that....:rolleyes:

Who knows, maybe they're just waiting what impact the recession will have on the collectibles market in general before committing to continuing a risky (and costly) line like LOTR.

Now that I have purchased a DiD Gimli to start a custom, I have no doubt Sideshow will announce a Gimli very soon.

Back