12" Inch Figure Dewback A New Hope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been saying it for some time now..but we are getting close to the point where SSC is going to hit a ceiling on pricing because they will not sell out of this..this will go gift card in a few months like the Emperor's throne. They should concentrate on price control instead of all this polystone. Hike up the production size to shave off some costs...and they could have done this like Jabba or a rubber/Latex exterior. I might consider paying those prices if this thing was fully articulate.

So not one single Sandtrooper came with binoculars or one of those little sentry droids? Sideshow must have a real hate-on for the special editions. :lol

Sandtroopers-hd.jpg

movie_sm.jpg

That Dewy is very cool, but way too over priced. Doesn't look like there is any articulation. Would have made a better PF since it won't move, but I'm guessing the price would be close to $1000. Oh well, maybe someday they'll be so hard to sell, I can get one for $100.

nooooo, it's too expensive
devil+and+angel+2.jpg
buy it you big wuss !!!!!!!

doh............:gah:

Anyone gonna use their points to buy down the cost of this thing?

Unless they really limited the edition size of this, it might end up being another Jabba all over again. It'll be available for years to come...

Looks like it, bit ____ hey. don't know about this but I really want it. Anyone have any idea how much I might be looking at for shipping this to Australia?

So not one single Sandtrooper came with binoculars or one of those little sentry droids? Sideshow must have a real hate-on for the special editions. :lol

Sandtroopers-hd.jpg

movie_sm.jpg

Well you will notice that the dewback itself is sculpted after the OT version and not the special edition CGI version....

I rest my case.....
:peace

Dewy.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful piece. Way too big and way, way too expensive for me.

Hopefully they won't be discouraged from making the 1/6 scale space slug with Millennium Falcon breath mint.

I should probably do some research and make some charts, but the rising prices in general seem to be the inevitable result of increases in production cost, most of which come from the rapid increases in the cost of Chinese and other East Asian labor (this is making the assumption that the Dewback is manufactured in China; I see no reason to believe otherwise).

I'll probably shop around to make sure I find a good deal, but it's likely I'll pick the Dewback up, since the scenes with them and the Sandtroopers are amongst my favorites from the original film, and this statue looks absolutely fantastic.

How much I'll keep up with further releases is going to heavily depend on how the economy bounces back, but I expect the trend in pricing to continue to go up.

At least this hobby has given me a strong interest in economics....

Sooooo...the sandtrooper deluxe is just that he comes with all the rifles?!?!? No "new" accessories except the prod stick? :huh

God forbid they release this version first, no they wait until most have bought all three previous and THEN release this one.

Who is going for this beast?
Will it be a sell-out?
Do I need to be on when this goes up?

I am still keen for it Avfin and wil most likely grab this with the Sandtrooper. I am concerned about the shipping cost thou and it will depend when it's coming out if it's this year I might have to give it a miss as I already have a lot of stuff pre-ordered. By the sound of it most poeple are not getting it so I don't think you will need to rush to pre-order.

I think a dewback is awesome and it's great peice of OT love but I won't be buying it. No space and just too dear.

If Dewback is indeed made of Polystone, then good chance the base is undetachable. I can't see Dewback balancing on 3 legs considering the heaviness.

PsztR.png

oh man this thing is beautiful. i wish i could pass this up but i cant unsee what i've seen.

i'm definitely going to shop around for a better price to see if i can find it for less but this is going to be mine regardless.

has there been any hints at an ES?

Dewback aka sideshow : Me, expensive? Ha..ha..ha.... cant you see Im smiling .....

Back