12" Giles and PF Spike coming too!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine ordered. Cool accessories, but I'm surprised he didn't come with some kind of research book.

So let's see, I now have Lorne, Giles, Jabba and Jabba's throne all coming in the 1st qtr. Yikes!

First, let me state that we all have waited a long and nail chewing wait for these new characters. We are all pleased that they have finally arrived!

NOW, that being said (of course I pre-ordered both Lorne and Giles immediately!) there are a few small bones to pick. I've read everybody else's comments, and both agree and disagree with them.

LORNE: sculpt is great! Looks terriffic! HATE the washed out yellow suit! Come on! With all the extremely colorful outfits he wore on the show?
And what do we get? Pea-water yellow? Why not Purple, silver or gold Lame, a little GLITZ, please!

GILES: sculpt is very good, but I have to agree with the critics,..there is some little spark missing. Suit is OK......but I'd lots rather see him in brown tweed with leather elbow patches and a sweater vest with tie tucked in.
(That "Campus" look.)

Okay, now everybody can argue with me.

Buffanatic said:
First, let me state that we all have waited a long and nail chewing wait for these new characters. We are all pleased that they have finally arrived!

NOW, that being said (of course I pre-ordered both Lorne and Giles immediately!) there are a few small bones to pick. I've read everybody else's comments, and both agree and disagree with them.

LORNE: sculpt is great! Looks terriffic! HATE the washed out yellow suit! Come on! With all the extremely colorful outfits he wore on the show?
And what do we get? Pea-water yellow? Why not Purple, silver or gold Lame, a little GLITZ, please!

GILES: sculpt is very good, but I have to agree with the critics,..there is some little spark missing. Suit is OK......but I'd lots rather see him in brown tweed with leather elbow patches and a sweater vest with tie tucked in.
(That "Campus" look.)

Okay, now everybody can argue with me.

I don't mind the yellow suit for Lorne but agree something more colorful would have been more Lorne like! I would have preferred a smiling Lorne too! But, the sculpt is great regardless so I'm pleased.

I initially thought the Giles sculpt was just good, not bad, but good. But then I watched the 360 turn-around thingy and he looks fantastic! Much better looking than the preview picture and con pictures show him. I also don't mind his suit but I do like the idea of the jacket with the elbow patches and a sweater vest!

Wouldn't it be cool if Sideshow eventually offered up additional outfits for these figures? How many people who passed on PG Buffy because of the exposed limbs would buy her up if she had an outfit to cover those joints! Plus it would be fun to be able to change their outfits once in awhile. Oh jeez, I think I'm turning back into a kid!!:rotfl

Firefly Flanatic said:
Wouldn't it be cool if Sideshow eventually offered up additional outfits for these figures? How many people who passed on PG Buffy because of the exposed limbs would buy her up if she had an outfit to cover those joints! Plus it would be fun to be able to change their outfits once in awhile. Oh jeez, I think I'm turning back into a kid!!:rotfl
I would be ecstatic if they did Lorne's leather coat and gun from Not Fade Away as an accessory pack like they do with Star Wars. It would fit his serious expression perfectly.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I would be ecstatic if they did Lorne's leather coat and gun from Not Fade Away as an accessory pack like they do with Star Wars. It would fit his serious expression perfectly.

That would make an excellent accessory pack!! Sideshow - we want to spend even more money!! Please start making accessory packs to go with our figures!:lol

Accessory packs are a whomping great idea! Let's hear it for accessory packs!!!!!!! (Either that, or I'm going to have to take up knitting with toothpicks, and hire some very tiny chinese tailors!!!):lol

I love that accessory pack idea. What would be even better is if they make the Lindsey McDonald to go with it! Lorne needs someone to shoot, and who better than a villain that's been in Angel since season 1!
Plus his character is Texan:cool:
So yeah, I would like a 1/6 scale Lindsey to come out someday.

I was looking at the toyfair pics of PF Buffy, and the reason for the 'unibob' is only the result of a different paintjob. The new paint apps seems to just be 'one tone' where as the other one wasnt and also had an air-brushed looking line to distinguish the two. Same with the hair, there were more colours to distinguish more of the detail.

Also the dress is exactly the same as before. It apears shiny in some pics due to flash, with flash it looks exactly as it did before.

If anything with the uniboob and skin, sideshow needs to change the new pink shiny-ish skin colour to the older more natural looking 2 tone type.

The PA before hand are much superior. Keep the beauty! Keep the attention to detail!

BDboystoys said:
I was looking at the toyfair pics of PF Buffy, and the reason for the 'unibob' is only the result of a different paintjob. The new paint apps seems to just be 'one tone' where as the other one wasnt and also had an air-brushed looking line to distinguish the two. Same with the hair, there were more colours to distinguish more of the detail.

Also the dress is exactly the same as before. It apears shiny in some pics due to flash, with flash it looks exactly as it did before.

If anything with the uniboob and skin, sideshow needs to change the new pink shiny-ish skin colour to the older more natural looking 2 tone type.

The PA before hand are much superior. Keep the beauty! Keep the attention to detail!

That's a good observation. The shading detail on the previous prototype may have made the cleavage look deeper and more natural... I hadn't thought about that, but that could be key.

SergeiEsenin said:
That's a good observation. The shading detail on the previous prototype may have made the cleavage look deeper and more natural... I hadn't thought about that, but that could be key.

Look at the boob-shot in this thread, you can definatly see that its shaded, the new version clearly don't have that shade.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10071

I've got to admit I cancelled mine (twice....I ordered the exclusive, cancelled it, had a change of heart and ordered the non exclusive, then cancelled that!)
I just didn't like the stand and decided to stick with the 12" line.
Seeing the Sdcc version, I'm glad I did!

Back