12" Colonel Dovchenko by Hasbro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this figure and love it, the Headsculpt is excellent, (THE CAP IS NOT ATTACHED) as is the uniform. The boots are an improvment for Hasbro but still not great.
I've changed out the Boots for leather ones, Changed the Sam Browne for Leather, new holster and 1:6 Tokarev.
I'm going to start work soon on a Custom version of this figure. Enlarging the Headsculpt. and tweaking the uniform for extra realism. The whole thing based on a Truetype figure.
He's a tadge small for my liking. More Medicom scale than Sideshow. So he'll look good as is next to the Medicom figures, but Igor is a BIG guy, so he'll look a little diminutive next to a true 1:6 custom or the new Sideshow figure, when it eventually materialises!
Hence my need for a custom.
I'll post pics when he's finished but first I'll have to wait for my next batch of Truetypes which I've been told wont be here till December.

We need pics! :D

Still not found the swordsman? The stores here are full of them. I'm having problems finding Dovchenko.

Nope, never got the 12" swordsman either. I'll bet they'll be on clearance for Xmas so I'll pick one up then for $4.99.

Nervecenter: please post some pics of whatever you got! No one here has seen this figure in-hand yet.

I'm hoping they do go on clearance (hard to imagine that they wouldn't). I'd buy the rest of the 12"ers. Right now I only have Indy. I bought him to tide me over until the Sideshow one arrived, but I didn't think it would be nearly this long.

Found one at wallyworld. Also had young indy,sr. and indy.

....a needle pulling thread.

Anyway....hope that last Hasbro 12" wave makes it out to retail. Want to see the Dovchenko and I am curious how the sixth scale Crystal Skull accessory that comes with the leather jacket Mutt looks...

In the prototype pics it looks a little 'rough & cloudy' (skull). If you want a really good skull, get the gentle giant crate. I did and it was worth every penny.

Back