12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batty said:
The lips don't bother me. I think it's because of the beard that they look more pronounce. At least he isn't wearing lipstick.

I hope you're right bro, just don't see much shape to them here... and no, I'm not going there. :lol

100506aragornfigure2lgjo62.jpg

And nice review Dave, much appreciated, very well done, man.

Last edited:
pjam said:
What's up with the lips? They look platypus-y... or is that just me? The hair is different than the proto, not much detail at all, eyebrows seem okay but still raised higher than the proto or display, hard to tell how different the prod HS is from the proto/display... but he never had hair hanging directly over his left eye as I recall, it was always to the side of his face... :confused:

The outfit looks superb as do the accessories but... those lips are starting to bug me if they look like that, anyone else seeing that?

That's the first thing I noticed. :monkey1

That Headsculpt gets worse with every picture posted. Paint apps are truly terrible.

Lip gloss and eye shadow, what next?

Probably casting. But then again, people were complaining about no detail in Kenobi's hair (paint, but still) and that was wrong. I think his eyes seem to buldge out, yet it's the same sculpt. Maybe the paint is to clean? It's hard to make a good judgement by just pictures.

There is no lip gloss or eye shadow - the heaviness of the beard paint accentuates some of the other features.

I have this figure on order, so I'll leave off of final judgement until it arrives, but so far he gets funnier looking with every photo posted.

Ya think hes got High heels and a slinky nighty hidden under those clothes?

He looks much better in Daves pics. No wonder he was giving us so much greif over bashing the figure :lol The only thing that bugs me now is that the beard is too thick. I don't know how they could have overlooked that. If Toybiz can do it right, then Sideshow has no excuse but to do it right as well.

The exclusive items look very nice. I'm highly looking forward to him now!

not the best looking Aragorn but looks better than the SS/weta statue. just my opinion.

Dave, are reviews like this going to happen more often? It's nice to see something like this right before a figure comes out.

Batty said:
Dave, are reviews like this going to happen more often? It's nice to see something like this right before a figure comes out.

Wanna put in a word for me Dave? I'll do a figure review if it means I can get it early or free. :monkey3

Buttmunch said:
He looks much better in Daves pics. The only thing that bugs me now is that the beard is too thick.

100506aragornfigure2lgjo63.jpg

9206_press02-001.jpg

Yeah, beard is painted too dark and thick...

I wonder if something happened in the hair piece molding process, meaning maybe the mold got messed up and they had to recast it or something because it is different than the proto piece...

There was simply no way the factory was going to do justice to such an intricately beautiful sculpt of a man with an enigmatic and quietly expressive face, sporting long hair and stubble, two features that are nearly impossible to get right in of themselves.

It's not a factory mistake. It's a factory limitation. Simply, the only way you're going to get THAT kind of quality, is if you paint him yourself. Or have someone do it for you. :D

As it is, it's a wonderful figure. Well beyond what most companies can handle. I'm really excited to get my first of MANY LOTR figures.

Just read your review Dave and I echo many people's comments already...very nicely done and said! And your pictures are oh so nice I can't wait to have this figure in hand (hopefully) next week. :chew

Customikey said:
There was simply no way the factory was going to do justice to such an intricately beautiful sculpt of a man with an enigmatic and quietly expressive face, sporting long hair and stubble, two features that are nearly impossible to get right in of themselves.

It's not a factory mistake. It's a factory limitation. Simply, the only way you're going to get THAT kind of quality, is if you paint him yourself. Or have someone do it for you. :D

As it is, it's a wonderful figure. Well beyond what most companies can handle. I'm really excited to get my first of MANY LOTR figures.

I think the head sculpt is fine, it's close enough. :D Yes, it's not easy to paint beard stubble but I part with you on the hair piece (get it? part on the hair :lol ), something definitely happened in the molding process, it's not like SSC doesn't put out detailed hair sculpts, they do it consistently but here it just seems like it was cast from a fifth generation recasted mold or something, detail is lost and it doesn't hang like the proto cast or sculpt...

We might just be able to move that strand away from the left eye with an easy fix, I just want to be able to look at my guy without both eyes obscured.

The "hair piece" does look a bit... well, like mud. Maybe the paint's too thick. Maybe the light is drowning out the texture. But as far as the face goes, I think the way the light is casting harsh shadows may be affecting how we see the face. The shadows also encircle the eye, which makes it pop out more. You can see in the proto pic that they softened the shadows caused by the hair.

Has anyone asked this yet: is Aragorn's cloak that dark in the movie? I got used to the green one they showed in the proto pix.

CAhobbit said:
See link:https://www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib/html/episodes/images/fotr/fotr0490.htm

Seems pretty dark to me...the green, green one didn't really match IMO.

Thanks CA, was wondering about that too, looks like SSC nailed the cloak. :D

Wor-Gar, yeah, I really don't know what's up with the hair piece but the face looks good to me too. The outfit detail and accessories are excellent, not concerned about the duster either, easy fix...

Back