12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think someone accidentally gave the guys in China the wrong reference pictures. They must have been using the pictures of Viggo's stand in (as seen in the behind the scenes videos). :D

Fritz said:
I think someone accidentally gave the guys in China the wrong reference pictures. They must have been using the pictures of Viggo's stand in (as seen in the behind the scenes videos). :D

The guy with the melted tootsie roll on his head?! :lol :confused:

Looks like a production piece to me. Overall it looks like a very nice piece. The detail is awesome it looks like which is great. I'm still very excited by this piece and how it came out. Like the 12" SW line I'm going to be shooting to get them all. I have no problems with the price and what we're getting. Honestly, I think we are getting a damn good deal on an awesome figure.

I'm sure paint aps vary from figure to figure, but I did note in the review that the eyebrows weren't as heavily painted as on recent figures. The eyebrows in the Toydaily pics don't really look like the ones on mine.

Darklord Dave said:
I'm sure paint aps vary from figure to figure, but I did note in the review that the eyebrows weren't as heavily painted as on recent figures. The eyebrows in the Toydaily pics don't really look like the ones on mine.

Its the grey, your pics didn't show any signs of that; I am hoping for the latter. :eek:

The beard and hair looks better to me there, but the intensity in the eyes is definitely gone. It's shame too, I always considered that the biggest strength of the sculpt on the prototype.

The problem with all of those layers of clothes at this scale is that it starts to look way too bulky and chunky. He reminds me of the guy in the video on YouTube that puts on 155 t-shirts.

TheObsoleteMan said:
The beard and hair looks better to me there, but the intensity in the eyes is definitely gone. It's shame too, I always considered that the biggest strength of the sculpt on the prototype.

I agree 100%!

The eyes were the best thing the sculpt had going for it, now it's gone...

:emperor

Oh no.... thats the first LOTR 12" SS has released and its not very positive....SS better be reading this... :confused:

gtb said:
Oh no.... thats the first LOTR 12" SS has released and its not very positive....SS better be reading this... :confused:

I doubt they're too worried, seeing as none of US actually have the figure yet. And I'll bet it "looks much better in person."

I'm actually very happy with it overall. The paint apps. look very clean in these latest pics. The paint on the face dosen't appear to be too thick, and the beard and hair look much better. My only real disappintment is the loss of intensity in the eyes. And as Customikey said, it should look even better in person, they almost always do. Very much looking forward to this one.

Wor-Gar said:
I hope I can get my Aragorn to look like this...

sdccaragorngc7.jpg

Im expecting the same things man *praying*

Back