12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
I don't think he meant the face was better on the rotocast, that would be crazy.

I don't have the time, but it would interesting to see all the representations of Aragorn that have been sculpted side by side - except for GG's new bust, I don't think any will be as good as the one on this 12" figure.

Hot toys Viggo head from it's Halo jumper is a much better Viggo likeness than Sideshow's. Here's one unpainted. It looks just like Viggo from G.I. Jane.

3yd2s90.jpg

That's a great likeness of Viggo.
I never thought SST's Aragorn was very accurate in the likeness department (I was probably in the minority), and I know the abysmal changes SST's products undergo from proto to production, so I'm not terribly disappointed.
It's still a very cool figure and by now I think I already know what to expect when I order their stuff.
The easiest fix is the coat. As somebody mentioned, just drag it around in the mud, let it settle a bit and then wash it, it'll get the used look in no time.

I'd use a light grade sand-paper instead of 'dragging through mud'. Scuff up the edges of the coat, a few spots across the shoulders and it should look great.

Darklord Dave said:
I don't think he meant the face was better on the rotocast, that would be crazy.

I don't have the time, but it would interesting to see all the representations of Aragorn that have been sculpted side by side - except for GG's new bust, I don't think any will be as good as the one on this 12" figure.

Dave, who are you kidding? The Cinnemaquette sculpt rules above all. And for how cheap it is, it's a steal.:D

Mine should ship in about a week which will put him here in about two weeks. The sculpt is not perfect but it is pretty damn good and the outfit is just incredible. Can't wait to get this line started. Now when's Legolas shipping :monkey5

Very Nice!!! The review shows off a lot of the detail on this figure, and I am more and more excited to see what he looks like in person!

That third pic is incredible and exactly why I wanted the exclusive version of him.

Cool, I didn't realize that was Dave's review. I really like the cloak... I hadn't realized how large it is and I think the extra layer really adds to the figure... and covers up the newness of the coat.

Looks good!

Very good review, Dave. I guess you can put to rest the Chicken Little about the sculpt. The more pics I see, the more I'm liking really liking the production piece.

im just starting to feel like the final products of sideshow are getting border line sloppy, when you look at the prototypes, and thats ben the case latley, weird paints etc. the final products used to not have those problems and if they did they werent at a constant

What's up with the lips? They look platypus-y... or is that just me? The hair is different than the proto, not much detail at all, eyebrows seem okay but still raised higher than the proto or display, hard to tell how different the prod HS is from the proto/display... but he never had hair hanging directly over his left eye as I recall, it was always to the side of his face... :confused:

The outfit looks superb as do the accessories but... those lips are starting to bug me if they look like that, anyone else seeing that?

pjam said:
The outfit looks superb as do the accessories but... those lips are starting to bug me if they look like that, anyone else seeing that?
The lips don't bother me. I think it's because of the beard that they look more pronounce. At least he isn't wearing lipstick.

Back