1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

My 1\12 should be here tomorrow. I ordered 2 of them but tracking shows 1 piece. Hopefully two in on box.

Just got mine today (by some miracle...not a fan of DHL). It looks great. I wonder if a lower price point would have been more appropriate considering the lack of accessories. I know the engineering is going to be top-notch however, so that's probably where the money goes. All things considered. No regrets. Really glad I put in an extra order from Ami2 before the sold out.

Just got mine today (by some miracle...not a fan of DHL). It looks great. I wonder if a lower price point would have been more appropriate considering the lack of accessories. I know the engineering is going to be top-notch however, so that's probably where the money goes. All things considered. No regrets. Really glad I put in an extra order from Ami2 before the sold out.

If you hadn't, they will have them back on sale before too long anyway.
It's just a waiting game till they come back on sale again.

The 1\12 guy is here. He is harder to balance than his 1\6 cousin. The toes are more loose.

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

Nice pictures hardreturn. These 1\12 are being sold out everywhere now too. BBTS has it for $84.99 and still its sold out.

Love it! Your pics really draw attention to the proportions of the 1/12 figure as well. It looks bulkier around the shoulders than the 1/6, which is a nice change

A couple of quick and dirty WIP shots of the recolouring I'm doing to my guy - so far I've only laid down the block colours, but I need to wait for this cold snap to go away so I can matte everything down with sealant/fix the base paint properly before doing the weathering/detail work. Still it shows why I was so unsatisfied with this guy - he's barely halfway done, and already the finish is comparable to the factory one. The original grey/green look just feels unfinished somehow.

32521745080_bd44ec071b_c.jpg

32777930911_7bd48a9c0c_c.jpg

Nice pictures hardreturn. These 1\12 are being sold out everywhere now too. BBTS has it for $84.99 and still its sold out.

thanks so much. hopefully they'll do another run.

02%2016%20fuel%2001.jpg

Has anyone from the UK had their 1/12 yet? I've had a customs letter - £27.24!! Absolutely ridiculous. The figure only costs £53.

Has anyone from the UK had their 1/12 yet? I've had a customs letter - £27.24!! Absolutely ridiculous. The figure only costs £53.

Your import charge will be 20% of the taxable value plus an £18 "service charge".
I reckon your actual fee is less than £9. The rest is fluff with them charging you for them having to take the time to charge you £9...

Your import charge will be 20% of the taxable value plus an £18 "service charge".
I reckon your actual fee is less than £9. The rest is fluff with them charging you for them having to take the time to charge you £9...

Nope. That's not what the breakdown was. It was around £13.50 VAT (which must be wrong) and £13.50 admin/handling charge. I was just curious if anyone else in the UK had the same breakdown.

Nope. That's not what the breakdown was. It was around £13.50 VAT (which must be wrong) and £13.50 admin/handling charge. I was just curious if anyone else in the UK had the same breakdown.

never had issues when they shipped their stuffs from China factory, they always mark as gift & put lower value.

i guess you're not allowed to do it in Japan, or they had issues with insurance claims.

never had issues when they shipped their stuffs from China factory, they always mark as gift & put lower value.

i guess you're not allowed to do it in Japan, or they had issues with insurance claims.

Me too. I got the original issue, the black CaRB one and the recent three 1/6th scale ones straight through the post with zero charges.
And i think they shipped from China if i recall correctly.

I had two of the recent 1/6 figures and they charged me £5 less customs/import charge for those combined than they did for this 1/12 on its own. I think they make it up as they go along.

Back