1-6th Snowspeeder project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea i love mdf as well. i like how it cuts really smooth and easy to turn in a jig saw. and of corse once you throw primer/paint on it its just about as good as anything else except maybe a tad heavier. just dont go dunking it in the pond........:lol

At the moment one will be Lukes grey one and the other will be orange.. So loving the shape but I have been sent to the shed as the kitchen is just to small :(

By "shed" what you really mean, is of course "hangar." :lol

You'll have to do an AT AT walkers foot to go with Lukes speeder. You know that, right!

Foot? Why just the foot?

Dorgs, if Bobamike can make an AT-ST, I know you can make an AT-AT!

By my calculations, my 3 3/4" scale AT-AT is 47cm tall....

We need a 12" scale one, and since 12 divided by 3.75 = 3.2, the 12" scale one must be about 3.2 times as large as the 3 3/4" one...

so, 47cm x 3.2 comes out to about 150 cm, which is about 5 feet tall.

See, it should be easy for you Dorgs. :lol

Thats just......damn it. Now I want to build one too. Freakin amazing! How much of it do you plan to do in MDF or is it going to be like the X-Wing when you "skin" it in plasticard?

Only 5 Feet? Is it me or does that sound really out of scale for some reason?

Great work mate. I love MDF as you can build pretty much everything out of it.
Dorgs what is the flight suit that your pilot has on??
Keep up the good work mate
Ian

Ahh the Old AT_AT yes well I am afraid yours would be a baby AT AT DP... :horror . The AT AT is 20 meters high which when scaled down comes out at 10' 11" now thats a big baby!!! and for the metric chums thats 3.33meters!! How cool would that be?

As for the skin of the speeders yeap they will be like the x-wing covered in lots of little plasticard panels. Although Dennis (My inspiration for this project) has put me on to plexiglass which is an acrylic and it would have been cool to make the entire thing out of that, hey maybe the next one eh.

I am gonna beg Dennis to show us some more of his stuff, it is insane and mind blowing!!!!! Fingers crossed

Hi Dorgs thanks I'm glad you liked it. I have a Nar Shadda bar in the works and just collecting all the pieces needed to get it started. Look forward to showing some pics as i now have some time after building a deck at my house. Dam 1/1 building gets in the way :gah::rotfl

Hi All

Dorgmal Snow - Mark no matter what materials you use on any project we all know it's going to be exceptional, and what I would give to paint one of those speeders up as we dicussed before. I'll have to go out and get my hands on one of the Hasbro ones just to feel the void.:lol

Hewer - Come on Ian get your ass into gear and start building more stuff and stop letting your wife :slap you about:lol.

Ron

Mark, all I can say is, your nuts, don't ever change. :lol

BTW, where did the probe droid come from?
Gboy - the Probe Droid in the picture is an old 1/6 scale resin model kit from a company called SMT... pretty sure that they no longer making this... not sure if the company is even around any more.
-
Dennis

Thats what I thought it was, it was also a pretty pricey kit when it came out if I remember, and is pretty rare. It was about $80 and they only made about 100 or so kits when it came out it seems. I have been wanting to get one for years, but have only come across a few for sale, and they were already built and very expensive.

Here is some info on it. https://www.starwarsmodels.com/probot.html

How different will they be from each other? Are you doing grey and orange markings? One of the speeders had a side panel removed and lots of orange framework and mechanics visible. That would be pretty cool to do on one.

Doing a few removable panels would be cool.

I love The Empire Strikes Back, but there was always something about the Hoth battle that bugged me:

When Luke realizes the AT-AT armour is too thick for the blaster cannons he suggests using the harpoons and tow cables. It seems to be an improved attack that he comes up with on the spot. :lecture

If so, then what was the normal function of the harpoons prior to that battle? Under what other circumstances would you suddenly anchor a high speed flying craft to a stationary object on the ground?

Thats always bugged me a bit to, just like how the storm trooper Luke steals the armor from in ANH is the only one with a grappling hook on the belt, which seems pretty useless to carry around while stationed on the Deathstar.

You know how Ben says to Han in ANH, that in his experience there is no such thing as luck. I think its to bad he didn't stick around long enough to see how wrong he was. :lol

Great start Dorgs. The snowspeeders are one of my top three fav Star Wars ships, right behind the Falcon and X-wing. You're off to a great start.

I love The Empire Strikes Back, but there was always something about the Hoth battle that bugged me:

When Luke realizes the AT-AT armour is too thick for the blaster cannons he suggests using the harpoons and tow cables. It seems to be an improved attack that he comes up with on the spot. :lecture

If so, then what was the normal function of the harpoons prior to that battle? Under what other circumstances would you suddenly anchor a high speed flying craft to a stationary object on the ground?

Now I'm sure I read somewhere that they explained away the harpoon by saying it was used for towing cargo ?! :cuckoo:

Now I'm sure I read somewhere that they explained away the harpoon by saying it was used for towing cargo ?! :cuckoo:

Good old George is full excuses and explanations for stuff like that. :lol

Well if that is the case, mabee they got the idea from Fed EX, since every time I get a package from them, it seems like they dragged it behind the delivery truck. :gah:

Back