1/6th Scale TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I still won't concede to the Medi sculpt being better... there is no doubt that fully assembled that is the best Yoda I've ever seen in 1/6.

Beautifully done figure :duff :clap

What I'm going to do once I get my SS Yoda in hand is resculpt the top of his head to be less.. High I think, It's too pointy. And the paint job doesnt do it justice IMO.

Still think Medi´s sculpt is better out of the box tho.

Thanks, guys :1-1:

The pictures aren't about trying to prove any kind of point as much as just sharing the Yoda love...in the wrong thread, I'm now realizing. :lol

While I still won't concede to the Medi sculpt being better... there is no doubt that fully assembled that is the best Yoda I've ever seen in 1/6.

Beautifully done figure :duff :clap
I feel the same way. The Medi sculpt is not my favourite but Nathan's paint work is amazing (think the latest in-hand pics really capture it) and the weathering on robes seals the deal (also agreed on the hair - looks great). Still thinking about my SSC Yoda plan...

Edit: Haha, MarfMaster, sorry. Definitely feeling the Yoda love. He looks fantastic in your pics. The paint and weathering has elevated it so much I had to do a double-take to confirm it was the Medi. Certain things about the sculpt no longer bug me on your modified Yoda. :duff

Thanks, guys :1-1:

The pictures aren't about trying to prove any kind of point as much as just sharing the Yoda love...in the wrong thread, I'm now realizing. :lol

BTW... what does your name mean (if anything). I'm curious if what you are in fact master of :huh

Way to be passive-aggressive Marf :lol

:monkey3:monkey1

I feel the same way. The Medi sculpt is not my favourite but Nathan's paint work is amazing (think the latest in-hand pics really capture it) and the weathering on robes seals the deal (also agreed on the hair - looks great). Still thinking about my SSC Yoda plan...

Do it, we would all love to see it!

BTW... what does your name mean (if anything). I'm curious if what you are in fact master of :huh

Well, long story short...I used to be a really fast eater, and in high school my friend came up with the word "Marf" to describe the way I ate.

Marf
Verb: To rapidly consume large quantities of food.

This was around the time I started becoming active online, so "MarfMaster" was born. :lol

MarfMaster;4847247Well said:
Marf
Verb: To rapidly consume large quantities of food.[/B]

This was around the time I started becoming active online, so "MarfMaster" was born. :lol

that's what we called scarf-ing...........though scarfmaster doesn't sound nearly as intriguing or masculine as marfmaster.........:wink1:

I have no idea how to paint 'organic' things but one day my medicom yoda will be like this lol.. its what I imagine when I look at him anyway (I find the ssc too chirpy and perhaps a tad prequalish in it's fitter stature :nana:)

Here are a few in-hand pics of Medi Yoda with Nathan's paint (I weathered his robes). :)

_MG_6056.jpg

One Next to Old Ben

_MG_6074.jpg

Wow... impressive. The best thing about the Medi Yoda is hes perfectly sized. It really captures the Yoda presence. Of course this one goes above and beyond... :clap

To this day I still punch myself in the nuts over not pulling this trigger on the Old Ben figure. It was at discount too :(
Still one of sideshows best sculpts period.

Congrats man. The Yoda Hut looks like a really cool set. I bet it would be really cool if you decorated it all up and put a Santa Yoda with it during Christmas.

I'm in the market to pick up a Hutt set in the near future, actually.

I would need a Santa Yoda, but I think there's a good chance that there will be Christmas decorations on Dagobah this year any way.

I might just make him a Santa hat. :cool:

How much are the Hutt sets these days? That is my one real heartbreak in this line. I haven't given up yet, but I may have to at some point. Dagobah, however, was not something I was willing to leave up to fate.

I saw one for $350 with the throne in the for sale section, which seemed like a pretty great deal. Unfortunately, I should hold of a bit since my semester just started and I should probably pay for some more important things first.

I'm realy thinking of possibly getting a 2nd dagobah to have both halfs displayed...The new hot toys luke is making me think with 2 dagobahs would be amazing togethor with luke training in front and 2nd scene in the hutt....I mean dagobah is a bargain for what you get for the price........The only downside of dagobah is the size of the box that eats up your closet space......If still available when get my taxes may have to order another.......

I'm realy thinking of possibly getting a 2nd dagobah to have both halfs displayed...The new hot toys luke is making me think with 2 dagobahs would be amazing togethor with luke training in front and 2nd scene in the hutt....I mean dagobah is a bargain for what you get for the price........The only downside of dagobah is the size of the box that eats up your closet space......If still available when get my taxes may have to order another.......

Could you save yourself the cash and buy a turntable instead? This always struck me as a piece you really need to display on a spinning table.

Back