1/6th Scale TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to be noticed, barry. :lol I think it was all lower case at one point... My screen name started out as daflosi1, then I just went with flosi, then FLOSI... you know, because my pee pee is tiny and pathetic. :dunno

NO.......I DO NOT KNOW !!!!!!! & DIDN'T NEED TO KNOW.........:ignore::ignore::ignore::ignore:

I need some advice people. Please. :)

Anyone of you own both the Medi and Sideshow Yoda? Because to me in pictures the Medi really get's that OT féél Yoda has, but looks more like ET. Whereas SS to me looks like Yoda, but if he had been a hippy.

Which is the better one of the shelve? Repaint wise which do you guys think has the most potential?

I've owned both and I much, much prefer the Sideshow version. I think that first off you have a lot more options with the Sideshow version with the highly articulated body and swappable hands. Not to mention all of the accessories. Also; I think the serene looks works quite well... probably the downside is the face is a bit too full/ idealized.

The Medicom is not very poseable and honestly has a very poor likeness. He seems emaciated and even when Yoda was about to die he still looked healthier.

I got in trouble for posting a comparison of a a repainted Medi because I was accused cheating because the repaint was bad :lol It is a bit dark, but that doesn't change the fact that the sculpt is just all wrong. But this is the side by side of the Stock Sideshow Yoda and a repainted Medicom Yoda done by Darkartist81:

ad.jpg

And here's the picture of the Sideshow Yoda with just a bit of weathering to the clothing, which I think makes him look quite a bit better:
ccn-3.jpg

Yeah, wasn't a fan of SSC Yoda in the pics, but it was one of "those" figs - better in hand. It just exudes Yoda in-hand, even though the likeness is too human-face-like in proportion.

It's probably my favorite SSC fig.

I love the Medi. I think it actually looks like Yoda. It needs some hair but the sculpt looks like he did in Empire IMO. I think the SS version is good in every respect except the sculpt which I think is very poor.

Each to their own I guess!

I love the Medi. I think it actually looks like Yoda. It needs some hair but the sculpt looks like he did in Empire IMO. I think the SS version is good in every respect except the sculpt which I think is very poor.

Each to their own I guess!

Not a huge fan of the sculpt either, but I think "very poor" is a bit harsh. I see this a solid sculpt that could use some tweaking around the Jay Leno chin.

I think part of the problem is also the color. With a mess-up on Boba's green, obviously someone at the SSC factory has a color blindness issue in the green spectrum.

I like the Medi one a lot, but it looks like RMcQ concept art Yoda, not the screen character.

yodas.png

^^Nice comparison

Color makes a difference and honestly if Sideshow's face was just a little thinner I think it would be perfect.

I've always preferred the Medi sculpt to SSC's although it's not without its flaws. :lecture

GB, SilentSurfer is actually repainting my Medi Yoda (head and hands) as we speak, as well as adding hair. I'm really anxious to see it, and eager to see if it can change your opinion of the sculpt! :)

I dont know guys, I think the Medi captures the ESB Yoda pretty well. It's not perfect, but when I look at the SS version I'm just reminded that there were better 3/3/4 inch Hasbro sculpts. The proportions are all wrong, and I don't know to me at least it looks very toyish. I don't see Yoda there at all. The Medi has a bit of mystery to it.

Just my opinion on it, I stumbled on these customised pics of the Medi yoda a while back and I think they show just how good the Medi head is?

I have meaning to give this a go for a while myself..

ubchongik_20100713015956_12985346_3-1.jpg
ubchongik_20100713015956_12985346_7.jpg

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJkvyj_MPAc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

The best 1/6th Yoda I have seen.
:dunno

Last edited:
I dont know guys, I think the Medi captures the ESB Yoda pretty well. It's not perfect, but when I look at the SS version I'm just reminded that there were better 3/3/4 inch Hasbro sculpts. The proportions are all wrong, and I don't know to me at least it looks very toyish. I don't see Yoda there at all. The Medi has a bit of mystery to it.

Just my opinion on it, I stumbled on these customised pics of the Medi yoda a while back and I think they show just how good the Medi head is?

ubchongik_20100713015956_12985346_7.jpg

Nice repaint. First pic it looks awesome, second pic is off by quite a bit. Better from the lower angle. Def better sculpt than SSC, but the overall shape of the head is off - maybe eyes too big also. They nailed the lower part of the face/jaw though, which is where the SSC heads off into Leno land.

I've always preferred the Medi sculpt to SSC's although it's not without its flaws. :lecture

GB, SilentSurfer is actually repainting my Medi Yoda (head and hands) as we speak, as well as adding hair. I'm really anxious to see it, and eager to see if it can change your opinion of the sculpt! :)

Definitely interested to see that... at the very least he will squeeze every ounce out of the piece to make it look like Yoda :lecture

But, just out of the box I think Sideshow wins on price and product by a country mile. Too bad you (or someone else) didn't also send him a Sideshow one to see what both looked like completely decked out :lol

That is very impressive... but again, fully customized versus what you start out with are two different things. And even with that amazing paint and hair work some angles (the 2nd one I didn't repost) he's just got too much of a ET or Rankin/Bass Gollum thing going on to me :huh

gollum.jpg

No question that repaint and hair work really elevates the base Medicom, but he still looks kinda sickly to me and closer in feel to the concept Yoda as opposed to what we saw in ESB.

Sideshow's isn't perfect but definitely feels more like ESB Yoda to me. Like you say, GB, shame we can't see what Silent could do with that sculpt.

Looking forward to pics of your newly repainted Medi Yoda, though, MarfMaster! :D

Whoa, that Lalla painted Yoda is Balla! That's pretty much what I'm hoping for, although I think the eyes could be toned down a bit.

The camps for Yoda seem to be fairly evenly split. Just a prime example of the subjective nature of this hobby!

And it's true that my Repainted Medi Yoda wont be a fair comparison to the SSC figure out of the box, far from it. :lol I would also love to see what Nathan could so with the SSC version...someone get on that!

Back