1/6th Scale TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow 1:6 TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

Mr UPS delivered my new Yoda hut last night. I am very please with the display piece, more so as I unpacked each part. Luke and Yoda occupied their new residence last night as well,but still have some arranging to do. Thank you for the great pictures people have posted .

Here's a little teaser what's coming next. We are using a Medicom R2-D2 that I have weathered up to look like a certain swamp planet. Enjoy guys and gals there will be much more to come.

img3619m.jpg

img3620y.jpg

img3621f.jpg

img3622a.jpg

img3623b.jpg

img3624qo.jpg

img3625x.jpg

img3626r.jpg

img3627j.jpg

My next Star Wars repaint is Bespin Luke Skywalker. Now at first glance what on earth were Sideshow Thinking? But like all of Sideshow works I knew there would be a likeness under there. But once I removed all the paint something was still bugging me big time. Most people think the eyes are to big. But he is very wide eyed in really life and in Empire and Jedi after the accident his eyes look a lot bigger.
My problem was the depth of his forehead. The hair looks to flat so I added more hair. After doing this I believe there is something there, what do you guys think?

lukenrewhairfront.jpg

lukenewhairleft.jpg

lukenewhairright.jpg

I removed the yellow colour from Sideshow's Yoda Hut. and repainted it with a warmer orange colour which gives it a more homely warmer feeling.

img3628qy.jpg

img3629ju.jpg

I have just finished the repaint of the exterior of Yoda's Hut Before pictures on the Left and repaint on the right.

Ive repainted the roots, vines and the floor added little bits of detail, poured clear resin down the sides and inside the roots and created puddles on the floor also added moss and flock before added a dusting spray of gloss varnish.

Take a look they are only minor details but I think it makes quite a difference.

shutfront.jpg

yodaright.jpg

yodashutleft.jpg

yodashuttop.jpg

img3639r.jpg

img3642c.jpg

img3643j.jpg

img3644t.jpg

img3645y.jpg

My next Star Wars repaint is Bespin Luke Skywalker. Now at first glance what on earth were Sideshow Thinking? But like all of Sideshow works I knew there would be a likeness under there. But once I removed all the paint something was still bugging me big time. Most people think the eyes are to big. But he is very wide eyed in really life and in Empire and Jedi after the accident his eyes look a lot bigger.
My problem was the depth of his forehead. The hair looks to flat so I added more hair. After doing this I believe there is something there, what do you guys think?

lukenrewhairfront.jpg

lukenewhairleft.jpg

lukenewhairright.jpg

Amazing how that little change makes a world of difference! Great stuff, Greggo!

Hot off the painting table Sideshow Luke in Bespin gear head repaint. If you have been following you will notice that he is going to be part of sideshows fantastic Diorama piece which I'm in the stages of completing. Luke is having a full repaint even down to his boots. I hope you agree that he looks 100% better I have painted the eyes looking to his left as this is how he's going to be posed in the diorama.

Before and after the added hair and repaint.

lukecompare.jpg

img36461.jpg

img3646p.jpg

img3647ud.jpg

img3648y.jpg

img3649d.jpg

img3650k.jpg

img3651l.jpg

img3652n.jpg

So far I have completed the following:

Sideshow Yoda Full repaint.
Medicom R2-D2 Weathered.
Sideshow Yoda's Hut repainted and weathered.
Sideshow Luke Skywalker Bespin Head. Added hair and repainted.

The dio looks great. Nice R2. Anyone have a idea on what the Yodas hut was limited to number wise?

Great work Greggo! Love to see something that already rocks taken just a few steps further!

You guys might hate me for this... but I just bought one off Ebay for $224 + $34 shipping... I still can't believe my luck! Apparently the guy had some bills he had to pay off quick and took a hit on the item.

I can't wait for this thing to arrive!:panic:

Back