1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish HT (doubt they will) or SSC would do an Echo Trooper. I didn't bother with the Luke or Han and my Tauntaun is looking naked without a rider.

I mentioned this here a few weeks ago.. but I think these look great.. just a few phone shots.. but these are still available (Taun Tauns) at BBTS for $349.00. Got to have my Taun Tauns...:) Enjoy!

luke.jpg

han.jpg

wut?

There it is. I have both hoth figures and they are crap in my opinion. The soft rubber on the hats, hands arm banding and boots are just bad and look hasbro cheap. The boots are flimsy and both of the bodies suck compared to a true type for proportions. My Luke is taller than Han stock which was a miss. The pants on both of mine are threading out from poor stitching.

Both head sculpts look like tropical Han and Luke from Team America, they are terrible. The eye system was a major fail and just like Nathan Drake these two look like they melted in the moulds. Luke's vest is too small with the body and Han includes a ****** pirate shirt and vest that bulks him out. His belt is flimsy with non-stick velcro clasps and the leg holster strap is three times too big for the figure and droops.

Under no framing of a discussion could these two hold a candle to anything HT has pumped out for the OT figures right now. Sorry just do not see it and I love, love,love the Hoth scenes as well. Now this tauntaun, the Probe Droid, ham handed snowtroopers and e-web cannon are a different story. Great pieces.

The only redeeming pieces of the Hoth Han is the coat, blaster and the goggles. The rest is ****. For Luke, although it is the wrong color the vest is ok on a body swap, his goggles and blaster is ok. I guess if you want to throw in the scarves they are salvageable, while not part of the figure the life form scanner and reused binocs are good accessories.

It's comments like this that has keep me away from purchasing hoth Han.

But i did recently and was so pleasantly surprised with how great he looks. My biggest issue was the leg strap and the HS. Neither is that big of a deal in person at all. And I was actually pleasely surprised with how much I like his boots and gloves. In fact he gets more complements than my HT ANH Han. They are pretty much side by side. When I mention things like "ya but he's HS isn't as good" to "the tailoring is a bit off" ... they look blankly at me for a second or two then move on to real life and real conversations.

I got to remind myself that these are toys. Very well made toys regardless of what some might say. In fact I'm leaving now to purchase the SS tauntaun before they are gone forever (or until SS re-releases them like everything else of late).

Don't be a bill hater.

Just ordered my SS tauntaun. Another one gone from BBTS! No tax and shipped for $362.49 :sancho

Congrats! Be sure to use that scarf and goggles to bundle up that headsculpt and it will be an awesome display.

Don't be a bill hater.

I was not being a hater. I am posting my opinion of the figure and there is nothing wrong with it. I am posting inaccuracies I feel make the figure less than what I expected.

That's what this forum is for, to help share information and at the end of the day give others insight to adding pieces to the collection. I do not feel this is a strong piece, you disagree. I do think there is some purchase justification for anyone to say this figure is in the same class as any of HT releases. Sorry I do not buy it. You have very polite friends/family that are not going to tell you what they really think.

My friends giggle like hell when they see that headsculpt and we laugh about team america for 5 minutes every time.

Again its an opinion, don't need to get upset when people offer critiques. Bottom line, if this figure was so great it would not still be available at discount and would command a premium. It obviously is not that sought after because of the abundant weaknesses and what needs to be fixed on it look good on the shelf.

Not arguing, just trying to put my statements in context. :peace

Congrats! Be sure to use that scarf and goggles to bundle up that headsculpt and it will be an awesome display.

I was not being a hater. I am posting my opinion of the figure and there is nothing wrong with it. I am posting inaccuracies I feel make the figure less than what I expected.

That's what this forum is for, to help share information and at the end of the day give others insight to adding pieces to the collection. I do not feel this is a strong piece, you disagree. I do think there is some purchase justification for anyone to say this figure is in the same class as any of HT releases. Sorry I do not buy it. You have very polite friends/family that are not going to tell you what they really think.

My friends giggle like hell when they see that headsculpt and we laugh about team america for 5 minutes every time.

Again its an opinion, don't need to get upset when people offer critiques. Bottom line, if this figure was so great it would not still be available at discount and would command a premium. It obviously is not that sought after because of the abundant weaknesses and what needs to be fixed on it look good on the shelf.

Not arguing, just trying to put my statements in context. :peace

I apologize then but u are coming across a little negative in a forum where the release of this figure was long ago. So ur either trolling or still trying to justify ur contempt for a solid figure. Just my 2 cents. But again.. No offense.

Finally got around to putting Luke onto his Tauntaun, and it just looks frickin amazing! Absolutely love how this set looks, and you can't get much more iconic from Empire Strikes Back than this!

Beautiful shot....and yes, I'm very late to the party here, but....DAYUM!!!! I love this piece....

And yes indeed....this screams "Empire Strikes Back" all the way....

Whew.. was starting to think nobody liked Luke and Han on Taun Tauns...:) Congrats to all who have them...the sets are among my very favorite.

I hope you can pull it off there Jim....

BBTS still has these in stock...was very glad to see that because I'd have kicked myself to Hoth and back if I'd missed out on this one....it's really a fantastic piece, especially with Luke astride him....and I like ramen...goes with anything :)

Nice. If I get this right now I may be eating ramen for the rest of my life cause the wife may kick me out! LOL No but seriously I just got 4 more detolfs to add to the already 8 I have. Plus in the last few months I've gotten:
AOU Hulk
Mark III die cast
DOFP Wolverine
Electro
Jango
Luke Stormtrooper
Old Ben
Han & Chewy
Vader
Sandtrooper
Luke Farmboy
May have to wait a few more weeks before I drop a bomb like "Hey honey. I know I just spent thousands of dollars on myself so what's another $350 right?"

She'd never kick me out but I just don't want her to start thinking about it.

Aside from cost the main issue I have with getting this is I'm not sure where I'd store it. I don't have a permanent place to display it and it looks like a big and heavy box to stash away until I do.

Nice. If I get this right now I may be eating ramen for the rest of my life cause the wife may kick me out! LOL No but seriously I just got 4 more detolfs to add to the already 8 I have. Plus in the last few months I've gotten:
AOU Hulk
Mark III die cast
DOFP Wolverine
Electro
Jango
Luke Stormtrooper
Old Ben
Han & Chewy
Vader
Sandtrooper
Luke Farmboy
May have to wait a few more weeks before I drop a bomb like "Hey honey. I know I just spent thousands of dollars on myself so what's another $350 right?"

She'd never kick me out but I just don't want her to start thinking about it.

$350 now is better than $800 in a few years time ;)

Back