1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a few members opting for the 12" Kenner ones. Are those any good?

Imagine if HT do a tauntaun, with similar engineering as chewie. Moveable, hidden, seamless joints.

I think an articulated/fur HT Tauntaun would run around $700 (admittedly just my guess). I doubt there's a big market for that.

Maybe around $300-400. I think it would be easier to pull off than say, gantry or Iron Whiplash despite having those furs. Since the joints and parts are lesser than gantry and would require lesser albeit bigger mold

I'm confident it would be closer to Sol's estimate IF it were to see the light of day (super doubtful).

Great picture, Wonker!

This figure became one of my recent grail figures...I missed out on it at Sideshow....kept trying to accrue more rewards points to take the sting out of that price then suddenly, without warning, boom! It was gone.

Looking back on that, I was kind of short-sighted there being so hung up on the price of it...especially when one considers how much figures are going for these days...that price of $349 doesn't seem so insane.

With that in mind, I marched over to BBTS and it's still there at retail. Had a lot of OT at work this season so....it was "Happy Holidays" to me....

Just a quick shot after set-up here....

I'm glad I went for this...it's a gorgeous piece...just popping with detail and the saddle/tack gear is really well done. Thank the maker for those fellow collectors that put up some youtube videos of their set-ups....with no enclosed guide or instructions for this, the videos were a great help in getting it together.

Yeah, HT may come along someday with a "fur"-laden version of this, but...I think this one will do just fine for me. It's got options with the two heads and horn sets for a variety of display ideas and...I love the sculpting on it. The claws, the tail, the eyes just sparkle with life...it looks great!.

Now for the wampa in the room...that seam. I gotta say...when it's right in front of you, it's just not that big a deal. there are ways to light this thing for display to help play it down visually (or as many have down, artfully draping the reigns can help hide it). But for me...there is so much to draw the eye on this beast that I find myself looking at all of the other features on it. Do I wish it had been rendered a little differently to help "hide" it? Sure...but it's not a deal-breaker as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just glad I went for this...yes, I ended up paying full retail for it, but the piece is so awesome and coupled with the good experience of dealing with BBTS (it was double-boxed and showed up quickly in perfect condition), the Tauntaun has taken the center spot in my Sideshow Hoth set-up and is as visually awesome as the Dewback is on display.

Yeah, I'm gushing at this point...but getting this piece was a great cap to a really good year of figure collecting....

....here's to next year!

I see a few members opting for the 12" Kenner ones. Are those any good? ...

Only if you're into nostalgia. I enjoy remembering the 48 straight days I drove to Toy's R Us to get the Han and TaunTaun back in the late 90s. Otherwise, it definitely wouldn't blend into a current HT or SS collection...

Only if you're into nostalgia. I enjoy remembering the 48 straight days I drove to Toy's R Us to get the Han and TaunTaun back in the late 90s. Otherwise, it definitely wouldn't blend into a current HT or SS collection...

That depends. If you are creative and skilled like Seb it can look just fine......

Started the snow weathering on the tauntaun and Solo.
Still some details to add here and there, make a base for him and he will be ready to go.

IMG_1871_zpsowdodmno.jpg

IMG_1869_zpscpg536u6.jpg

IMG_1864_zps6awrfkon.jpg

IMG_1862_zps2hpzexfl.jpg

IMG_1861_zpsbymdh9fb.jpg

IMG_1868_zpse1nvq3s2.jpg

IMG_1866_zpsceodtscc.jpg

great work on this piece but i see more the monster in never ending story than the taun taun

well i finally ordered this through bbts. was actually hoping for some sort of xmas discounts but that never came to be, so just decided that i waited long enough and just pulled the trigger. can't wait.

well i finally ordered this through bbts. was actually hoping for some sort of xmas discounts but that never came to be, so just decided that i waited long enough and just pulled the trigger. can't wait.

I am feeling ya.....waiting for a discount I feel may never come

The bad thing is that if you wait too long and it sells out it may turn into another Dewback which commands outrageous prices. Almost thinking of getting one myself despite not having either of the Hoth figures yet.

I am feeling ya.....waiting for a discount I feel may never come

yeah dude. if a discount was coming i woulda thought it would be around xmas. but as i was checking around other sites, seems most stock of this has already sold out besides the bbts stock of it, so i figured might as well order it before it sells out.

I have Hoth Han....IF HT announced Hoth figures, I'd be pushed over the edge to bite the bullet on a Taun Taun or two. SS Hoth figures are solid but for whatever reason not pulled trigger on Luke thus no Taun Taun either.

Back