1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I started doing some frosting snowing up. I don't really want to use powder, looking for more detail and permanence. This is quite an interesting effect.
These are taken with a pretty unforgiving macro lens.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-01%20at%2017.29.24_zpse9u5jnxg.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-01%20at%2017.27.17_zpspme7ni8y.png

That's looking great!

I'm the same way. People keep saying that they want it to be removable but I'm like hell if it looks awesome I want it permanent. What did you use to get that effect?

Nice work Rory. As always your attention to detail astounds me. Need a recipe please.

So I started doing some frosting snowing up. I don't really want to use powder, looking for more detail and permanence. This is quite an interesting effect.
These are taken with a pretty unforgiving macro lens.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-01%20at%2017.29.24_zpse9u5jnxg.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-01%20at%2017.27.17_zpspme7ni8y.png

Damn that weathering is amazing! Especially like how you frosted the goggles. Would love a tutorial of how you achieved those weathering effects. Well done. :clap

Damn that weathering is amazing! Especially like how you frosted the goggles. Would love a tutorial of how you achieved those weathering effects. Well done. :clap
Nice work Rory. As always your attention to detail astounds me. Need a recipe please.

Thanks gents. :duff

There are several water based snow products available, they are basically powder in a fluid base. When they dry they leave a pretty good snow like residue on the the object. They are really made for static war models/landscapes. The problem I've had with them is that they rub, crumble and crack off of movable objects. Krycell is one of the better ones. I have been experimenting mixing them with other mediums to get them to work on fabric and movable parts. And be more permanent. I've discovered mixing white super fine powder snow with matte lacquer and/or matte acrylic seems to be successful. I've tested several mediums from matte to gloss for ice.
I will post a tutorial similar to my Gen Grevious one soon. I photographed the process as I went along.

:duff

Last edited:
Looking forward to it... they're fine as-is if you want a look for inside of Echo Base, but with the TaunTaun and included snowbasess seems a shame to keep them warm looking :lol

I just received mine today and both hand pegs are very loose, it takes almost zero effort to remove them and reinstall

I have not done any mods or anything, just a body swap. Han is on the pro 1.1 he came with and Luke is now on a pro 1.0. The height seems to be a bit better.

I am really looking forward to having some free time to work on these.

Nice improvement over original releases. Did you just use Hoth bodies and fitted older Bespin gears over them or switched heads on alder bodies?

Nice improvement over original releases. Did you just use Hoth bodies and fitted older Bespin gears over them or switched heads on alder bodies?

Han is on a Narrow Shoulder TT knock-off with original Bespin Han pants, belt, and gun rig. The shirt, jacket and head are from the new Hoth Han. The boots are from Virtual Toys.

Luke is on a Pro 1.0 with original suit, and belt. The head sculpt and boots are from the new Hoth Luke. I plan on painting the boots.

I hear you, but it was just chilling in my parts bin and I thought I would put it to good use. I already have the DX HT Luke for high-end. :)

After the mental rush of Han's arrival, I'm putting the new SSC hatless Luke onto a narrow slim body with the HT Luke gear. I have the body but I can't seem to find the neck adapter.:gah: Funny how HT still does the necked heads but SSC hasn't done that in a long time.

And don't feel bad about using the old SSC stuff - the Bespin Han set-up I have waiting for the hatless SSC Han Hoth head is nearly all Hasbro.:slap

Though I will say the Hasbro pants are darker than the SSC Han Bespin pants, even if the fabric feels (and looks) like canvas.:lol

Han is on a Narrow Shoulder TT knock-off with original Bespin Han pants, belt, and gun rig. The shirt, jacket and head are from the new Hoth Han. The boots are from Virtual Toys.

Luke is on a Pro 1.0 with original suit, and belt. The head sculpt and boots are from the new Hoth Luke. I plan on painting the boots.

Great. Gonna have to chase a few parts so i can put those spare Hoth headsculpts to good use.

I hear you, but it was just chilling in my parts bin and I thought I would put it to good use. I already have the DX HT Luke for high-end. :)

I'm doing the same... the head will be used in Yoda's hut. I actually think the expression works really well for that part of the movie.

Back