1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow. Yeah I'm leaning towards this figure now. I've tried mightily the last while to get a Bespin Luke. But I do like this version and kinda want to get the exclusive. I only wish they had in hand pictures before I order.
And yeah that is crazy about the VAders. How often is there a second lot of a figure like that?

If you have any patience at all, you may want to wait just a few more months before you pull the Vader trigger.

Hoping they announce their vader plans before jan. I have a preorder down for him atm haha. But if the HT vader doesn't have light up suit, I'm passing. I love that aspect of the SS version.

You could just buy the light-up chest rig. I have one for just that reason.

How much are they going for? And are they likely to fit a HT vader..? I know SS tend to be bigger than they're supposed to be.

edit: looked at ebay, found only the chest box for $45. Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers HT make their vader light up. Shouldn't be an issue with all of the iron man figs that do it.

The hot toys version will definately have light up features!
I don't understand all the ANH Vader love. I really didn't like the design so much as the ESB version. I find it is sort of like a prototype of the better quality, refined look of the ESB Vader suit.

I like less refined, rough-and-tumble Vader. Nothing beats Vader's opening interrogation scene about the Tantive in Star Wars.

I think that is more of his attitude and his dialogue. Not much to do with his suit. He was so awesome and ruthless in that scene.

Although I still laugh when Captain Antillies gets choked and "falls" against the wall. :lol

Vader was rougher in Star Wars, that's what I mean... so I associate what he wore when he was like that. I also saw SW as a kid in the theater and had to wait 3 years to see ESB, so the early look stuck with me more than it will someone young who could pop ESB in the next night.

Vader was rougher in Star Wars, that's what I mean... so I associate what he wore when he was like that. I also saw SW as a kid in the theater and had to wait 3 years to see ESB, so the early look stuck with me more than it will someone young who could pop ESB in the next night.

Ah I see your point. Yeah the waiting in between theater releases sucked. But ESB was amazing when I saw how it progressed.

:p

Yeah my first experience with star wars was watching the OT trilogy on vhs in the early 90s when I was 3 or 4. I never noticed the suit differences at that age.

That's not something to be proud of, so in the future, you should lie about it. ;)

I just find the ANH Vader looks a bit silly in certain areas. Like the helmet looks too big and the eyes are not fully black tinted.
I've always said that ESB defined the main characters... The movie provided the best incarnations of each visually, dialogue wise, story wise, acting wise ect.
I know ANH brought us into the SW universe, but ESB refined that universe. Look at images of both versions of Vader... It holds up better in ESB, he looks cleaner, meaner and the design has little to no flaws. The suit commands more presence as a result, and makes all of his scenes very memorable. I mean even the voice is better, the effects ect.

IIt holds up better in ESB, he looks cleaner, meaner and the design has little to no flaws.

Yes, all that. BUT. Sideshow is already selling a ROTJ Vader, which was originally announced as ESB/ROTJ, so some people would rather see a new ANH release as Sideshow's version was over 5 years ago.

Back