1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the Luke face visible in the X-Wing helmet looks pretty damn good. Unfortunate SSC didn't show the head without helmet yet - it could be a definitive farmboy Luke until HT gets around to it.

Hoth Luke looks good not great at this point - it and Hoth Han have me flip-flopping between nervous and excited.

Hey guys,
I'm new here! Been lurking for a couple weeks and finally decided to register.

OT: I'm def looking forward to this one. Like you guys have said, I'm hoping SS doesn't botch the head sculpt. From the promo shots, it kinda looks more like Hamill than the DX07 does.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412555111.702054.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412555121.091238.jpg
With hasbro clothes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412555179.588393.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412555311.103440.jpg

What are peoples opinions on this figure with the info/photos given....
I hear a lot of "it isn't as good as the Bespin Hot Toys figure", "Hot Toys will blow this out of the water" ect....

I am extremely interested in purchasing a Luke Skywalker figure to complement my other Star Wars figures (all SS so far, with HT Han and Chewie POed).
My favourite incarnation of Luke is the ESB version. Really, I enjoy all ESB...but realize the ANH Hot Toys Han is the best Han out there and Chewie does not look much different from movie to movie. So...what do I do...
Im trying to find a cheaper price on the Hot Toys Luke but doubt it will ever happen...

I hear a lot of "it isn't as good as the Bespin Hot Toys figure",

I think you were having nightmare. It was dream. It looks a lot better than the Hot Toys DX07, most criticism is based on Sideshow's track record with human figures, so waiting to see the final in-hand will clear it all up.

"Hot Toys will blow this out of the water"

Hot Toys aren't doing a Hoth Luke so unless we're still talking about DX07 (Bespin) or a potential future farmer or Jedi Luke...

.but realize the ANH Hot Toys Han is the best Han out there

Then you shouldn't buy any more Sideshow figures and should stick to Hot Toys. :slap Me on the other hand? I think the current proto pictures of "Han" look absolutely terrible and everything Sideshow has shown in the past two years looks far superior. Easy pass. But definitely ordering Chewie once he's released.

Im trying to find a cheaper price on the Hot Toys Luke but doubt it will ever happen...

Deals come up all the time, especially if you only want one of the two figures from the set. But I'm not selling anything from my own set. ;)

What are peoples opinions on this figure with the info/photos given....
I hear a lot of "it isn't as good as the Bespin Hot Toys figure", "Hot Toys will blow this out of the water" ect....

Solely based on the proto pics, I think the SSC Hoth Luke's sculpt is not quite as good as the battle-damaged HT Luke sculpt, but slightly better than the other (non-BD) HT Luke sculpt.

It's pretty close though - in-hand pics for this and Hoth Han are going to be so critical for SSC's business from this point on.

Solely based on the proto pics, I think the SSC Hoth Luke's sculpt is not quite as good as the battle-damaged HT Luke sculpt, but slightly better than the other (non-BD) HT Luke sculpt.

:exactly:

It's pretty close though - in-hand pics for this and Hoth Han are going to be so critical for SSC's business from this point on.

Just wait for the in hand pic's, I don't see HT bespin luke going up in price any more than he is already between now and November.

Has the release date for this changed? I thought sideshows site said November for hoth Luke.

Can anyone link me to a picture of the two heads that come with the standard version of this figure I can only find the head at the top if this page and the battle damaged one.

ANH Vader from HT thanks. :lecture
+1

Sideshow's ANH is now a very respectable age for a redux and if it's true that they're releasing six more figures from ANH, I don't know how one of them won't be Vader. Would be idiotic if they release Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia, etc., but then decide Vader's a pass. Don't see it, especially with SSC's second lot of ESB/ROTJ Vaders coming in January.

Back