1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't pre-order Sideshow stuff as a general rule, but I want both of them. I have high hopes for Spooktacular and I'm hopeful Sideshow run another 12 Days of Christmas so I can feel better about ordering those two. It's also tremendous impetus to do so. long with Tauntaun, that's $750 before shipping, not a small sum that I want to just dump over night. AND… That doesn't even begin to say anything about what we've been discussing, the release of a quality product.

With Hasbro I expect a cool toy. With Sideshow and Hot Toys (any of the higher end 1/6 companies) I expect great realism. When I set one of these guys up, they should look like a small 3 dimensional photograph of 1:1 people. The setup should be believable.

I couldn't believe they did a Han Hoth. I ordered it within minutes of pre-order going live while riding on a bus with spotty wi-fi reception.

Maybe I also feel that Luke isn't as cool without a Taun (whereas Han is more stand-alone to me) and I don't want a statue of a Taun like SSC is doing.

And... so Spooktacular is actual new reveals day-by-day?

SSC has revealed so many items in the past few months, it's exciting to think there could be even more.

Sure there could be some reveals and we might expect some additional pre-orders to go live for stuff shown at SDCC. But I was leaning more toward some discounts.

Of course - the SSC Bossk is a better product, but I totally get where TaliBane is coming from.

The SSC figure is too stylized for my tastes - it's lost the ESB vibe for me, hence my dislike of the figure ultimately.

........When did this release & the tauntaun get bumped to November? I thought it was October. Bummer, I'm hoping they don't bump it into December, who can afford $500.00+ frivolous purchases during x-mas season?

I had October marked down for both from the announcement last December, so it looks like both were bumped to November at some point - no idea how far back that was done. Han still listed for December.

In my book, Luke and Tauntaun were planned for a october release while Han was expected to hit in november. It looks like all three got bumped a month.

No contest at all with Bossk. I love the Sideshow version, which actually improved on the real thing!

After getting SS Bossk the Hasbro looked even goofier than before.

I sold off most of my Hasbro 12", keeping only Zuckuss, IG-88, Gamorrean, Jawa and R5-D4.

:nono :lecture

:lol

Of course - the SSC Bossk is a better product, but I totally get where TaliBane is coming from.

The SSC figure is too stylized for my tastes - it's lost the ESB vibe for me, hence my dislike of the figure ultimately.

Yeah, it's that shrieking Bossk from the comics and "Dark Forces," not the sinister cool dude from ESB. I can definitely see how people could dig a redesigned EU Bossk, but I wanted the guy from the movie.

No contest at all with Bossk. I love the Sideshow version, which actually improved on the real thing!

I *HATE* that they "improved" Bossk. That figure reeks of "Special Edition-ism" now and I don't like it at all. Bossk was one of my most anticipated figures and SSC's revisionism turned it into a total pass. Even *George* didn't touch Bossk's design. :gah:

I *HATE* that they "improved" Bossk. That figure reeks of "Special Edition-ism" now and I don't like it at all. Bossk was one of my most anticipated figures and SSC's revisionism turned it into a total pass. Even *George* didn't touch Bossk's design. :gah:

It's Sideshow's "interpretation" again ala their now-defunct 1:6 G.I. Joe line.

It's Sideshow's "interpretation" again ala their now-defunct 1:6 G.I. Joe line.

Everyone has their own interpretation of Bossk. I'm sticking with the guy on the left.:lol

zlvvyw.jpg

The bounty hunters only really came alive in the EU.

Imagination be damned.:wink1:

Finally ordered the Exclusive of this figure. In looking at everything that this comes with, it's really almost a "DX" treatment (THREE heads, blaster and lightsaber - neither of which come with the X-Wing Luke,) so I actually felt the price was warranted, especially given the Biker Scout is $190 and comes with... a nice base.

This was also a vote of confidence in SSC. I do feel like I'm getting more hopeful that the Luke and Han production heads will turn out really well - at this stage, I don't think SSC will allow these to come out like Drake, which was one of the first of the new type so prone to problems.

Or maybe I'm just thinking THREE heads that all look bad will be a bit tragic...

We're right in that the figure IS indeed stylized, & therefore it falls short as a true representation of what's seen on film.

AND.. I'm not knocking your opinion. :lol

I thought the herd loved everything SSC throws out? :huh

I love Bossk - always did. It doesn't mean I have to like that SSC figure, which is bittersweet for me because I'd have bought it in a heartbeat had it matched up better.

Ah well..

Screen accuracy bovine. :monkey1

15oay5l.jpg

I'm in the for the Ex as well. I pre-ordered before I realized that Sideshow had 'improved' their heads!

There's a lot riding on these versions of Luke and Han, and I too am hoping that Sideshow feel the pressure not to **** them up! :lol

Yeah, if we repeat "they can't mess it up" enough times the figs will turn out great.:hi5:

And an EU Bossk is still kinda cool (I had Unleashed Bossk and played Dark Forces until I heard Bossk's shriek in my sleep) - I'm just severely bummed I didn't get ESB Bossk.:duff

Back