1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not a perfect Luke likness but its the best yet. There's more Hammil to it than in HT attempt in my opinnion.

And I think it can look even better with a repaint, since I saw the original, unpainted sculpt on Trevor's Deviantart page.

Originally I was thinking about buying the whole figure, but now that I see they've included the unhelmeted head, I am going buy it separately and put it on HT luke body and outfit.

Although I also see a bit of Warwick Davis in that sculpt :)

Last edited:
Preorder is more fun that way! Listening to people cry about how they missed it cause SS's page wasn't refreshing fast enough etc. etc. Ah, the good ol' days!

The hands do look a bit too big, you notice it right away. I think part of what makes them seem big is that the glove cuffs are not tapered in at the wrists like the actual glove was, so it makes the whole thing look big and blocky. I'm sure it's to allow more articulation at the wrists, but it does add to the big look of the gloves. At least they're not as bad as the Snowtrooper gloves. Those suckers are as big as hockey gloves, they're not anywhere near that big in the film. I think Luke will look better in hand.

I don't really find the gloves to be that much of a problem, not like the Snowtroopers were.

Here's Luke so you can judge for yourself:

large.jpg

106291297.3EmPBDbm.jpg

106291293.uWawGUSI.jpg

luke.jpg

EmpireStrikesBack02+(1588+x+1192).jpg

Last edited:
I want to like this sculpt, but all seem off in one way or another judging by the photos--the BD hs eye's are just wrong. I will await for in-hand before I make my decision. Cummon SS don't blow this...

Celebrating our first big snowfall of the season by ordering this figure...

It's Hoth...it's Luke....been waiting a long time for Sideshow to take the Rebel hero in this direction. Pictures make it look alright to me...the sculpts look decent (hair looks like it's more than one peice...could be wrong there...we'll see)....the outfit looks top-notch (Sideshow's costume fabrication team has been doing awesome work for a while now)....and it looks like there will be plenty of display options.

Looking forward to it.....now, where's Han?

I hope SSC throws in a snow base much like the one for SnowTroopers.

Yes....I hope so too!

Back