1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS has literally put out the best for Luke. If this was the custom world there would be a stampede here to get the figure. In fact its great to see so many customizers now working for a company making Legit figures.

Paint: Wan Lee (Lalla)
Sculpt: Trevor Grove
Andy B.
Clothing: Serang Kim

Do you know how much Lalla paints one head for these days ? Upwards of $400. Serang's figures are way upwards of a grand with his DX packages touching $5k. And Trevor of course needs no introduction here.

The team that worked on Luke can put HT's to shame. I believe the sculpts and apps are up there with the best.

Except Lalla isn't hand painting every one of these production figures, the SSC factory is.

I was looking at the 'ensemble' pick with Luke standing with his gear in front of him (where is his base SS? dont cheap out on the snowy base). Is anyone worried about the thickness of the lightsaber?

Been saying that a while now. it started with padawan Obi, and is carried over to vader, Malgus, and some others.

i DO NOT care for it. that big, it might start to warp and/or droop.

SIDESHOW! BRING BACK THE THINNER BLADES! they looked SOO MUCH BETTER!

this saber looks BAD to me :(
e5n0q8.jpg

lol, suddenly Trevor Grove isn't as good as Hot Toys.
Yeah, that's what make me laugh, too. Grove is so coveted in general (and especially in the customs section), that it's kind of weird to see his work getting a thrashing here (and Serang Kim for the outfit, holy, needless to say that's impressive). I'm not blown away by the likeness to Hamill, but it's close enough to 'Luke' that I ordered the exclusive from Sideshow. Not a super big fan of the battle-damaged look but if there are tweaks made prior to release, it could be a very nice piece to have.

Worst case scenario, I'll sell the BD HS a-la-carte for the difference between ordering from Sideshow and locally ($40.00). Also ordered the Tauntaun from Urban Samurai, so saved a bit on that. Just waiting for Solo, now, and I'm all-in for Hoth.

:yess:

Been saying that a while now. it started with padawan Obi, and is carried over to vader, Malgus, and some others.

e5n0q8.jpg

No they didn't look better they were too thin and fragile, the lightsabers in the film are thicker than that.
I do agree the new ones are a little " Too " thick though, but at the same time more in 1/6 scale too.

e5n0q8.jpg

How the hell did my picture end up in this thread?:slap Too add it really is not that bad. When SS made it look all thin. Looked like crap. The thickness on Obi Wans saber is a bit too thick but a little in the middle and would be perfect but still love it. :dunno

Think it looks really nice!

But gonna pass, a bit too much for both, and I would feel empty with Luke and no Taun-Taun lol

I dunno, those sabres look awful to me, I don't really think any lit toy sabres look good, but the new fat ones scream Hasbro to me.

Yeah the new blades look like crap. The original design was much nicer. Even the Hot Toys Luke has it.

Back