1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c26caf08ae1398d7c0a1aca580ffd619.jpg
7a8e8a1bee3e979d77070c5d4f356c02.jpg

I switched out the Sideshow head sculpt for the Hot Toys DX Luke head, and I’m pretty happy with the results, it was the only thing bothering me about this piece, which I still feel is probably in the top five things that Sideshow has ever made ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. I’m still tempted to see the ROTJ Luke with the HT gear but I figure I should be patient and wait until HT makes their Hoth figures.

I hear you, I just couldn’t wait any longer.

Plus, even though we saw him in the background on the Bespin Leia Hot Toys figure, they still haven’t even announced Bespin Han, which means he’s at least two years away on the delivery, which puts any possible forthcoming Han and Luke Hoth figures like at least 4 years away.

So, I just bought both heads on eBay last week and bashed them today, no regrets.

The Sideshow TaunTaun is still one of the best pieces ever done, still holds up. Had to give it a little upgrade.

Plus, even though we saw him in the background on the Bespin Leia Hot Toys figure, they still haven’t even announced Bespin Han, which means he’s at least two years away on the delivery, which puts any possible forthcoming Han and Luke Hoth figures like at least 4 years away.

So, I just bought both heads on eBay last week and bashed them today, no regrets.

The Sideshow TaunTaun is still one of the best pieces ever done, still holds up. Had to give it a little upgrade.

I say I should be patient, but I have SS Hoth Luke figures on my watched eBay list and a spare HT ROTJ Luke head in hand already. You shouldn't have any regrets, I'm not convinced the HT ones are around the corner in any way.

HT Hoth Han and Luke are no doubt coming but impossible to say how many years it will take. Already made Snowies and Leia so I would think they are an eventual given. I'm also curious to see how deep they go with Endor? Leia? Han? Scouts? Ewoks?

Little upgrade? Could you be a little bit more specific?
Thanks,
m.

c26caf08ae1398d7c0a1aca580ffd619.jpg
7a8e8a1bee3e979d77070c5d4f356c02.jpg

I switched out the Sideshow head sculpt for the Hot Toys DX Luke head, and I’m pretty happy with the results, it was the only thing bothering me about this piece, which I still feel is probably in the top five things that Sideshow has ever made ...

Looks great FSOHK! I did this with one of the two sets I bought when the dx07 first came out. Did you permanently attach the hat or are you able to remove it and use the PERS?

I did several mods on mine and reposted them here a while back for anyone interested in doing this. I think it’s a much needed upgrade.

I was able to keep the peers system intact, honestly I only had to shave the neck off on the DX Luke, it is not permanently fixed on, I took a lot of work though,but I managed to keep the hat piece intact, and then I dremeled out the inside. It work out pretty well

da5370e5d5a62a6864bf8bd2bc8759a4.jpg

Back