1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to say - thanks Elvis for letting us in on the secret of how you got that great snow effect :hi5:

IMO, you've ruined the Hoth figure by stuffing in a stranger's face.

In my opinion, DX07 is the sculpt that best fits this Hoth Luke representation.

However, it is curious to think that Luke should have looked more like what Tom Day did, in the scenes previous to the wampa attack.

Technically speaking, it was the wampa what scarred and changed Luke's face, so that makes sense. In a very freaky sort of way!

I wouldn't say ruined. I hate the original ss head. The head in itself isn't bad but the way it's done is laughable.
So while the farm body Luke head look too young for ESB it's not worst by any means than the original head.

The paint is weird on the SSC - too simplistic and uniform, too dark in tone, stoner glassy eyes too - but I think the Hamill likeness is a touch better on the original SSC.

In my opinion, DX07 is the sculpt that best fits this Hoth Luke representation.

I wouldn't say ruined. I hate the original ss head. The head in itself isn't bad but the way it's done is laughable.
So while the farm body Luke head look too young for ESB it's not worst by any means than the original head.

Yeah, it's not that the ANH is a good sculpt (it's not) but it is better looking (without hair anmd with the hat) than the original hoth sculpt. Which kind of looks like Jake Gyllenhaal in the lower left.

And yes, I think the DX07 is the better head for this figure.

Hoth-Luke-Comparison.jpg

The paint is weird on the SSC - too simplistic and uniform, too dark in tone, stoner glassy eyes too - but I think the Hamill likeness is a touch better on the original SSC.

I definitely wouldn't agree that it's better than the HT, but like the ANH Luke the sculpt benefits from being removed from the hat/ hair. You can see more of a likeness in it then, IMHO.

Someone with the skills to do so would probably be able to turn an ANH recast into a pretty good Wampa damaged Luke.

Moving on from the likeness, has anyone dyed the vest/ body warmer thing? The grey doesn't look quite right to me, I'd like it more orange/ brown and closer to the Hasbro colour.

I upgraded my HOTH Luke.

I used the ss red five Luke body and padded the legs a little bit. Also added weathering and snow effect.
I switch the head with the HT one. I really can't stand the ss head.

IMG_3625_zpsodxlmxut.jpg

IMG_3626_zpszn1tkx7t.jpg

IMG_3627_zpsqcslkmbo.jpg

IMG_3628_zpsyiq7n7tb.jpg

Wonderful work Seb. Love the snow weathering. Good stuff.

I definitely wouldn't agree that it's better than the HT, but like the ANH Luke the sculpt benefits from being removed from the hat/ hair. You can see more of a likeness in it then, IMHO.

Someone with the skills to do so would probably be able to turn an ANH recast into a pretty good Wampa damaged Luke.

Moving on from the likeness, has anyone dyed the vest/ body warmer thing? The grey doesn't look quite right to me, I'd like it more orange/ brown and closer to the Hasbro colour.

Yes, just use Rit dye in tan. It works well, but make sure to mix the dye really well in the hot water to dissolve the granules fully if you use the powder - otherwise it has a tendency to leave flecks of the dye mixer colors (tiny red and yellow etc.)

Yeah, it's not that the ANH is a good sculpt (it's not) but it is better looking (without hair anmd with the hat) than the original hoth sculpt. Which kind of looks like Jake Gyllenhaal in the lower left.

And yes, I think the DX07 is the better head for this figure.

View attachment 247764

Not sure if it's intentional, but both of those are the Sideshow sculpt.

Even the stock figure has a bit of a Humpty Dumpty thing going on - like the vest is a tad short, so the gunbelt has to be raised up a bit too far.

The dye is in the post [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

X-wing body looks pretty nice, Kuat. I liked the pro 1.0 better than the body it came with, chest was better but felt like the shoulders were too baggy afterward. Seems like the x-Wing body solves both issues. Good comparison there.

Tom any more photos of the progress on your Hoth Luke?

X-wing body looks pretty nice, Kuat. I liked the pro 1.0 better than the body it came with, chest was better but felt like the shoulders were too baggy afterward. Seems like the x-Wing body solves both issues. Good comparison there.

Tom any more photos of the progress on your Hoth Luke?

Not yet, thanks for asking. I'm time poor as well as cash poor at the moment!

But the next thing I'll do is dye the vest, and I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Sithblade for sending me his surplus dye, which I got today. A really kind thing to do and I shall try and think of a favour I can do back. Thanks SB! :hi5:

Not yet, thanks for asking. I'm time poor as well as cash poor at the moment!

But the next thing I'll do is dye the vest, and I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Sithblade for sending me his surplus dye, which I got today. A really kind thing to do and I shall try and think of a favour I can do back. Thanks SB! :hi5:
No problems, I look forward to seeing your work[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back