1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great work Elvis. I would dearly love to know what you used for the snow effect.

The HT ANH head fits really well also, once you've carved out most of the inside of the hat.

I upgraded my HOTH Luke.

I used the ss red five Luke body and padded the legs a little bit. Also added weathering and snow effect.
I switch the head with the HT one. I really can't stand the ss head.

IMG_3627_zpsqcslkmbo.jpg

So doing this head swap with the recast ANH Luke I got (after a repaint).

I too would like to know how you did the snow effect. It takes the figure up to another level. So does head sculpt. AWESOME WORK!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I upgraded my HOTH Luke.

I used the ss red five Luke body and padded the legs a little bit. Also added weathering and snow effect.
I switch the head with the HT one. I really can't stand the ss head.

IMG_3625_zpsodxlmxut.jpg

IMG_3626_zpszn1tkx7t.jpg

IMG_3627_zpsqcslkmbo.jpg

IMG_3628_zpsyiq7n7tb.jpg

That is just amazing! Good job, the weathering looks great! :rock

Does the weathering come off or is it permanent?

Have to decide if I want to go that far. I do sort of like the stock look, maybe add some finely grated styrene foam on the shoulders so its reversible.

I have a partly customized BD Luke Hoth I'll go full frozen on though.

I've read that PVA glue, white paint and baking soda in equal parts makes quite realistic icy snow.

Does the weathering come off or is it permanent?

Have to decide if I want to go that far. I do sort of like the stock look, maybe add some finely grated styrene foam on the shoulders so its reversible.

I have a partly customized BD Luke Hoth I'll go full frozen on though.

I've read that PVA glue, white paint and baking soda in equal parts makes quite realistic icy snow.

It does comes off a little bit but I used matte varnish so that it's permanent.
FOr me it's the snow weathering that takes those figures apart form a random soldier dressed figure.

I was just browsing a swedish website that sells abit of sixth scale figures.

I usually don't buy from them because they are always off on pricing.

They are charging $10 more for Hoth Luke compared to HT ANH Luke, and $50 more than SS Pilot Luke!

hothluke2.jpg

I haven't touched the ANH face as its an original one, although someone using a recast might be happy to cut it down. Instead I've been hollowing out the hat and chin strap piece with a knife, as shown. Still some way to go, but I prefer it to SS's sculpt.

Thanks for the photos, Tom. Looks pretty nice. Though it's maybe not quite as representative of his Empire look, I tend to prefer this sculpt to the DX one. Would love to see this on the figure for scale too.

It does comes off a little bit but I used matte varnish so that it's permanent.
FOr me it's the snow weathering that takes those figures apart form a random soldier dressed figure.

You've done a fine job; I like that parts of the weathering actually look damp. It's maybe a tough call to go that permanent, but I think the snow is very evocative of the place we're trying to get to with these figures -- a moment from the film.

Thanks guys. This is still at a very early stage. The hat fits back onto the chin strap piece at the back, but at the fromt it needs more work and sits a little high. I'm also still experimenting with bodies - don't know whether to use a DX07 or ANH Luke body, but basically the shorter the better seems to work.

It's not a perfect likeness but I do prefer it to Sideshow's and I think it'll do until another ESB Luke comes along. This sculpt always looks better when you take it way from it's hairpiece! I'm looking forward to getting X-wing Luke so I can try the hair from that. I have three ANH Luke's and it's quite possible none of them will end up with the original hair.

Back