1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever these get into the hands of the masses could someone take a picture of the hoth Luke head on a Bespin luke body? If it's decent I may get one to swap out.

The FedEx website isn't straight forward, so you've probably been looking at a shipping account. You want an automated systems account which you can sign up for here

Many thanks for the link. Already tried that but am stuck when asked for an account number??? Will have to give them a call so they can bind my Customer number to a web account i guess.

Doesn't look that way to me. The window on the prototype, both the one shown at SDCC and the one photographed for the press shots, had a bigger (albeit badly cut out) window.

View attachment 174134

Not sure what you mean. What I was saying is that the plastic rank badge on the Luke proto has the bottom 1/3 cut off of it (compare with Han's badge for ref on how it appears non-cut) and that's why it sits so low in the window pocket. The Prod'n fig has a full, uncut rank badge - that's why it protrudes so much. Then I said that the prod'n fig's window pocket needs to be widened with an x-acto blade. This fix will make it look closer to the proto.

Not sure what you mean. What I was saying is that the plastic rank badge on the Luke proto has the bottom 1/3 cut off of it .

And I'm saying it doesn't - it doesn't look like it's cut off at all. It looks like the same badge between proto and final, only the hole in the pocket and the pocket size are different. You don't need to modify the badge, just the pocket.

The image I posted before was the prototype. This image is the final.

2159-commander-luke-skywalker-hoth-008.jpg

Cut the badge if you want, but that's not what you need to do to match the prototype.

And I'm saying it doesn't - it doesn't look like it's cut off at all. It looks like the same badge between proto and final, only the hole in the pocket and the pocket size are different. You don't need to modify the badge, just the pocket.

The image I posted before was the prototype. This image is the final.

Cut the badge if you want, but that's not what you need to do to match the prototype.

Prototype, production, Rorywan's cut badge pocket. Side by side.

5nqdxj.png

You can see that the colored squares are just becoming visible at the top of Rory's cut pocket window.

You can see that the prototype fig's badge has been cut down so that the bottom of badge is that little horizontal line linking the silver squares, whereas the production one has more below it (proto has the larger silver circles cut off, visible on the production one.)

So... if Rory cut off his badge at that horizontal line, the colored squares would show roughly as it does in the proto.

Whew... I should have just waited until it arrived and showed the mod.:lol

On closer inspection it looks like the entire badge is larger, and as you can see, no amount of cutting it going to save the appearance - the pocket itself needs to be redone. The proto was already too small, the production is smaller still. IMO, it looks better stock than cut-down hiding the colored parts at the top, so I wouldn't touch it unless I was going to replace the pocket itself.

Maybe Thursday for me too...and it may be a jaunt to the mountains next weekend... but I will have find some clean, white snow to snap a few shots of him in....can't wait!

On closer inspection it looks like the entire badge is larger, and as you can see, no amount of cutting it going to save the appearance - the pocket itself needs to be redone. The proto was already too small, the production is smaller still. IMO, it looks better stock than cut-down hiding the colored parts at the top, so I wouldn't touch it unless I was going to replace the pocket itself.

They created a new mold for a larger badge? I think it can look as decent as the proto (which yes, doesn't look great) by cutting the badge and the pocket.

We are splitting some hairs in here!

We may be getting to atoms next.

That's hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, if there's truth to all humor, then there must be humor in truth.

Got my shipping notice for Luke, which should be arriving next Wednesday. I can't wait to be the final word on the headsculpt. :wink1:

Well, I don't think anyone will be the 'final word" on those head sculpts until the last figure leaves that warehouse... but it is going to be... interesting... to see the variety of pics and opinions that will start hitting now that it's shipping from SSC in full force...

Well, I don't think anyone will be the 'final word" on those head sculpts until the last figure leaves that warehouse... but it is going to be... interesting... to see the variety of pics and opinions that will start hitting now that it's shipping from SSC in full force...

Still, it will be a nice change from all the bickering and speculating based on nothing but photos and the opinions of a select few.

Prototype, production, Rorywan's cut badge pocket. Side by side.

5nqdxj.png

You can see that the colored squares are just becoming visible at the top of Rory's cut pocket window.

You can see that the prototype fig's badge has been cut down so that the bottom of badge is that little horizontal line linking the silver squares, whereas the production one has more below it (proto has the larger silver circles cut off, visible on the production one.)

So... if Rory cut off his badge at that horizontal line, the colored squares would show roughly as it does in the proto.

Whew... I should have just waited until it arrived and showed the mod.:lol

I'm going to take the badge out of the pocket and glue it on top of it.

I'm going to take the badge out of the pocket and glue it on top of it.

That's what Hasbro did on their Luke vest.

Sideshow should have just glued the rectangle of fabric to the badge then glued both on. The "practical" pocket is what has messed this up (and the fact that the badge they made is a bit too large.)

Back