1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20% VAT (€40) + Fedex Fees (€12) and Fedex Fees taxes (yes, you read that right (€2,50). Altogether, Luke's gonna cost me near €260

Make a FedEx account up and send Sideshow your account number, you won't be charged the €12 FedEx fee as it's linked direct to customs for your card.

Mine shipped and should be here on Thursday. Can't wait to see him in hand. I think he looks great other than the jacket. It doesn't look terrible, but definitely a step down from the prototype.

Here's a larger version of the proto v prod compare:

View attachment 173962

For those who feel there is not much of a shift from proto to production:

Notice the color change, missing highlights on the belt, the high-riding holster belt on the thigh, the odd sleeves, the shorter scarf, the vest that is too tight, badge issue, and the body which looks much taller (going by the boot size). Face seems to be the least of the problems.

FFS :slap Proto screwed by Sideshow again! Gotta dye the vest now too. So tired of their Bait & Switch. They suck.

20% VAT (€40) + Fedex Fees (€12) and Fedex Fees taxes (yes, you read that right (€2,50). Altogether, Luke's gonna cost me near €260

Ha! My VAT is luckily 22% so they got me a 50,08€ fee. then 12€ (fedex fees I suppose, here called administrative fees) + 10,22€ duty for a grand total of 72,30€.
I wanted Luke and Hans EX heads, but now I'm not so sure I want also Jango's and the scout rifle...

View attachment 172687
Great job Rory! I was planning on doing this exactly. Thanks for showing what it will look like. Do you have a link to your thread to show progress pics?

Looking at fixing the rank badge when this guy arrives early next week. Seems like it will be simple enough - carefully cut out the fabric "window" with an x-acto blade as Rory has done in the pic above, then cut down the rank badge itself the same way it was in the prototype (the bottom 1/3 of the plastic badge was cut off on the prototype figure.)

well hell I guess Hasbro got the color scheme right and sideshow goofed it up :slap

Surprisingly this isn't the first time either!

Yeah, I feel like I'm always the voice in the wilderness saying it, but looking beyond the awful paint, kung fu grip hands, left/right neutral boots and ginormous muscle bodies, Hasbro totally nailed so many details on those old figures.

That being said, the Hasbro Luke Hoth vest is wrong in many ways other than color. And re: the color, while the Hasbro does look perfect, I'll wait to check out the SSC vest in-hand before I make a judgement. It's a color that's dependent on lighting, a bit like the Imperial officer uniform - which in some pics it looks green, others grey. Luke's vest is sort of a salmon/tan color and the SSC one does look too grey in most pics, but in-hand it may work.

(the bottom 1/3 of the plastic badge was cut off on the prototype figure.)

Doesn't look that way to me. The window on the prototype, both the one shown at SDCC and the one photographed for the press shots, had a bigger (albeit badly cut out) window.

2159_press01.jpg

Make a FedEx account up and send Sideshow your account number, you won't be charged the €12 FedEx fee as it's linked direct to customs for your card.

I wish i could but looking into it on their website, it seems private can't open an account. Only businesses.

Ha! My VAT is luckily 22% so they got me a 50,08€ fee. then 12€ (fedex fees I suppose, here called administrative fees) + 10,22€ duty for a grand total of 72,30€.
I wanted Luke and Hans EX heads, but now I'm not so sure I want also Jango's and the scout rifle...

Same here. I still have Han, Jango, Scout and Tie Pilot on PO as i'm really interested in their Ex. First time in a while i have so many direct PO from Sideshow. Unfortunate that Euro is now back to parity with Dollar.

I wish i could but looking into it on their website, it seems private can't open an account. Only businesses.

Mmm strange, I have a private account and know lots of collectors who do. There is a thread about in the Ask Sideshow Questions part of the forum.

I'm not too worried about the color, as TaliBane said, a lot of that could just come down to the color of the lighting. One of Stealth's awesome shots on the left vs proto.

I'm not too worried about the color, as TaliBane said, a lot of that could just come down to the color of the lighting. One of Stealth's awesome shots on the left vs proto.

Lighting do make a big difference. Guess we can only be sure how the figure turn out, when we have one in hand.

Can't wait for my Tauntaun to arrive.

Back