1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep converted also.... Glad I jump on the list after I thought they were done making them.... Now that Hot Toys is selling SS Star Wars figures I'm wondering if this batch was meant for Asia and SS decided to steal a few to fill the orders on the wait list....

It's been known for a while another batch was coming overseas. Lots of etailers offered PO early this year for a release this december. It wasn't known if Sideshow direct would stock some though.

My wait list converted as well. I cancelled it, just can't afford it at this point, had it been before or a few months after the holidays, I might have kept it.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum though I have followed it for a while now.

My questions is, do they re-price the conversions? The original price is about $180 or so. Do they bump it up?

I want to know if I should jump on the ones on eBay or wait and see.

The price is the same as it's always been. It's on their web site, so there's no questions nor interpretations to be made. Just click on the waitlist button - it's sure to convert.

I've had this order since July and it hasn't converted. It shows the current price on the site but I was curious to see if they would sneak an updated price on the conversions.

If you've had it since July, it will surely convert. They likely took all the initial orders into consideration to plan their production volume.

If you've had it since July, it will surely convert. They likely took all the initial orders into consideration to plan their production volume.

Thanks. [Fingers crossed]

It's gonna be an expensive month: R2-D2, Shadow Trooper, Selina Kyle ( I finally got one from eBay for $180 shipped) and hopefully Boba Fett.

I was having a hard time deciding whether to keep my order or not, but in the end I think I will go ahead and keep it. When Hot Toys eventually releases their ESB/ROTJ Vader and Boba Fett, and if they are superior to the SSC versions, then I may sell the SSC figures and replace them with the HT versions. But since that day may more than a year from now I might as well enjoy the SSC figures in the meanwhile.

I was on the waitlist for a while and canceled. The pics next to Vader just made Boba seem so short, but everyone looks short next to SS Vader. What are the main knocks on this guy? The color and chest plate? Is that it?

With HT making the 1/4 scale boba, does that mean that HT doesn't have the license for a 1/6 scale boba?

My waitlist converted also. I'm debating keeping it -- but I already have a 1/6 SS vader!

With HT making the 1/4 scale boba, does that mean that HT doesn't have the license for a 1/6 scale boba?

They do. But since they're working with Sideshow, who has just re-released their 1/6 version, and HT themselves have just announced a 1/4 scale version, that's probably enough Boba to go around for a while. They don't want to make stuff that's going to sit on a shelf only to be discounted steeply the following year (crow, tonto, MoS, etc..) ;)

Frankly it's surprising as all hell that Sideshow is even re-releasing this guy, as the original run was available for sale for what seemed like an eternity. But I'm happy about it because I picked one up.

They do. But since they're working with Sideshow, who has just re-released their 1/6 version, and HT themselves have just announced a 1/4 scale version, that's probably enough Boba to go around for a while. They don't want to make stuff that's going to sit on a shelf only to be discounted steeply the following year (crow, tonto, MoS, etc..) ;)

Frankly it's surprising as all hell that Sideshow is even re-releasing this guy, as the original run was available for sale for what seemed like an eternity. But I'm happy about it because I picked one up.

Makes sense. Thanks for that.

I may just go ahead and get it. I'm not as picky with my figures as others. The issues wouldn't bother me as much. After I picked up my SS vader, I realized I needed another Star Wars figures for my mostly dominant dc/terminator collection.

Last edited:
Put my order in today. Hoping it doesn't convert for a month but excited. Said I would get free shipping if it went through.

I debated for a while and went ahead and cancelled my order. Wait list converted and too much on pre order already. I have ssc fett already through a trade for man of steel and have medicom rotj fett also. Really tempted to keep order, but 9 flex pays next month and do not want to risk being stuck with 2nd figure that I would break even or take a loss if I decided to sell. Do not see him holding value with ht's pumping out SW figures.

According to Sideshow a number of wait-list entries are converting and going to processing today, so if you're waiting around for a message, look out for it shortly.

I just cancelled my order a moment ago. Not because I didn't want it, but because their processing department can't issue me a PayPal invoice instead of charging to my credit card. I had to tell them it's PayPal or cancel the order.

I just cancelled my order a moment ago. Not because I didn't want it, but because their processing department can't issue me a PayPal invoice instead of charging to my credit card. I had to tell them it's PayPal or cancel the order.

That's pretty discouraging to hear. They were willing to lose a sale just because it would have taken a tiny bit of effort on their part to change the billing method?

That's pretty discouraging to hear. They were willing to lose a sale just because it would have taken a tiny bit of effort on their part to change the billing method?

They said they weren't set up to be able to do billing and there's no way to change an order to PayPal. The only way to use PayPal is when initially placing the order via the web site.

Yes, I realize it's technically possible to do regardless of what the rep may know about their site, but I wasn't going to sit and argue. It's something many other places have no issue accomplishing, such as Alter Ego. Hell, even my own store is fully automated, but I can definitely process a manual payment if I had to.

If they change the WAITLIST button on the item to a BUY button I can possibly put through a new transaction, but I don't know if that's going to happen. The funny thing is that I got on the wait list by using a BUY button in the first place when they listed the figure for purchase this past summer instead of adding it as wait-list only.

With foreign exchange the way it is now between USD and CAD, I'm not using my CC for any US purchases. It's a loss of up to 10% at the moment by doing so.

Back