1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just happened to check my CC statement and noticed I have been charged for this. Checked my order at Sideshow and the status is "shipping soon". Assuming it goes out today (or possibly Friday) then I should have this by mid to late next week. Pretty stoked. I just hope he doesn't look TOO small next to the giant SSC Vader.

They said they weren't set up to be able to do billing and there's no way to change an order to PayPal. The only way to use PayPal is when initially placing the order via the web site.

Yes, I realize it's technically possible to do regardless of what the rep may know about their site, but I wasn't going to sit and argue. It's something many other places have no issue accomplishing, such as Alter Ego. Hell, even my own store is fully automated, but I can definitely process a manual payment if I had to.

If they change the WAITLIST button on the item to a BUY button I can possibly put through a new transaction, but I don't know if that's going to happen. The funny thing is that I got on the wait list by using a BUY button in the first place when they listed the figure for purchase this past summer instead of adding it as wait-list only.

With foreign exchange the way it is now between USD and CAD, I'm not using my CC for any US purchases. It's a loss of up to 10% at the moment by doing so.

Yeah, that's one of my biggest gripes with Sideshow's waitlist option. On one hand it's a nice service, but on the other hand it is so limiting. You can't use coupon codes, you can't use reward points, you can't use Flex Pay, etc. In any event, hopefully they will put it up for regular sale and you can use PayPal then.

They said they weren't set up to be able to do billing and there's no way to change an order to PayPal. The only way to use PayPal is when initially placing the order via the web site.

Yes, I realize it's technically possible to do regardless of what the rep may know about their site, but I wasn't going to sit and argue. It's something many other places have no issue accomplishing, such as Alter Ego. Hell, even my own store is fully automated, but I can definitely process a manual payment if I had to.

If they change the WAITLIST button on the item to a BUY button I can possibly put through a new transaction, but I don't know if that's going to happen. The funny thing is that I got on the wait list by using a BUY button in the first place when they listed the figure for purchase this past summer instead of adding it as wait-list only.

With foreign exchange the way it is now between USD and CAD, I'm not using my CC for any US purchases. It's a loss of up to 10% at the moment by doing so.

Lots of little things like that drive me crazy with Sideshow. Don't get me wrong i love them but they are very inflexible. Not being able to take a Paypal payment in your case is ridiculous or not being able to do a packout on larger items because they don't have boxes the right size or not willing to write down the correct customs code on items, etc etc. So many small things that they can improve upon to take this company up a notch but just refuse to move on.

Damn, had no idea they were actually rereleasing this. Thought people in here were just discussing their old figures or mods or something. :p

Well I put myself on the waiting list, but sounds like it might be pretty iffy as to whether I'll get it.

I would wait, personally. Fett is overall pretty nice but there were a few things that really bugged me (primarily the boxy vest). It's only a matter of time until HT does theirs and then you can choose between them, at the very least.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if they'll do ESB to differentiate it from the quarter scale. Guess I would give ROTJ a slight edge, though.

Eh, screw the waiting list. Just got one off ebay for $174 and free shipping (I really need to stay away from that site).

Not sure what mods I'll have to make yet, but this isn't a character I'm really super picky about anyway, and from the pics I've seen it looks pretty damn cool as is.

I was really impressed with the detail and paint apps/decals. Sideshow did a very nice job on it overall. Think you'll be pleased with it in-hand.

I have and love this figure but after seeing the HT 1/4 scale it's like comparing Hasbro 4 inch to Sideshow.

Ok i exaggerate but the new Fett 1/4 looks perfect. If you are on the fence i would hold out for the HT, unless money is not a problem.

I have and love this figure but after seeing the HT 1/4 scale it's like comparing Hasbro 4 inch to Sideshow.

Ok i exaggerate but the new Fett 1/4 looks perfect. If you are on the fence i would hold out for the HT, unless money is not a problem.
Yeah. Because the Hot Toys Vader turned out soooo much better than Sideshow's, right? [emoji14]

Seriously, even if HT announced a 1/6 Fett tomorrow it would still be close to a year before it would be released. Might as well get the Sideshow version now. You could always sell it later if the HT version ends up being better

As awesome as that 1/4 figure looks, $469 is just a lot more than I would ever want to spend on a Boba Fett (or on any SW figure really). I'd much rather try my hand at improving the SS version.

As awesome as that 1/4 figure looks, $469 is just a lot more than I would ever want to spend on a Boba Fett (or on any SW figure really). I'd much rather try my hand at improving the SS version.

Mine is on the way. I have the Medicom version on a new RAH body. But I also want to try to improve the SS version once it arrive next week.

One thing I like about the Sideshow version is that it has a pretty awesome base. I do think Hot Toys eventually will make one just as good or better but I'm still tempted to get this in the mean time.

I don't know, man. I like he SS Fett. Still getting HT 1/4, though. My medi Fett disintegrated (so much for no disintegrations) and my Marmit was destroyed by my own negligence. I try to get every version of the Fett Man.

Not sure if I should cancel my 1/6th Boba for the 1/4th Hot Toys :dunno Advice?

Back