1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if I should cancel my 1/6th Boba for the 1/4th Hot Toys :dunno Advice?

I wouldn't transpose those two figures. The different scales make for extremely different experiences. You really should make your decision based on the scale you want to focus on.

And if you think you want to collect both scales (which would be obscenely expensive!), then I would maybe pick the HT 1/4 scale, knowing that HT will make a 1/6 version down the line which I would get as well. If you commit to collecting both scales then prepare to collect the same figure in both sizes!

Like I said, 1/4 scale is a completely different feel than 1/6 scale.

Reposed my boba with a bit of a good, the bad and the ugly vibe. love the versatility of the cape.

b0adcf77-b1b3-48a9-9c7c-95cdb92d410a_zps04b3c2bb.jpg

I wouldn't transpose those two figures. The different scales make for extremely different experiences. You really should make your decision based on the scale you want to focus on.

And if you think you want to collect both scales (which would be obscenely expensive!), then I would maybe pick the HT 1/4 scale, knowing that HT will make a 1/6 version down the line which I would get as well. If you commit to collecting both scales then prepare to collect the same figure in both sizes!

Like I said, 1/4 scale is a completely different feel than 1/6 scale.

How about cancelling the 1/6 sideshow and waiting for the Hot Toys, would that be wise? Or should I just try the SS one? I've never owned a hot toys figure before.

I don't know, man. I like he SS Fett. Still getting HT 1/4, though. My medi Fett disintegrated (so much for no disintegrations) and my Marmit was destroyed by my own negligence. I try to get every version of the Fett Man.

How in the world did Medi disintegrate? I have had mine for years and still seems perfect. Do you have pics?

How about cancelling the 1/6 sideshow and waiting for the Hot Toys, would that be wise? Or should I just try the SS one? I've never owned a hot toys figure before.
I'm thinking it might be quite a long while before they make a 1/6 version, considering all the time and effort they just put into the 1/4.
Yep, it's likely to be a bit of a wait. If you are primarily focused on Fett and not planning on getting a bunch of other HT SW stuff, then I'd say go for it. You can enjoy this Fett for a couple years and still probably get $100.00 for it after that, so cost of ownership is not too bad. On the other hand (and assuming funds are limited), if you're picking-up everything SW OT, plus have other pre-orders on the go, I'd take advantage of the gap and wait for HT's.

I personally think Sideshow's Fett is great, but there are many here with some real problems with the figure's accuracy. So they would probably tell you to wait and see what HT does. After seeing that HT didn't score the homerun we were all hoping for with Vader, HT isn't a sure bet in doing a better figure than Sideshow, especially with a figure that doesn't involve a head sculpt.

But if you wait for a HT Fett, you can be sure it will be $250+, possibly $300+ the way things are going. It MAY be better than Sideshow's but it's not a given anymore. With Sideshow's, you're only paying $175.

You could always keep your Sideshow order and wait to see how you like it in hand. If you don't like it, Sideshow will accept returns (but will not refund any shipping). Or you could sell it on your own.

Personally, if I was in your shoes I would probably cancel my Sideshow order and see what HT comes up with. Once you know what HT's looks like and how much it costs, you will be in a better position to compare. Chances are you will be able to easily buy a Sideshow Fett on Ebay or even this board for close to the original price when HT releases theirs. But you may be waiting a while since HT seems to be giving Sideshow time to sell their versions of figures before announcing their own.

Sorry for the long response! Hope that helps!

I agree it is, irezumi. I have it and love it. I have no intention of replacing it.

BUT, if I didn't have it I would probably wait just to see how the HT version comes out just to be able to compare properly.

BUT, if I didn't have it I would probably wait just to see how the HT version comes out just to be able to compare properly.

It's 1/4 scale, so unless you're going to pose it next to SSC's Deluxe Vader or the new HT Vader, it would probably look a bit large. If you shave a few mm off either Vader it should look OK though. ;)

I'll be happy when Hot Toys makes this in 1/6 because it needs a true type body pretty badly. Sideshow's isn't the best in that regard.

How in the world did Medi disintegrate? I have had mine for years and still seems perfect. Do you have pics?

No pics. This happened about two years ago but Medis do have a reputation for crumbling over time. Every one I've had has crumbled due to brittle plastic. I think it's just the luck of the draw with those figures. Wasn't a complete loss, I sold the outfit and weapons.

Frankly it's surprising as all hell that Sideshow is even re-releasing this guy, as the original run was available for sale for what seemed like an eternity. But I'm happy about it because I picked one up.

So what's the story here... I thought this figure was long sold out? I can't think of any time Sideshow has made more of a sold out figure; kind of shady if that's the case.

Would be funny to see if they fixed the vest... the Proto Boba ended up with a much better looking vest, bummer it was on the less desireable version :lol

I think it's part of whatever production problems they've been having over this past year. For whatever reason they needed to ship more to Europe and Australia and had to do a new run. This enabled them to waitlist it for web customers, but I'm not sure it will ever be 'available' on the site for regular purchase. I had to cancel my order and will only pick it up if I can do it with a PayPal payment - which isn't possible for a waitlist.

I think it's part of whatever production problems they've been having over this past year. For whatever reason they needed to ship more to Europe and Australia and had to do a new run. This enabled them to waitlist it for web customers, but I'm not sure it will ever be 'available' on the site for regular purchase. I had to cancel my order and will only pick it up if I can do it with a PayPal payment - which isn't possible for a waitlist.

Gotcha... still odd to see something like this released after so long. It kind of made sense with the Mythos Kenobi since they didn't release the edition of 2,000, but I figured this one was done a long time ago.

Back