1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So given the exposed Pro at the midsection was debunked, the Wookie braids are a non-issue, and the vest is now proving to be an easy fix (though retards will no doubt _____ about a simple boil 'n' dip being beyond their lowbrow capacity to comprehend), I wonder what the next point of contention will be amongst the bandwagon Sideshow haters. :lol

The only problem I see is the neck/shoulder armor is overlapping the top chest armor, there should be a gap as seen below:

star-wars-episode-v-the-empire-strikes-back-20100521030851241.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

Last edited:
So given the exposed Pro at the midsection was debunked, the Wookie braids are a non-issue, and the vest is now proving to be an easy fix (though retards will no doubt _____ about a simple boil 'n' dip being beyond their lowbrow capacity to comprehend), I wonder what the next point of contention will be amongst the bandwagon Sideshow haters. :lol

Someone was complaining about the girth belt being red when it is clearly brown. :dunno

I just keep staring at the after pictures... such a dramatic difference. I really had hoped it was just a piece of plastic under the armor; happy to see it was such an easy fix.

Although it looks better it exposes the lower mid section too much, and belt area looks funny, the armor should be sitting lower. Again this is something none of us should even be having to do...PERIOD. I did end up cancellling my exclusive version, so I'm not just talking, they are not getting my money on this guy.

I really wish we could all collectively agree and send back these figures demanding better of SSC, ah if only .....

Boba usually has something across his mid section, but you can see that the SSC figure actually has the vest/armor at the right place.

BobaFettMain2.jpg

1.jpg

Does the rangefinder rotate downward?

Sure does:

IMG_0821.jpg

Here's a couple other shots, different angles. I was happy with him out of the box, but I am really, really happy with him now:

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

And thanks for all your kind words guys! I'm by no means the world's greatest customizer, but this was a pretty easy fix...and even if you don't do anything, this figure is still pretty amazing!

Finally received my long due shipping notice. But it looks like I won't be getting him until next week, so it's another weekend to wait. :(

Until then, I guess I'll just read up on all the fixes required.

But I must say Boba looks fantastic in Billy Ray's pics! I'll be thrilled if I can manage that, can't wait to have him in hand.

Cool poses in Rubio's pics too.

Is there any way of doing the hot water trick without getting the plastic on the back wet and causing it to shrink? Also, what is water treatment? How would you do it for the braids?

Sheesh, finally got a shipping notice....looks like Friday the 13th will be lucky for me! I'm digging the hot water solution so far, though honestly I'm not sure if I'll go to that length in attempting to fix the issue. I suppose I'll have decide when he gets here!

Now here's what I did...

I didn't really have any intention of messing with him, but since I had him taken apart, I figured I would see what I could do with some hot water...

If you choose to try this, proceed at your own risk! I heated up some water in the microwave just shy of boiling, about 3 minutes on high, pretty hot but not boiling. Dipped just the bottom of the vest in for about 20 sec or so and bent the bottom plate to my liking. Here's the thing though, the clear plastic backing acted almost like a shrinky dink and kind of got a little warped as you can see below. Not really a big deal to me, it's hidden and still functional but, once again, proceed at you own risk If the water had been hotter, or I left it in longer, this may have proven disastorous!

IMG_0804.jpg

Anyway, with some curvature in the ab plate, I decided to put him all back together after letting things cool and dry and this is the result:

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Since I had the water out, I went ahead and water treated the Wookiee scalps as well. They are still wet in these pics:

IMG_0810.jpg

And here he is, all put back together:

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

And there it is... Easy fix. :rock Awesome work, Billy Ray!!!!

Back