1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the unboxing vid Emerae, nice stuff, hopefully you can get you vest to where you're happy with it.

Btw, is the vest pleather?

i believe it can be tighten but i discovered the major casue of the box shape....basically there is a piece of see through plastic glued under the front of the vest...dunno why the hell they glued that thing there??? i wouldn't dare to unscrew the back and take off the vest for now... better let someone else do it :panic:

That sounds good. We don't know yet how removing it would affect the chest armour, but if it's necessary for them to stay in place maybe replace the plastic with something that'll give a more flattering shape to the vest?

After watching emarae's unboxing video, I'm feeling a lot better about this figure. He'll look great in my collection.

I guess I will have to wait until after SDCC to get my Boba. Great job deciding to ship this figure so close to SDCC, SS!:slap Anyone else in the same predicament?

Just curious what is the exact price when you stop with the "sir, thank you sir, may I have another" trolling for Sideshow?

You are willing to slam Hot Toys figures that are just $15 more (e.g. Hawkeye) so I am curious what changes in less than a 10% price increase that flips you from apologist to harsh critic.

Says the HT polesquatter. Honestly, it's about the character and the value in it. I've owned the Marmit, and the Medi (which was only $25 less than Sideshow's, had a body that broke if you looked at it funny, was actually 1/7th scale and had to have the rifle boil-n-dipped to get it bent straight). While I think the base with Boba is an unnecessary price hike, he's still the best Boba Fett for your $$$. Oh, and only a complete and total imbecile would compare a 32-year-old pop culture icon like Boba Fett to Hawkeye, a c-list avenger, and expect others to agree with the comparison. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
IMG_4597.jpg

suckerpunchcc11small.jpg

That's what I saw, what came to mind, when I saw that picture :lol :lol :lol

You know what makes this a superior figure? Its not a cheap plastic piece of crap medicom. :lecture

I can't believe I was so worried about the vest I actually considered buying a medicrap to modify. I would have had a $800 figure by the time the Medicrap didn't look like a (slightly) enlarged Hasbro 3.75".

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

You know what makes this a superior figure? Its not a cheap plastic piece of crap medicom. :lecture

I can't believe I was so worried about the vest I actually considered buying a medicrap to modify. I would have had a $800 figure by the time the Medicrap didn't look like a (slightly) enlarged Hasbro 3.75".

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

And that's assuming you could even get the medi vest over the Sideshow pro. :lol

What the hell is arsenal?

Some pics of this look pretty great and he looks to be the best Boba Fett yet. I ain't got no regrets.

I thought someone would have done this already.
The vest is easy to remove and is kind of sturdy considering; its the clear plastic backing that makes it sturdy. To remove the vest take off the hands and gauntlets (these look very fragle), pop off the head and remove screws from the back (these go into the figure body, so body replacement will be an issue), remove the back/neck armor (loose at this point), un-velcro the vest (or adjust to tighten), adjust arms and remove vest carefully (the braids are attached and can snag).

I don't think the plates are glued to the vest and backing, think plastic rivets, a plastic post is heated and pressed onto the backing. Each plate is attached like this at 2-4 points. The backing does flex some but wants to hold a straight shape.

Futzing minimizes the blocky-ness but does not seem to eliminate it. Loosening the vest seems to give it a curve at the front but new holes will be needed in the vest for the screws. For me straightening the body and having the belt at the bottom of the vest to hide the gap and make the slight remaining blocky-ness seem more natural.

The blocky-ness seems part due to the solid one piece backing being larger than the armor, and the figure body being too thin; my first thoughts are to trim the backing on the sides closer to the edge of the armor, and maybe trimming the backing between the armor pieces so the armor pieces might "float" on the vest. I am not sure how to do this without cutting the vest or breaking the armor (and of course need to work up the guts to do it), others i am sure will have no problem with it.

The vest is easy to remove and is kind of sturdy considering; its the clear plastic backing that makes it sturdy. To remove the vest take off the hands and gauntlets (these look very fragle), pop off the head and remove screws from the back (these go into the figure body, so body replacement will be an issue), remove the back/neck armor (loose at this point), un-velcro the vest (or adjust to tighten), adjust arms and remove vest carefully (the braids are attached and can snag).

I don't think the plates are glued to the vest and backing, think plastic rivets, a plastic post is heated and pressed onto the backing. Each plate is attached like this at 2-4 points. The backing does flex some but wants to hold a straight shape.

Futzing minimizes the blocky-ness but does not seem to eliminate it. Loosening the vest seems to give it a curve at the front but new holes will be needed in the vest for the screws. For me straightening the body and having the belt at the bottom of the vest to hide the gap and make the slight remaining blocky-ness seem more natural.

The blocky-ness seems part due to the solid one piece backing being larger than the armor, and the figure body being too thin; my first thoughts are to trim the backing on the sides closer to the edge of the armor, and maybe trimming the backing between the armor pieces so the armor pieces might "float" on the vest. I am not sure how to do this without cutting the vest or breaking the armor (and of course need to work up the guts to do it), others i am sure will have no problem with it.

Aewsome info, thanks. :clap

will try that once it arrives:wave:goodpost:

I just want to add that I owned the Medi ROTJ Boba (gave it to a good friend for his birthday last year) and it is a fantastic figure, imperfections aside. I was hesitant to give it away, but my friend is a Boba Fett fanboy. There were many times that I would look over at my diplay and think that it looks like an actual little man in a costume. That being said, I can't wait to get the SSC Fett, mod the vest, and be able to look over at Fett and admire once more.

Back