1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i believe it can be tighten but i discovered the major casue of the box shape....basically there is a piece of see through plastic glued under the front of the vest...dunno why the hell they glued that thing there??? i wouldn't dare to unscrew the back and take off the vest for now... better let someone else do it :panic:

Hmm, now that's interesting. If that can somehow be removed it'll make a huge difference.

i believe it can be tighten but i discovered the major casue of the box shape....basically there is a piece of see through plastic glued under the front of the vest...dunno why the hell they glued that thing there??? i wouldn't dare to unscrew the back and take off the vest for now... better let someone else do it :panic:
Yeah, that's what I suspected as the vest doesn't just look too big, it looks molded. Pretty sure it has everything to do with it making it easier to attach the plates and keeping them in place. Not sure how easy a fix it will be but looking forward to seeing what happens.

Hmm, now that's interesting. If that can somehow be removed it'll make a huge difference.
Wondering if doing so will cause the plates to detach, though? But yeah, that would be great if there's a really gentle way to do it that won't mess-up the front.

I'm worried about the sturdiness of the plates once that happens. I think I'll be waiting for someone to do this first. Before Thursday please!

I'm worried about the sturdiness of the plates once that happens. I think I'll be waiting for someone to do this first. Before Thursday please!

Wuss.....lol Are the chest armor pieces screwed into this plastic piece? Its coming out of mine either way..id rather glue the armor onto the vest than have some wonky straight peice of plastic holding them in. If they are snapped on..you could heat up the plastic and bend it also to form his chest so its not like he stuck an iron stove door under his shirt in hopes to protect from bullets.

3. The cumber bun. I havent heard anyone post this, but the ESB version is brown..as the ROTJ is red...the proto had the correct brown as the in hand pics show a red one. This one probably doesnt bother many people but pisses me off the most because it demonstrates the lack of care or attention the most to me. This is something so easy and they had it right but somewhere along the line someone decided.."hey I am going to totally change this and have no basis for it"

Nice catch, with everything else wrong with this figure nobody noticed it. The color isn't even good for a ROTJ fett as it's too light a red, almost an orange/red? Oh well, just add this the the growing list of "fixes" for this $175 + shipping figure. :dunno

Last edited:
If it doesn't work just glue that piece back in again. It's all going to be hidden.

Seems like it's worth a try.
Yeah, true, I guess it's not irreversible. Actually, the best solution in my books would be if the plates can be removed without damage and re-attached to a custom vest more like the proto. Beyond all the other issues with the current vest, I still don't like the poofiness at Boba's shoulders. Here's hoping one of the talented folks here or at RS makes some.

I think they should classify this fett as a Kit
If the vest can be modded, I'll be happy with him. Does make me wonder why SSC doesn't seem to do the production research necessary to have the production piece match the proto, though. I'd rather have paid an extra $20.00 or whatever it would've cost to have the vest match the proto.

Not sure if anyone would find my video interesting, but I did a quick sort of unboxing of my Boba Fett a few days ago to share with everyone. Quite disappointed with the chest armor myself. Not a bad figure otherwise that looks better once played around with and posed.

[ame]https://youtu.be/9aEjIeyD7g0[/ame]

Not sure if anyone would find my video interesting, but I did a quick sort of unboxing of my Boba Fett a few days ago to share with everyone. Quite disappointed with the chest armor myself. Not a bad figure otherwise that looks better once played around with and posed.

https://youtu.be/9aEjIeyD7g0

Thanks for the video..just a side note..those "weapons" for fett...he always has them on..the shin tools go into the flap on his jumpsuit on his shins..you should put them in there..and the handgun in his holster (It was actually a spear gun until they turned it into a prop)

Agreed, Kuat. The extra pics posted today indicate that he's fixable, which is great.

Thanks for vid, emarae. He really is a great figure, aside from that dang vest. Details all look great and the weathering seems to me far beyond what they're doing with the clones.

My plan..depending on what it is once I get him, is to theoretically remove the vest..heat it up so the glue melts and remove this plastic piece.

I'm going to take a shot at fixing the vest once my Fett arrives, although that wont be until probably Friday or later. My last flex payment is Tuesday. If no one has posted pics/instructions by then, I will. I'll at least share whatever I come up with. I am handy with a needle and thread, so I may resort to that if need be. Maybe even make a new vest. I don't know yet. All I know is Fett looks great except for his puffy chest, and I can't wait to have him.

Thanks for the video..just a side note..those "weapons" for fett...he always has them on..the shin tools go into the flap on his jumpsuit on his shins..you should put them in there..and the handgun in his holster (It was actually a spear gun until they turned it into a prop)

Yeah, I literally just opened up the box and just took out the figure and stand to do the video real quick. I didn't realize what all the parts were until afterwards and even completely forgot about showing the light up base stand! I guess the chest plate thing just distracted me so much as a first impression..! The pants also seem a bit tighter than they should be in my opinion.

I'm going to take a shot at fixing the vest once my Fett arrives, although that wont be until probably Friday or later. My last flex payment is Tuesday. If no one has posted pics/instructions by then, I will. I'll at least share whatever I come up with. I am handy with a needle and thread, so I may resort to that if need be. Maybe even make a new vest. I don't know yet. All I know is Fett looks great except for his puffy chest, and I can't wait to have him.

If you decide to make a vest..the material in the film is tackle twill...not easy to find..but it has a sheen to it.

:woo

Looking forward to what you come up with, jpf1138.

I just took a pic of the back and see what you guys make of it...

IMG_4597.jpg

Looking at the size of those screws that plastic piece must be thick,3/32 to 1/8 of an inch? And there's also a piece under/inside the front of the vest? It would be interesting to find out why they did this? Without removing this the vest issue won't get fixed, but does this create other issues that are why this was done?

Looking at the size of those screws that plastic piece must be thick,3/32 to 1/8 of an inch? And there's also a piece under/inside the front of the vest? It would be interesting to find out why they did this? Without removing this the vest issue won't get fixed, but does this create other issues that are why this was done?
I am willing to bet they put the plastic in the front to have something solid to attach the armor plating to. Maybe this is also the reason that the chest looks boxy. :dunno

Back