1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just about to ask this in the thread as my favorite Euro-toyshop also has a preorder. I have close to zero interest in Boba, but it is sorta interesting.

The different markets seem to live separate lives anyway, there is stuff that permanently goes out of stock in the US (no way of knowing about Asia) and in Europe it's still on pre-order.

I checked a little better and it says:

Pre-Order
Estimated time of arrival:
1st Quarter 2015
Barcode: 747720208995
Product no.: SS2128
Sideshow
Product:1/6 Figure
Theme:Star Wars
Size:30 cm (12")
Scale:1:6
Weight:1.50 kg
Material:pVC (with fabrics)
Packaging:Box
Edition size:Size unknown
This item was sold out and
is now being reproduced
by the manufacturer!

This doesn't surprise me, Sideshow recently posted that they didn't produce all of the run for the original Baroness PF and that they were considering having more made to bring themup to the total they originally claimed was cap, so apparently they don't always produce as many as they claim.

The PF are probably all the replacements and refurbs they need to make on returns to get them back up to MISB.
That's a good sign Stormtroopers would also get restocked.

so do we think this is something that is going to go up on Sideshow site or is it only through these retailers. I missed out on him the first time.

I came to this thread looking for some more information on the possible SS Boba Fett re-release.

I'm in Australia and one of our retailers has him listed for pre order on their website. Available Dec. 2014.

I'm thinking that if Sideshow had discovered some additional stock it would be available immediately. Here's what the Aussie seller is saying...

"Sideshow Collectibles present the ever-popular Bounty Hunter, Boba Fett! A 2012 release in their Sixth Scale Scum & Villainy series of Sixth Scale Figures, Boba has already sold out once, but we managed to get our hands on some additional stock to save all you folk who missed out the first time around!"

Very interesting that Sideshow has not announced a re-release.

I too missed out on this figure first time around. Now I need him to go with my Sideshow Vader.

I just got news from a fellow board member that sideshow are infact doing another run. I cant understand why ss wouldnt anounce this

I hope so. They have the "Reservation Button" for the Snowtrooper at Sideshow web site. Hope Boba Fett will have it soon.

Which snowtrooper? Sixth scale?

1/6 Snowtrooper. It was stated in my points reward monthly report from Sideshow. The 1/6 Snowtrooper is listed as one of the item I can spend my points.
So I click that link and submitted my reservation. I hope they will also do the same thing for Boba Fett as I don't have this figure yet.

The snowtrooper is waitlisted now. Just before christmas it was definately out of stock. I ordered it from a european seller and they had a difficult time getting it through their distributors. In the end I think they got it from another toystore in the US since it was out of stock with everyone else.

I just joined the waitlist for the snowtrooper, but is it even gettable at this point? Might just cancel that if it's too late.

As Jun A said it is in the monthly reward report e-mail, missed that when I got mine, so it should be in the realm of possibility then. If there are enough people on waitlist maybe they will do more like they apparently will do with Boba.

Man I was hoping that SSC would announce a ROTJ version of Boba Fett but with the ESB version getting a re-release that may be some time away now. :mad:

Here's a photo of Boba from RotJ.

ugh-tyson-recalls-more-ground-beef-over-e-coli-scare.jpg

After the Sarlacc pit, obviously. ;)

you obviously haven't read the books BUT Fett survived the pit dude. after the return he escaped from the sarlacc's glutches since it takes years to digest ...and now you know.good for you!LoL

Pfffft, books. If it didn't happen in the movies, it's not Star Wars, that's my motto and I'm sticking to it (PT excluded of course). Besides, that's not a picture of digested Boba, just a chewed up Boba. You did see the teeth on the Sarlacc right? ;) If you look carefully you can make out little bits of his armor.

Pfffft, books. If it didn't happen in the movies, it's not Star Wars, that's my motto and I'm sticking to it (PT excluded of course). Besides, that's not a picture of digested Boba, just a chewed up Boba. You did see the teeth on the Sarlacc right? ;) If you look carefully you can make out little bits of his armor.

the grand wizard himself mr. Lucas has stated that the books, comics and toons are an important continuity for the star wars universe so they do count i'm afraid to say so...maybe looking up some Lucas interview videos on utube will help you out since you don't care to read about it ..lol.

peace out
Miguel

Pffft, Lucas… That guy was responsible for the PT. Midichlorians my arse. Zing.

Sideshow Boba is on my wanted list, but only because of the really nice job Sideshow has done with the figure (some necessary mods not withstanding). As far as the character goes, I can take him or leave him. He was pretty superfluous in the movies, which really didn't make any "bad" characters other than Vader and the Emperor fearsome or capable at all.

As far as canon goes, we'll have to see what they do in the new movies. ;)

Back