1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently picked up a set of EX Battle Droids but they wont stand up for me, they kinda do but I dont fancy them falling over so I have to find a way of making them stand upright on a glass shelf.

I was thinking of using magnets on the underside of my detolf shelf to attach to the metal plates in their feet and hold them upright.

Has anyone else done this?

That is exactly what they are doing. But if you want I am sure you can find a person on the forum to trade the clean/damaged droid for the one they don't want. There is bound to be someone out there looking for that deal.

These can be found all over the place. Cheap. I own over 25 of them. Not counting the set from SSC I think I paid less then $40 each.

I recently picked up a set of EX Battle Droids but they wont stand up for me, they kinda do but I dont fancy them falling over so I have to find a way of making them stand upright on a glass shelf.

I was thinking of using magnets on the underside of my detolf shelf to attach to the metal plates in their feet and hold them upright.

Has anyone else done this?

Get some super magnets, wal*mart has a 4 pack for $4. There's metal on the feet so the magnets with metal thru glass should work.

I agree! post your droid army!

You know what i think would be pretty awesome? other droids such as the Magna guard, crab droid, dwarf spider droid ect. though now that general grievous is coming out, they should definitely should make some magna guards! It would only make sense, in my opinion. I know they were not nearly as shown in the movies as the usual battle, super droid and the droidekas but a dwarf spider droid and a carb droid would be superb! I mean, they made the Probe droid and that was only shown once for a total of 30 secs.

I'm sure they'll make the Magna Guards at some point. But I don't think they wanted to make a figure that would take almost as much effort as Grievous himself, just to release as a companion figure.

We know they're making the Super Battle Droid and the Droideka, just not sure how far along they are, or if they're even past the planning stage.

Those other droids are a very long shot, unlikely in my opinion.

Very true but it is a very important droid in to protect Grievous and the droid army. I highly doubt they would ever plan on making the other droids. It would be a great joy for a fan of the C.I.S. like me but as long as they make the super battle droid and the droideka, I think I'll live :wink1:

Very true but it is a very important droid in to protect Grievous and the droid army. I highly doubt they would ever plan on making the other droids. It would be a great joy for a fan of the C.I.S. like me but as long as they make the super battle droid and the droideka, I think I'll live :wink1:

Same for me, Supers and Droidekas are essential, Magna guards are less so, but they'd still be welcome and will probably be made at some point. The rest are unlikely.

You don't think so? Like it or not, he was the major villain in Phantom, and a second level villain in both sequels. He has more screen time than Dooku or Grievous. It would be a shame not to make him. Even more so considering he's basically a head sculpt with an elaborate costume(s)

I know I seem t be in the minority, but I really want the Nemoidians made. We need Nute and Rune.

I've totally all for a Nute and Rune. I've been wanting them to be made in 1/6 scale form for years. Unfortunately, they'd probably only get one release, their TPM costumes, when I'd prefer their ROTS costumes.

I've totally all for a Nute and Rune. I've been wanting them to be made in 1/6 scale form for years. Unfortunately, they'd probably only get one release, their TPM costumes, when I'd prefer their ROTS costumes.

I'm glad there's some scumbag Nemoidian love here, and I'm not the only one lol.

TPM will get the release, if there is one, but I agree that the ROTS are nicer. Nute and Rune had really nice costumes for the amount of screen time.

I'm glad there's some scumbag Nemoidian love here, and I'm not the only one lol.

TPM will get the release, if there is one, but I agree that the ROTS are nicer. Nute and Rune had really nice costumes for the amount of screen time.

Ild be in some nute love.

I know I seem t be in the minority, but I really want the Nemoidians made. We need Nute and Rune.

I would totally be on board for that...either one or both....

You don't think so? Like it or not, he was the major villain in Phantom, and a second level villain in both sequels. He has more screen time than Dooku or Grievous. It would be a shame not to make him. Even more so considering he's basically a head sculpt with an elaborate costume(s)

...and it's those elaborate costumes that could be the real challenge here to pull off at this scale...finding the appropriate fabrics and textiles that looked right could be tough....they might have to even resort to having some specialty fabrics made for these characters and that would be incredibly expensive and make the figures even more so.

Sideshow has been really creative at doing some of these outfits that are a little more of a challenge scale-wise to get right...the Tusken Raider looks really good and the textiles work really well...Bossk is another one who's gear is really well done.

Yes, there are some hardcore collectors that would go for it, but I don't know if there would be enough to make it a worthy production run for Sideshow to invest in what it would take to get these looking right. Don't know if the demand is there. But we can dream, can't we?

I'd love to see those stunted slimes done in sixth-scale....

Do you think elaborate costumes are more expensive to create than armor? The TPM costumes are not quite as detailed as the ROTS costumes, but there's still a lot going on. I suppose that could be the reason even Hasbro didn't make them Nemoidians.

No, I know people aren't clamouring to get Nute and Rune, but I do believe they're one of those characters that, once released, a lot of people would actually go for. They're not obscure characters, and I have a feeling people who collect PT stuff, like Jedi and all the clones, would welcome some more PT bad guys.

A real long shot that I dream about Sideshow making is Poggle the Lesser.

Back