1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would buy for sure, but I think the ship has sailed on any tertiary characters from the prequels. Least that's where I'd put my money.

Really? That would be a shame. I mean, I'm all for OT figures, if they said they were only doing those characters I'd be more than happy about it. But if you're going to do prequel characters, you should actually do them, not just 50 clones.

Would buy for sure, but I think the ship has sailed on any tertiary characters from the prequels. Least that's where I'd put my money.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Considering that all we've seen from Sideshow trickling out is stuff we know has been in the pipeline before Diz bought SW and HT is still dragging their heels on the next figure (Anakin or Han...or an EpVII character(s))...I think we're nearing the end of days on any SW collectibles related to the OT or PT.

Once EpVII hits....it's gonna be al Diz-SW all the time.

I'm going to save a fortune....

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Considering that all we've seen from Sideshow trickling out is stuff we know has been in the pipeline before Diz bought SW and HT is still dragging their heels on the next figure (Anakin or Han...or an EpVII character(s))...I think we're nearing the end of days on any SW collectibles related to the OT or PT.

Glad im not the only one .....

Sort of trailed off topic but, yeah I'm gladly down for some Nemodian love. I think Nute and Rune from TPM would be my favorite version of the characters and given the focus on CW and Rebels, Cad Bane would be a no-brainer. If Sideshow can produce Cantina/Jabba's palace characters, I would hope the above characters are at least somewhere down the pipeline.

Really hope thats not the case, but if it is, I think I will have come to some closure with my collecting. I'm willing to give Disney a chance. And I really hope to be blown away, but even during the Lucas era, there was always some generous focus on what came before, i.e. the Originals. Some people may not like what he chose to do or how he revisited, but the Lucas Licensing Machine has been a juggernaut bouncing back and forth between the two trilogys since as early as 1997. Now that Disney owns the franchise and they plan on releasing movies every year or every other year, I don't know that they would want brand confusion competing for the attention/$$$ of their next hot project.

That would be a shame really, but you can only saturate the market so much.

Yeah, I don't see them them putting a stop to OT figures. They're purposely trying to connect the new film to the OT, Disney isn't stupid, they know the OT is money.

PT figures may get the axe, or at lease fewer and fewer releases. They really do need to get some bad guys done before that happens though.

Ill make a call on that when they actually make the movie

anyone selling any of their battle droids. i have plenty of oom-9 but barely any infantry droids -__-

Think I may pick up another infantry. Putting together sets of two characters per movie (with no doubles) and was thinking Maul and an infantry for TPM

Hey guys I was having this discussion somewhere else, and I know we've talked about it waaay back in this thread and in the OOM-9 one as well, about the necks being way too short on Sideshow's droids. Some people had thought the backpack was too big, and while it is a bit bulkier, it's not actually much bigger than the film packs. A friend of mine made this quick mock up to show the differences between the film and figure droids.

The neck thing has been bugging the crap out of me since these were released and I just wanted to share my pain lol. The news of the new Geonosis set reignited my frustration with this issue.

I know that the necks were shortened in order for them to retract and fit inside the body, but I just really hate having the accuracy of the figure changed for the sake of a gimmick. Especially one that no one really uses and is inaccurate itself anyway. It's not even the way the droids folded up in the film.

Battledroidsideby.jpg

I love these figures and I love the Battle Droid design, I'm not just being a nitpicker (though there's lots you could nitpick on this figure), I'm just disappointed that after finally getting a 1/6 Battle Droid from Sideshow it has such an obvious and irritating flaw.

Last edited:
I wonder when SS is going to release the pilot droid? I have a feeling that it might be either shortly before or after comic-con since the have the geonosis droids and OOM-9 being released so soon with the security and Grievous.
on another note, I am kinda tempted to build a large scale geonosis battle droid army (maybe 12 droids?) like I wanted to with the regular edition (only have 5). the only issue that I started collecting last year and they have been hard to come by.

I had the exclusive droid set for a month before selling it.

The neck thing pushed me to sell also. That and I was afraid of sneezing and breaking them.

With 3 sets of droids on the way, I'd be surprised if they announced the pilots any time soon. They won't want to have the set compete against each other when they can spread them out and get us to buy all of them.

For my part, i think the pilot could be released in some sort of pack. IMO, he has not the same appeal as other battle droïds as he's not a combat unit per say. Packing it with a Neimodian or a large accessory would be a smart move from Sideshow.

Back