1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone selling any of their battle droids. i have plenty of oom-9 but barely any infantry droids -__-

I have had lots of affordable shots at the droid 2 pack and STAP to build an army...I can't find an OOM-9...

yea, they are becoming increasingly hard to come by and are going up in price when you do find one. most are going for almost 200. I just need at least 2 more regular battle droids and I think I would be happy with that amount. would have to make room for the supers and destroyers

I agree. While everyone may not like the overall design of the supers, I think they looked fine. Their bulky, tank-like appearance gave them much more of an intimidating feel then the regular battle droids. the Destroyers will be superb. I really hope they will allow you to ball them up but if not, that's fine.

I can live without being able to roll them up. I'd really rather they didn't compromise the accuracy of the droid just to make it roll up. They changed things on the regular B1 in order to have it fold down and the changes still drive me nuts. The Destroyer being able to roll like that would be physically impossible anyway, just movie magic.

I really like the Supers too. Thankfully they didn't have another function of some sort, so Sideshow doesn't have to pull a gimmick, just make a straight up figure.

I can live without being able to roll them up. I'd really rather they didn't compromise the accuracy of the droid just to make it roll up. They changed things on the regular B1 in order to have it fold down and the changes still drive me nuts. The Destroyer being able to roll like that would be physically impossible anyway, just movie magic.
I really like the Supers too. Thankfully they didn't have another function of some sort, so Sideshow doesn't have to pull a gimmick, just make a straight up figure.

Nope the design can, I customized a Hasbro version. Below is Hasbro's latest unmodified, but I'll explain how it can.

sw1dd1.jpg

You see the thing is about the design is, the legs need to swivel at the orb base, the head needs to slide and the abdomen needs to crease which with the Hasbro toy was solved by a rubber bendable. The rest is simple jointing.

If i had to choose between one that could ball up or one that was completely movie accurate, than of course I would choose the movie accurate version. But the idea of maybe having both, though highly unlikely, would be superb. Only for the simple reason of showing them in ball form, and than standard attack form. Another thing they could do instead of doing the ability to ball up is to produce an accessory to imitate their shield. But my only problem with it is that they would have to make it look perfect.

From Phantom:

There's 3 big ship's wheels on the bridge of the Neimoidian ship, the droids seem to steer with them, or do something, apparently. This would be the coolest accessory for them, in my opinion.

starwars1-movie-screencapscom-229.jpg

starwars1-movie-screencapscom-396.jpg

Pilot_Battle_Droids.png

From Sith:

starwars3-movie-screencapscom-830.jpg

starwars3-movie-screencapscom-851.jpg

It would be pretty awesome to have a bunch of pilot droids with general grievous and some magna droids to recreate the scene with them in the command center!

yea, they are becoming increasingly hard to come by and are going up in price when you do find one. most are going for almost 200. I just need at least 2 more regular battle droids and I think I would be happy with that amount. would have to make room for the supers and destroyers

If you didn't pick these figures up when they were at retail, I agree its kinda hard to justify paying big bucks on the secondary market.. with the exception of the S.T.A.P set, they are fairly basic figures, particularly OOM-9.

It would be pretty awesome to have a bunch of pilot droids with general grievous and some magna droids to recreate the scene with them in the command center!

With lit up display. SSC seems to be really good with lighting up stuff these days. :dance

Actually, I would prefer a diorama of the area big enough to house grievous and a couple of pilot droids. I doubt it would ever happen but imagine a command room with light up screens with droids looking like they are flying the ship ;D awesome!

Sideshow has made the infantry with OOM-9 and security (brown shoulders) and they just PO the Geonosis, are there are other colors or versions announced? I want to pick up a group of them for a little army building, but not sure which group to build. OOM-9 is way too expensive on the secondary, and the Geonosis pair and OOM -9 are easy to PO and cheaper.

Back