1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOM wil be great-- but having Grievous flanked by two of these guys is going to look reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly cool.

Grievous flanked by the Magna Guards will look even cooler!!!!!

but these guys will be great nonetheless...judging by the SDCC pics ;)

Really? He's one of my absolute favorites. I love his design and his voice. That said, I'm also disappointed we didn't get to see Vader slay him. I was hoping it'd be on the deleted scenes of the blu-ray, but of course it wasn't.

tambor02.jpg

Anakinwat3tf.jpg

Yea, the character design is alright. My buddy who kinda doesn't really care for Star Wars used to always do Wat's voice perfect while making fun of the character and i would be in serious stitches, same when he does Watto.

I can't wait to collect these Battle Droids and hope we see some Super Battle Droids and Droidekas with a cheap-ish transparent shield effect packed in with them.

Yea, the character design is alright. My buddy who kinda doesn't really care for Star Wars used to always do Wat's voice perfect while making fun of the character and i would be in serious stitches, same when he does Watto.

I can't wait to collect these Battle Droids and hope we see some Super Battle Droids and Droidekas with a cheap-ish transparent shield effect packed in with them.

Hehe, I do Wat Tambor quite well, too. He's one of my favorite voices to impersonate. :p

And yeah, I'm almost positive we will have some Droidekas in the somewhat near future. Sideshow has been really inventive with their sculpts as of late, and I have no doubt they will eventually come up with a way to make a 1:6 Droideka that can roll up into a ball.

Hehe, I do Wat Tambor quite well, too. He's one of my favorite voices to impersonate. :p

And yeah, I'm almost positive we will have some Droidekas in the somewhat near future. Sideshow has been really inventive with their sculpts as of late, and I have no doubt they will eventually come up with a way to make a 1:6 Droideka that can roll up into a ball.

I have faith in Sideshow in making the Droideka, but it's the shield that troubles me. I mean a 1/6 shield for the droideka would be as big a small TV.

These droids are incredible!!! Always hoped SSCs would really flex their muscle and push the engineering envelope. They out did themselves here. This thing has TONS of articulation and the design is just as smart/clever as anything Hot Toys would/ have produced.

Nice work SSCs! Encore! Really excited to see IG-88 & Grevious now. Man, these are really really well done. Ball jointed hips, swivel ankles, ball hinged thumbs, ab crunch...these things are loaded!!!

And the back pack does fit on the figure in storage mode.

These droids are incredible!!! Always hoped SSCs would really flex their muscle and push the engineering envelope. They out did themselves here. This thing has TONS of articulation and the design is just as smart/clever as anything Hot Toys would/ have produced.

Nice work SSCs! Encore! Really excited to see IG-88 & Grevious now. Man, these are really really well done. Ball jointed hips, swivel ankles, ball hinged thumbs, ab crunch...these things are loaded!!!

And the back pack does fit on the figure in storage mode.

Man! Trying...to....resist...buying.....more.....errrrgghhhh!

Opened mine up...... what can I say awesome, thanks for the warning on the joints. blasted them with a hairdryer and all good, sometimes it pays to be a week behind. love the articulation & look like they stepped out the movie, bodes very well for Grevious AAA+++ Sideshow

Just curious with the guys that have these....under the box...does it have the HT logo on it like as the clones do or is this just a complete Sideshow product?
Mine arrives tomorrow.WOOT WOOT.

Just curious with the guys that have these....under the box...does it have the HT logo on it like as the clones do or is this just a complete Sideshow product?
Mine arrives tomorrow.WOOT WOOT.

No HT logo on my Battle Droid box.

Here's a pic of my Droids in their plastic casing...

SS-InfantryBattleDroids-003.jpg

I love these things I can’t stop playing with them. My wife told me I better stop or I'll go blind.

If anyone is on the fence, take the plunge they are one of the best figures SS have done to date and you can’t beat the price.

I was glad that my EX waitlist converted for these. All of the great pics make waiting for them to arrive more difficult.
Sideshow has really nailed these Clankers! :bow

LisaSSFan

Mine arrived today. Damn they are good!

My only fear was getting the neck fully extended; they were tight as...

Thanks for the pictures and reviews, everyone.

Has sideshow given any indication when the other droid variants might be available? They had 3 other selections at their SDCC display.

Thanks for the pictures and reviews, everyone.

Has sideshow given any indication when the other droid variants might be available? They had 3 other selections at their SDCC display.

No. But now that they have produced these, it's just a matter of changing the paint apps so I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 if not all 3 this year.

Back