1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gently, but firmly move things, and very slowly. Be aware of pressure points. If it doesn't go one way, try the other way first.

Another good fix for packs is to use that ticky tack putty. It's not really an adhesive, but sticks to things well and cleans off completely. Put a little around the pegs before shoving them in.

They look great... but the more accuracy you get the more likely it is you're gonna break something :lol Seems a lot of Endo's have broken wrists, fingers, etc.

I just hope no-one else reports having trouble with theirs. Though that's what happens when you let bugs* build them.

*Geonosians

They look great can't wait to get mine on monday, we make sure to hit the joints with a dryer 1st before moving, sorry about the breaks guys!

Guys thanks for the warning, I did be extra careful.

Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Cant wait to receive these in hand tommrow. Id like to order another 2 so hopfully these droids are as good as everyone is saying!

Just got an email from sideshow that my waitlist is about to convert to an order for the EX version Battle Droids. :yess: :blissy

LisaSSFan

Now to figure out how to pay for both the Droids & IG-88. :panic:
Just like the old days were everything ships at once.

Also, the guns don't fit on the backpack, so they are slightly inaccurate there.

Wookiepedia describes the Battle Droids as being held together by magnetic energy. That's why they seem to fall apart when they are deactivated or destroyed. That's probably how the guns mount to their backs as well, cause there's really no design feature present to hold the gun in place in the movie either.

Wookiepedia describes the Battle Droids as being held together by magnetic energy. That's why they seem to fall apart when they are deactivated or destroyed. That's probably how the guns mount to their backs as well, cause there's really no design feature present to hold the gun in place in the movie either.

Good ol' CG designs, impractical when you try to make them REAL! With a little bit of chewing gum and some magic, maybe we can have realistic 1/6 versions that are exactly like the ones seen in the movies. :rotfl

Sounds like they should have magnetized the figures then (the backpacks at least, not the joints.)

SS make sure you pass on the need to the design team for OOM-9 to come with an exclusive "you're under arrest" pointing finger hand!

I know, I was just stating it because people were talking about putting magnets in the backpacks. If the blasters were metal they would stick [but ruin the paint] to it.

SS make sure you pass on the need to the design team for OOM-9 to come with an exclusive "you're under arrest" pointing finger hand!

Oh, I suggested way back when I painted these that the finger tips should be independently poseable. Whether or not OOM9 comes that way remains to be seen. I'm not sure how a swappable hand would work, but if you had an exrat right hand at some point, making a custom pointing version would be doable enough.

I may permanently mod one of my droids like that. OOM9 for sure.

I thought the backpacks were magnetized? It feels like there's a slight pull when putting them on.

I played with these guys for quite a while last night after getting them. Putting them in their storage mode and then opening them up is great fun. Yes, they do seem a bit fragile, very true to the design. I guess when movie costumes/props don't have to work in the real world it becomes more difficult to realize them practically.

But if you're as careful as you need to be with just about any recent HT release, you'll probably be fine.

I'm looking forward to getting multi-colored ones - although I hope we're not looking at a full year of nothing but droids like we got with Clones...

Thanks for the review Dave, so you didn't have any concerns of them breaking? Sounds at the very least letting them warm up to room temperature is a good idea before getting to handsy with them.

I opened one up on my break. the joints are very stiff when you first take them out. I just grabbed the joint that moves up and down and move the forward and back join both ways till it moved. it feels like they might of been put together with the paint slightly tacky. if your careful everything should be good.

I don't think my neck is up all the way though. it looks like its about 3/4 of the way out and i don't want to pull on the head because the joint there is much like the shoulders. I'll play with it more at home.

Back