1/6th scale Max Rebo Band set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, don't open up that nerd can of worms full of dumb SE justifications :lol

I'd definitely buy a Shaw Anakin... but would definitely avoid a SE Anakin :yuck

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol I can live with all the other SE fixes (though Han/Greedo is still hard), but this one just perplexed me and actually had me shouting angrily at the TV when I first saw it. :dunno

Add to that, his spirit wearing robes that in the life of Anakin Skywalker, never existed :lol Though even for Shaw that applies once the PT fleshed out his costumes, before the PT, I figured that's the robes he wore and even Obi-Wan wore the robes like he did in the OT in his youth.

Add to that, his spirit wearing robes that in the life of Anakin Skywalker, never existed :lol Though even for Shaw that applies once the PT fleshed out his costumes, before the PT, I figured that's the robes he wore and even Obi-Wan wore the robes like he did in the OT in his youth.

Maybe Obi Wan kicked down a set for him. It didn't really bother me because in ESB and ROTJ, Obi has his outer robe which was left on the ground when he dissolved into the Force.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/UPw-3e_pzqU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/UPw-3e_pzqU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It is riddled with plotholes :lol Even as a spirit, Yoda still had Frank Oz' hand up his ass :lol

Maybe Yoda just really likes his prostate massaged? :huh

This is what makes me laugh when elitists argue that the films are superior. Not only across the OT, but in the individual films themselves, there are so many inconsistencies and plot holes. :lol

Well I do believe both trilogies have different feels to them, OT being more concentrated on the characters and the PT having a bit broader scope and landscape, but I like them both. The only things that always bother me with the PT are Anakin's perky attitude on Tattooine, he just seemed to chipper for basically being Watto's _____, and the pickup shoot wig effects with Obi-Wan in Episode 1 and 2, it's so blatant and horrible when he's wearing the wigs and fake beard, I shudder looking at them, it was the greatest joy when ROTS was in production and they announced Ewan would be maintaining his natural hair and beard for the pickups. I'm also not a fan of killing off Maul, but that's personal taste vs. movie quality :lol

Well I do believe both trilogies have different feels to them, OT being more concentrated on the characters and the PT having a bit broader scope and landscape, but I like them both. The only things that always bother me with the PT are Anakin's perky attitude on Tattooine, he just seemed to chipper for basically being Watto's _____, and the pickup shoot wig effects with Obi-Wan in Episode 1 and 2, it's so blatant and horrible when he's wearing the wigs and fake beard, I shudder looking at them, it was the greatest joy when ROTS was in production and they announced Ewan would be maintaining his natural hair and beard for the pickups. I'm also not a fan of killing off Maul, but that's personal taste vs. movie quality :lol

Wrong. I think having Maul in the sequels would've added quality to them. A nice rivalry between Dooku and Maul and then Vader, Dooku and Maul, would've been a fantastic plot point and added even more lightsaber badassery. I suppose his sacrifice was necessary though to pop Obi's cherry.

I'm actually glad they at least killed him, a badass like him should go down swinging instead of running away from the fight like Dooku and Grievous, it was him or Obi-Wan, but that fight wasn't ending without someone dying.

I'm actually glad they at least killed him, a badass like him should go down swinging instead of running away from the fight like Dooku and Grievous, it was him or Obi-Wan, but that fight wasn't ending without someone dying.

And yet still, they could've given him a robotic lower half. I think having him returning with the clunk of robotic legs would've been a great reveal for AOTC.

I remember when early shots of the AOTC duel were hitting the net, and Dooku at the time was just a silhouette and there was no word on who Anakin was fighting, I kept hoping it would be Maul brought back somehow. I'd be ok with Maul being like Darth Vader robotic, but no that weird crab looking rig from that EU design of him, it just didn't look like Darth Maul anymore.

I remember when early shots of the AOTC duel were hitting the net, and Dooku at the time was just a silhouette and there was no word on who Anakin was fighting, I kept hoping it would be Maul brought back somehow. I'd be ok with Maul being like Darth Vader robotic, but no that weird crab looking rig from that EU design of him, it just didn't look like Darth Maul anymore.

I thought this would've been an okay look:

attachment.php

They could've utilized the same type of leg attachments they did for Underworld's lycan and pulled it off naturally. I think I would've actually even preferred this to Grievous or having Maul continually butchered by the Jedi until essentially he became Grievous. It would've personified the term "Phantom Menace" a whole lot better with him being a reoccurring character.

Well my perception of Phantom Menace was basically Palpatine, the Sith lurking with the Jedi not knowing about it.

I do like the idea of Maul being sort of the ultimate warrior that they keep patching up so long as there's viable parts to work with.

I guess I could be ok with that art above, but there's a few things I'd change.

1- No need for him to have bigger horns, he looks more like Skeletor at the end of Masters of the Universe when he has that gold crown, which is not a good thing.
2- I don't dig the neck brace, he upper body is fine.
3- I'd make the legs more like a human's and les Grievous shaped, since Maul's natural legs weren't like that, and I'd reduce the lower body to be proportional to the top so he'd basically look the same, just with mechanical parts.

Well my perception of Phantom Menace was basically Palpatine, the Sith lurking with the Jedi not knowing about it.

I do like the idea of Maul being sort of the ultimate warrior that they keep patching up so long as there's viable parts to work with.

Exactly, foreshadowing what would become of Vader.

They could have also used it as a way to early on introduce the medical chamber where Vader was made, that part was a little to convenient. I'm a Sith Lord and just happen to have my own special ER on standby :lol

They could have also used it as a way to early on introduce the medical chamber where Vader was made, that part was a little to convenient. I'm a Sith Lord and just happen to have my own special ER on standby :lol

As Arnold would say, "Dat moovee has plot hoes beeg enaff to dribe my hummah true!"

Fortunately, they made up for that one with an Awesome shot of Palpatine with lighting striking in the background.

I would guess this set'll consist of everything seen here, and I know some wouldn't want it, but I'd also like a piece of flooring too, just to give some context to the band besides having Jabba and the Han wall nearby.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CGE9091lg.jpg

I like the idea of the flooring. Boushh or the Gamorrean Guards can be displayed on that too.:)

Now that we are getting Max Rebo and gang. Next I love to see from Jabba's palace are B'omarr Monk, Squidhead and Yakface.:lol

Back