1/6th scale Max Rebo Band set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yieks... $300... if thats the case then is an even easier pass.

I'd say $300 is a minimum for this set if they are going for the classic Kenner boxed set of figures and accessories. These will require A LOT of new tooling and molds that can never be used again. I'd say PLAN on paying $450 and be happy if it's under that.

I would guess this set'll consist of everything seen here, and I know some wouldn't want it, but I'd also like a piece of flooring too, just to give some context to the band besides having Jabba and the Han wall nearby.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CGE9091lg.jpg

Even like a little floor and a few steps, not this exact setup because it's the SE, just saying, a little environment would be nice, and since figures and instruments alone is likely to run $300 or so, if you're going to commit to getting the set at that price, what's a little more money to have a more interesting display.

MaxReboBandSpecialEdition.jpg

Yeah, the SE band sequence was easily the most painful of any changes made. Greedo shooting first is probably the worst change, but at least its mercifully short :lol

This is VERY EXCITING NEWS!!!!

It would be better if they were PF size, but I'm sure these will look beautiful in 1:6 scale. I can't wait to see more details soon!

I like the design of the little green guy sitting up on "stage", but the song really doesn't fit into the scene or even the Star Wars series, the original '83 piece felt like it belonged in Star Wars music like the Cantina band music from ANH.

This set just might motivate a want for some of the other palace pieces if this happens. I think the Rebo band set is an essential ROTJ palace piece and it's been near the very top of my list of Sideshow productions. The Gentle Giant piece is gorgeous, just a bit too small. $300 is not a show stopper for me. I want this set!! And I REALLY hope it's homage to the pre-SE. I really hope it's not SE.

This set just might motivate a want for some of the other palace pieces if this happens. I think the Rebo band set is an essential ROTJ palace piece and it's been near the very top of my list of Sideshow productions. The Gentle Giant piece is gorgeous, just a bit too small. $300 is not a show stopper for me. I want this set!! And I REALLY hope it's homage to the pre-SE. I really hope it's not SE.

Did you read the last Q&A? Sideshow said part of what stalled them starting on it was getting approval from LFL for a non SE version. Approval was granted and everybody's happy! :D

For Hasbro's market, I'm sure it's not worth their effort to get the approval, GG and Sideshow cater to a higher end market, and many of the people that can afford those pieces are old enough to have grown up with the originals and have love for it and find the SE designs unacceptable in products that costs hundreds of dollars. Hasbro figures are as much to kids as collectors and most kids won't ever know the pre-SE looks and won't care, so Hasbro has little motivation to make the effort with LFL, which I'm sure is no easy task, they seem to be slave to whatever's in the SE is the design now.

I hope Sideshow pushes someday and gets approval to make a Shaw Anakin Skywalker figure, I'd love to have that.

Did you read the last Q&A? Sideshow said part of what stalled them starting on it was getting approval from LFL for a non SE version. Approval was granted and everybody's happy! :D

Yep, most important part of the information... non SE :rock :rock :rock

Don't know if it was a battle for them or not, but I appreciate that they were able to do that. I would not have been a happy camper if I had to pay extra to get some of those dumb____ SE additions.

Yep, most important part of the information... non SE :rock :rock :rock

Don't know if it was a battle for them or not, but I appreciate that they were able to do that. I would not have been a happy camper if I had to pay extra to get some of those dumb____ SE additions.

Yeah, that was awesome. Here's hoping (sorry Pix :lol) they push for a true non SE Ghost Anakin, as MF said, with the Shaw head and not that annoying Hayden paste-over nonsense. :monkey4:monkey4

Yeah, that was awesome. Here's hoping (sorry Pix :lol) they push for a true non SE Ghost Anakin, as MF said, with the Shaw head and not that annoying Hayden paste-over nonsense. :monkey4:monkey4

I'd settle for a pack with both heads, since all they did was add Hayden's head, they use the same body, that way people who want Shaw can have Shaw and Pix can have Hayden :lol

I know, he likes it so much he even had me photograph it for him.

I'm not like totally against the change, but I don't care to put any money past a $7 Hasbro figure into anything based on it.

The revelation of Anakin behind Vader's mask and the spirit of Anakin Skywalker were two of the most impacting moments in the OT on me as a kid, I just will always think of Shaw as Anakin Skywalker. I remember Hasbro's spirit 3 pack and the first time in the new line they did it. I also have the vintage POTF Shaw Skywalker, it's kinda neat, they gave him a faded paint job to seem like a ghost, creative for 1983.

I know, he likes it so much he even had me photograph it for him.

I'm not like totally against the change, but I don't care to put any money past a $7 Hasbro figure into anything based on it.

The revelation of Anakin behind Vader's mask and the spirit of Anakin Skywalker were two of the most impacting moments in the OT on me as a kid, I just will always think of Shaw as Anakin Skywalker. I remember Hasbro's spirit 3 pack and the first time in the new line they did it. I also have the vintage POTF Shaw Skywalker, it's kinda neat, they gave him a faded paint job to seem like a ghost, creative for 1983.

The only thing I never understood was how Hayden was justified being the ghost. If Anakin had good still in him, he should've been the aged Shaw as the ghost because he came back from the Dark Side saving Luke and died, although mostly machine, as Anakin Skywalker, not Darth Vader.

Oh, don't open up that nerd can of worms full of dumb SE justifications :lol

I'd definitely buy a Shaw Anakin... but would definitely avoid a SE Anakin :yuck

Back