1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's unfortunate the English is bungled at the end there. It doesn't help clarify the issue. It sounds like they anticipated producing 2,000 pieces, but sales were softer than anticipated so just gave the factory an order for 1,000. I just don't understand why mark it as 'Sold Out', only to produce the rest of the edition size later. Especially when some of the more recent figures are more of an "open edition", where they are produced in batches.

I guess technically it's a new production run which has different costs, so that may explain why it has a new SKU and UPC, as it's coming in as a "new" item.

Agreed, technically there is no reason why Sideshow shouldn't only do a production run of 1000, out of the original scheduled edition of 2000, if pre-orders were soft.. and if those also took quite awhile to sell, then its fairly understandable, they might decide to wait until the new movies injected fresh interest into the license, before making the rest.. plus once the original run were sold, if there was no scheduled date for the next batch, then the first batch were indeed 'Sold Out'.. they never said 'Edition Sold Out'.. so Sideshow told us the truth, from a certain point of view.

I don't think we can really expect to get a detailed, running report on Sideshow's logistics, and if it's a new production run, then as you say, that would explain a new part code and price.. It may also explain why the limited edition concept was quietly shelved in favour of open editions for more recent releases.. less complicated.

Anyway,I'm happy that those who want the E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster, will be able to get a new one.. It's a cool piece and looks good as a 'big gun' with quite a range of SW and non-SW 1/6 figures, if you are not a purist.

The thing that probably made them revisit the e-web (despite apparently low sales) is some Hoth hardware supposedly makes an appearance in RO.

Weta did the exact same thing with Barad-dur. ES of 1k, sells outs, prices rise on eBay, maybe a year or so later it comes back for pre-order because only 750 were actually made.

Or that their Snowtrooper is going to make a reappearance. (Which might even mean that HT has Snowtroopers in the works, as SS announced their Boba 2.0 around the time HT announced ROTJ Boba).

More snowtroopers is a good thing! :)

SNN1833B_471637a.jpg

I think Sideshow's Snowtroopers looked pretty good, though I never bought any.

Surprised they haven't already announced a reissue considering we have the AT-AT Driver and Luke Snowspeeder Pilot upcoming. And a reissued Probot.

I'm very happy with my SS Snowie. If HT ends up making Snowtroopers I will keep it to add variety to the display.

Especially weird, considering if it was part of the original production run, why did the price go up $10? And why does it have a different SKU and UPC? Why make a new product page at all?

I'd take everything an SSC CS rep says with a grain of salt, but I have to believe that's just lip service to make it seem like it's not a re-release and that the original edition size is still intact.

I know they did a similar thing with the Mythos Kenobi... only 1200 were produced of the planned 2,000. With that it was easy to confirm since the original statue had a numbered ES out of 1,200 and I think the later ones were out of 2,000.

So possible, but sounds a bit odd as you'd think the original set would have had it's numbers changed and/or the SKU and UPC would be the same.

it would be really tasteless for ssc to be re-releasing before HT drops the exact same figure, and if they are working together I'm sure they are mapping and planning out figure releases so something silly like that doesn't happen. It just doesn't make sense and will piss a lot of buyers off.

The difference with the SSC ESB release was that it's a completely different Fett, so it was a good moment to re-launch the ESB Fett to go and compliment the ROTJ Fett, this was not the same as re-releasing a figure.

IG-88 is coming back because they are finally getting around to completely the bounty hunters (LOL WHERE IS DENGAR) but that's probably it. It's just been so long, they feel it needs to be rebooted so people have a better chance to have the whole set.

Why the Heavy repeater was released, not sure, does that mean a snow trooper is on it's way back from SSC? Maybe! But right before HT drops a snow trooper? Don't think so.

They are mapping these releases out so it makes sense, they aren't just going to double-time us. Somebody save this post and send me a screenshot of it when SSC and HT both drop the same figure at the same time.

LOLOLOLZZZZZ

BTW if you want to mention Vader, as that's the only other instance I can think of... I mean, how could HT NOT do a Vader in their first couple of figures? Different Vader anyways. Who knows when we will see another HT Vader, I'd love to see an ESB one, but who knows. It's not the same. It's different trust me. *pats you on the back* we're in this together, we got this.

The Rogue One film is very likely to give the opportunity and incentive, to revisit a lot of OT figures.

Sideshow is offering Double Rewards and Free Shipping on this one. Man, if they do that for a Bossk re-release I will be really really happy! I'd be happy with just a re-release truth be told.

I wish the free shipping would apply on international orders.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

I wish the free shipping would apply on international orders.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

I feel you. I would be happy at least with not exclusive release so the retail stores in Europe would get some pieces.

Sideshow is offering Double Rewards and Free Shipping on this one. Man, if they do that for a Bossk re-release I will be really really happy! I'd be happy with just a re-release truth be told.

I'm not surprised at the free shipping but it seems odd that they're offering 2x rewards upon release. Usually a figure has to linger quite a while before they kick in extra rewards.
Was also surprised to see them discounting the Exclusive R2.
Probably reading into it too much but could they afraid these won't sell and are doing what they can to entice sales?

Back